CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is said that there’s an element of truth in most lies.

What if PF did say something to KK about children going missing from playgrounds, but it was part of his character assassination of Kelsey.

Imagine a conversation along the lines of: She’s crazy. I was already worried she might harm the baby. Now she’s found out about you ‘n’ me, she’s gone nuts. She said if she and I split up and I get custody, I might find K missing from school one day (little girls go missing off the playground all the time).

KK could usefully recall this when scrabbling for a defence.

Just speculation.

MS said at one point that she was not free to answer or words to that effect, and it sounded to me like she expects to be a witness or her own lawyers cautioned her.

ETA per DM: "... When pressed for further detail she added: "I can't really comment completely, but fear. And legitimate fear." ..."

My impression of MS has not changed since the R's spoke out about her. This MS interview confirms it for me - she is the useful idiot, the toadie of a manipulator or bully, gullible, riding on the coattails of her rodeo queen friend, feeling grateful to be chosen by the most popular girl, willing to do anything for her galpal.

Flying monkey.

I think an Idaho potato could do a better job of defending KK.

I’m sick of it myself.

I'm thinking this idea has (massive) legs, Massy!

KK is clearly a fan of the carbs...and they just as evidently love her right back.

The spuds would mount an admirable defense. They'd stick w/ her through thick and thin!

Well, through thick, anyway.

JMO.

Last edited:
It wasn't KB's father. It was a guy who has a website, or a blog, "Dad with a Phone". He also runs Woodland Park Underground. It was not Kelsey's actual dad.

Yeah, Dad With A Phone is thirty something, with a huge red beard. DB is older and clean shaven.
PF's place has a large horse barn, and I counted 5 to 8 horses in corrals in the Denver News drone video of the 35 acre place. KKL's place in Idaho also has a large horse barn, and on Google Earth the arena is obviously well used by fast horses. I think MassGuy pointed out that a three barrel racing course was set up in the GE satellite shot.
IMO

I totally agree. And I'm not even going to give her a fear "pass" regardless- the outcome is the same, and the outcome is inexcusable. I just find the absolute refusal of a lot of people to even consider the possibility that fear played a role in this to be kind of baffling, I guess.

There is only one possible scenario in which I can remotely believe that she felt any fear, but it was not fear for her life or that of her children.

I think PF has something on her, something big enough that could have destroyed her professionally and she chose to help him rather than be exposed. And, deep down, she wanted KB gone even if subconsciously for her own selfish reason.

I firmly believe there's much more to all of this because her story, as put forward by the R's and M, just doesn't add up on any level.

I also suspect there's a possibility that PF may actually be fearing for his life. Hear me out. Just say, what if someone that really loves her wants to protect her from that info and any other dirt coming out during PF's trial? This rabbit hole may be much deeper than any one of us can imagine.
OR
Just my fertile mind going in all directions :) It may no longer be a valid theory as it appears she has lost her license or is about to. Then again, maybe it's something that would take away all hope of ever getting it back again. What does PF know about her that she does not want revealed? JMT

If KK was aware of other accomplices, wouldn't she be afraid for her safety now? Same if she only suspected there were others involved.
It does seem weird. NK in the CW case supposedly went into witness protection (I don't know for sure if she really did but there was talk) and here KK admits to not only be aware of the homicide but a plays some part of it and she supposedly walks around freely. Maybe LE doesn't feel as though there is anyone else involved. Off the fence I go again.....

There is only one possible scenario in which I can remotely believe that she felt any fear, but it was not fear for her life or that of her children.

I think PF has something on her, something big enough that could have destroyed her professionally and she chose to help him rather than be exposed. And, deep down, she wanted KB gone even if subconsciously for her own selfish reason.

I firmly believe there's much more to all of this because her story, as put forward by the R's and M, just doesn't add up on any level.

I also suspect there's a possibility that PF may actually be fearing for his life. Hear me out. Just say, what if someone that really loves her wants to protect her from that info and any other dirt coming out during PF's trial? This rabbit hole may be much deeper than any one of us can imagine.
OR
Just my fertile mind going in all directions :) It may no longer be a valid theory as it appears she has lost her license or is about to. Then again, maybe it's something that would take away all hope of ever getting it back again. What does PF know about her that she does not want revealed? JMT

Yep, I think that blackmail as the source of fear is also totally possible.

Thanks Ajay. I always found it fascinating that no-one outside family spoke up much about Kelsey, and virtually no-one spoke about PF and her as a couple.

And now no-one talking in Idaho either. (Other than those who have involved themselves publicly). Has this happened in other cases that people recall?

I think KB's people are very private by nature, as she seemed to be. I also think that the community of Teller County was very divided in opinions of the case, and therefore silent. That may change as the case moves closer to trial and more is known. I further think that the people of Twin Falls county need to put down the microphone and just walk away. IMO

Searching the condo for evidence, and announcing that they believe KB died in the condo, might well have been announced in the reverse order from how they happened.
Still, without material evidence that Kelsey is dead, it would be very hard to convict PF of murder. KK's testimony would not have been sufficient. I believe the evidence came before PF's arrest.

If PF goes to trial, what will KK do for the next 6 months to 2 years? Kind of hard to hold down a job during all this nonsense. Doubt she’s independently wealthy. Maybe should have thought of that, even if scared, before helping to cover up a murder.

I agree that fear COULD have driven KKL’s involvement. But all we have to go on is what the Rs and MS said. I’m not going to firmly give her the “fear” pass until I know more about the circumstances. What was it about his threats that made her feel that she had no other option? That’s what I’m waiting on.

I don’t know why the Rs and MS have been so willing to be interviewed so early in this case, unless it’s for the publicity for their business.

My one and only problem with the "fear" story, is this;
Lets say I was so terrified for my life and the life of my children that I felt I had no other choice than to do what PF asked. My primary loyalty is to my kids and protecting them. I would do anything for them.

So I do what he asks, because now I am even more terrified, he has already killed one woman (KB). I take the phone and i do what he says and drive it to Idaho.

If i was so terrified, I know he has killed once. There is no question I'm not safe even if I do what he asks re the phone. So I drive and take that phone to the nearest major police station and tell them everything I know.

She had everything to gain by going to LE, after she had the phone. Protection from the person she apparently feared the most. Protection for her kids. He wasn't holding anyone hostage until she completed her task. Maybe LE wouldn't have believed the solicitation stuff, but KK had KB's phone and the police would not be able to find KB.

That she didn't go to LE after she had the phone, is the nail in the coffin for me. Can't wait to hear how she answers that when the defense team grills her.

I think KB's people are very private by nature, as she seemed to be. I also think that the community of Teller County was very divided in opinions of the case, and therefore silent. That may change as the case moves closer to trial and more is known. I further think that the people of Twin Falls county need to put down the microphone and just walk away. IMO

Now, Dave, let's not be too hasty about yanking the blowhorn out of their (greedy, self-serving) hands. I'm thinking we need to give everyone their full 15 minutes here.

I'd personally like to see an "Open Mike" night in the Shouse Arena there in TF, which as we all know is home to the annual TF County Fair and Magic Valley Stampede.

All of the locals could get up and regale the crowd with tales of KK's supremely admirable character and amazing attributes. I'm thinking there'd be local TV coverage....possible live streaming?

Still, without material evidence that Kelsey is dead, it would be very hard to convict PF of murder. KK's testimony would not have been sufficient. I believe the evidence came before PF's arrest.

That has been discussed in prior threads. Colorado prosecutors have recently gotten a Murder in the First Degree conviction in a "no-body" trial. It takes a tremendous amount of work, and hundreds of witnesses, but it can be done. There is another one going through the lengthy process toward trial in Pueblo right now. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288