CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly true now. But in the beginning when there was reporting, there was never a statement of where he was last seen or by whom. I can understand the difference in time reporting, due to more info coming in. The later Saturday evening report came out days after the 2pm report, and was in MSM article entitled "Search time Narrowed" or something like that. As they discovered more and more recent info, then the statements changed. Now though? Nothing. Usually that is a sign that either there just is nothing...or that they have leads, maybe evidence, and are protecting the investigation. JMO
Imo they did the same thing with Deans case, eventually they just stopped looking, if it was the LE’s child imo they would keep looking.

Down the road from NR, neighbouring ranch called Stump Lake (on same lake) has a Dean Morrison go missing about 5 years ago. Never located & no trace.

About an hour away in hamlet (town?) called Spences Bridge a man also went missing in the fall of 2017. they found his burnt up vehicle out of town but never located him. The brother has just had two boards erected hoping to keep the story about Luke Neville Misaing in peoples minds.
Luke’s truck was found burned on a logging road, and Bens horse was found by loggers, could be coincidence ?

Really very odd imo, what conclusions can we gather from this, keep in mind the laws surrounding missing persons very from the USA and Canada ?
I can see it if Ben were no longer missing, if he had been found or recovered. But since he has never been on this list, and he was obviously missing from 1/26 on, and also since Dean is not on this list doesn't make sense. In Dean's case, maybe it's too long ago. Though there was one person from 2013, so heck if I know.

Perhaps, yes, have I been on any or seen some no.
I think a logging road would be the perfect isolated yet accessible place to 1) Dump and burn a car (Luke) and 2) Drop off a horse. Or, if Ben did ride the horse up there, then an open place to ride or for the horse to try to find its way back. All jmo

I can’t find any info indicating SAR found cattle or narrowed in on a precise location where Ben “possibly” rode.
His family must be devastated beyond belief & wonder how things went so wrong in short order.
Moo
I think a lot of it was the weather, the -20’s. I saw the SAR teams, lots of them, I think they did an excellent job. How someone can disappear without tracks in snow etc baffles the hell out of me imo.

I think a logging road would be the perfect isolated yet accessible place to 1) Dump and burn a car (Luke) and 2) Drop off a horse. Or, if Ben did ride the horse up there, then an open place to ride or for the horse to try to find its way back. All jmo

Actually, I think no news is good news, as far as the investigation. IMO MCU has a fairly good idea what happened.
A big prob, what did Ben do after his last known sighting at 10pm, Saturday. We only know it was appx 43 HRs before his beloved horse was found. That’s a big window, imo.
All MOO

In all the searching, did they locate the missing cattle he would have been hunting?

ETA - In other words, have they found the area he was searching in yet?
Idk, what I do know is it can lead to vast amounts of forests going up the Coquihalla to Kamloops, I’ve seen cattle in the middle of a 45 minute trip between cities.

That is really alarming. I just don't picture this man abandoning his horse for whatever reason- disappearing on his own or self harm.

So he didn't tell anyone at the ranch of his plans- big red flag there for me. I just wonder where exactly he went missing from. Did anyone actually see him that morning at the ranch, or was his last time being officially seen when he went out the night before?
I cant see him doing that, it’s certainly not in his character imo. Plus why wouldn’t he contact his family if he was going to disappear?

I too am very familiar with Merritt, I lived on Iron Mountain. As you know with any animal that may have passed the birds circle as well as other animals would’ve found him. Why they called off all the help imo was a disservice to the family. It is mostly flat where NR is, IMO that’s why the old horse coaches used it as a stop a hundred years ago.

They called off searchers not just because of the deep cold that set in but also because other than the rein they weren’t finding any clues or evidence.

IMO it was also because they maybe “had/have ” what they needed and the rest of the physical investigation could be carried out without civilians and SAR. That’s maybe why they brought in MCU; they’ve still been searching for and hopefully located evidence.

My guess is that birds aren’t circling due to the cold preserving ... it would definitely be a sign if it were warmer though. I rarely, if ever, have seen vultures in the valley this time of year.

There also used to be a stop and post office by Otter Valley Road; there too it’s a natural level spot but it hardly constitutes being flatland.

Anyway, terrain and topography aside ...

NR land covers a large area, factoring in the grazing lands amounts to thousands of acres (used to be tens of thousands of acres; the ranch is large) that they are searching & when not finding tracks or evidence of heat/fire and then a tacked horse far from the Home Ranch ... it’s a mystery. BuI feel as though we will be getting more news soon.

Lots of murmuring about town. Some sources I feel fairly legit and others I def have been taking with many grains of salt.

Praying for his family. Cannot even imagine the dread they have been experiencing.

Anna, what article do you want? I have a few bookmarked.

That was part of my reply to the poster that claimed LE are now suggesting (or saying) there isn’t a truck & trailer involved; I think we all need to read the MSM with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans