Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, do we know whether she had indeed forgotten her keys or was there another reason she didn't enter the house? It would be interesting to know what the taxi driver made of it as he dropped her off. Was it right outside the property? And wasn't she witnessed staggering away by some students who were waiting for a taxi? Did they take her taxi perhaps? Had they seen anyone suspicious hanging around? And was the CCTV of her on the bench caught on a car dashcam which was moving or stationary thereby capturing her leaving the bench?

(O/T, As I mentioned I’m in the USA and now realizing there is a lot I don’t know about UK criminal procedure, MP investigations over there, etc., so I’m feeling limited as far as weighing in on certain things as I normally would but just wanted to say thank you everyone for this discussion, I think it’s awesome when people from around the globe can come together for a common purpose.

I was glad to come across this link in my research as a result of Libby’s case and link it to the WS Resources and Database Section for the UK:
UK - UK Missing Persons Unit

“Welcome to the Missing Persons Unit website
We are the UK national and international point of contact for all missing person and unidentified body investigations.

Here you can search through some of our unidentified cases to see if you can help us establish their identity.”

(See warning at link re: graphic images)
UK Missing Persons Unit

—-

I also found this directly from the above site:

A Twitter List by UKMissingPerson
Missing People (@missingpeople) on Twitter

Last edited:
I am not sure if many have watched the Police Tapes - Becky Watts doco?

A similar dynamic happened in that case. Though police had some blood evidence at the scene plus forensics to tie her to Mathews flat, they could not work out where Becky was. So it became a race against time to locate her.

It was not revealed to the pubic the forensics they had. Nor was the hiding place particularly clever. Yet it eluded the police from 19 February to 3 march.

Hiding place wasn’t very clever but I don’t think many people’s minds could have went to where she ended up, it was that gruesome. A case most of us will remember for our lifetime.

Sometimes student housing can have bedrooms situated on the ground floor. Not something you or I would contemplate but maybe offenders of this type find a thrill in not getting caught in dangerous situations?
I had a ground floor room one year at uni - was in bed one warm night with the window cracked open when a man tried to climb in the window!

Sometimes student housing can have bedrooms situated on the ground floor. Not something you or I would contemplate but maybe offenders of this type find a thrill in not getting caught in dangerous situations?

Certainly in the student area near where I live it's common for people to steal laptops by hopping in through the groundfloor window of the flat. But it's usually during the summer months, as I imagine most windows are locked throughout winter.

true- but you don't usually swab for DNA for a minor burglary. It would be one way to ID the sex toys however if they went that route.

Just wanted to respond this one. All forces in England should take dna and fingerprints for all recordable offences. Burglary is a recordable offence and therefore biometrics (dna and fingerprints) should be take.

I used to live in a university town and in the student area lots of houses had bedrooms on the ground floor, there was a lot of petty crime as the students weren't very good at locking up, there were campaigns to remind them about security

I lived in this area and most of the student houses have 1 or 2 bedrooms on the floor. Many people were burgled while I lived there. One person left their door open thinking another housemates was in. Another had the smallest window cut out with a knife and they climbed in. Another had the lock bumped. One left a window open too. Student properties are perfect targets for burglars. They are not well maintained, students are careless and have a lot of high value items. The lads student house that got raided they took 7 games consoles! There are so many phones, laptops, iPads, games consoles etc in a student house. Far more so than in a family one.

Just wanted to respond this one. All forces in England should take dna and fingerprints for all recordable offences. Burglary is a recordable offence and therefore biometrics (dna and fingerprints) should be take.
Giving fingerprints, photographs and samples
The police have the right to take photographs of you. They can also take fingerprints and a DNA sample (eg from a mouth swab or head hair root) from you as well as swab the skin surface of your hands and arms. They don’t need your permission to do this.

The police need both your permission and the authority of a senior police officer to take samples like blood or urine, or to take dental impressions.

This doesn’t apply when they take a blood or urine sample in connection with drink or drug driving. 

Being arrested: your rights

I lived in this area and most of the student houses have 1 or 2 bedrooms on the floor. Many people were burgled while I lived there. One person left their door open thinking another housemates was in. Another had the smallest window cut out with a knife and they climbed in. Another had the lock bumped. One left a window open too. Student properties are perfect targets for burglars. They are not well maintained, students are careless and have a lot of high value items. The lads student house that got raided they took 7 games consoles! There are so many phones, laptops, iPads, games consoles etc in a student house. Far more so than in a family one.
In areas where this is particularly bad (ground floor break-ins) you'll often find the ground floor and basement windows have security bars fitted.

I hope I am wrong but they have questioned him for days, searched his house with SOCO, done the same with his car, reviewed hundreds of hours of cctv and had hundreds of calls from the public. All that and he gets charged with stealing sex toys. It doesn’t make sense.
Hi It’s possible that the police have strong suspicions about him but no concrete evidence, thus are charging him with three minor offences to keep him in custody for longer, normally those other petty crimes would not be in court as a case a few days after he was arrested, I think it’s a way of stalling, that’s not to say that these crimes he is charged with are not important they arevery because they are indicative of his profile and certainly distressing to the people involved.

In my opinion. This guy that the police arrested is just a small time flash your bits about tea leaf, i just don't see any signs of kidnap or murder. Will be interesting to see what avenue of investigation the police take next over the next few days,

Welcome jd2006 and all new members :)

In my opinion. This guy that the police arrested is just a small time flash your bits about tea leaf, i just don't see any signs of kidnap or murder. Will be interesting to see what avenue of investigation the police take next over the next few days,

“small time flash your bits about a tea leaf” :) I am really enjoying hearing all the local lingo here!

It's not him.

It was discussed yesterday that guy in the efit from the Malton cases was convicted I believe...Think his name was Kyle or something.

It's probably on the thread previous to this one as it was yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 28
I had a ground floor room one year at uni - was in bed one warm night with the window cracked open when a man tried to climb in the window!
Yep. I had a ground floor room right next to the front door once. Someone going out must have left the door unlocked, because I came out of the kitchen to see some lad stroll in the front door and head for my bedroom. Ran after him down the road with the only thing I had to hand - a plate of pasta!

Presuming these are student houses he’s burgled though, I reckon with a bit of observation he’d be able to give himself ample time to find something such as sex toys once he’s got into a room. Not even sure they’d be necessarily be that well hidden, student rooms can be pretty sparse in terms of storage anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire