UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally am disgusted that this (only just still a) child cannot be named but a presumably innocent person a couple of years older has been named by his defence.
She was a central character when it all happened so she would have been named during the trial anyway.

I wonder if he is going to claim that "she" - the 19 year old GF - paid him or hired him to kidnap little Alesha. If there was any truth at all to his claims, if he had any substance of proof, she would have been arrested by now.

IMHO, he is blowing smoke and trying to smear someone's name. Maybe she rebuked his advances previously and taking Alesha was a payback to the 19 year old. Now, he is trying to get his revenge another way. Disgusting. Or - since we do not know his identity, but we know he was know to the family - could he possibly be the brother to this GF?

Last edited:
I wonder if he is going to claim that "she" - the 19 year old GF - paid him or hired him to kidnap little Alesha. If there was any truth at all to his claims, if he had any substance of proof, she would have been arrested by now.

IMHO, he is blowing smoke and trying to smear someone's name. Maybe she rebuked his advances previously and taking Alesha was a payback to the 19 year old. Now, he is trying to get his revenge another way. Disgusting.
It has crossed my mind he's trying to inflict as much pain as possible on the family, for reasons I don't understand.

I just don't see this defence going anywhere.

It has crossed my mind he's trying to inflict as much pain as possible on the family, for reasons I don't understand.

I just don't see this defence going anywhere.

I agree - this defense will not win. I feel so much for this family. Her mom and dad pics broke my heart. The devastation that they felt was palpable.

9:53

Judge tells court 'this trial will cause strong emotions'
The accused denies entering an address with a knife and abducting Alesha.

It is alleged he took her to the site of the former hotel, shook her violently, raped her and murdered her.

He has pleaded not guilty to a second charge of attempting to defeat the ends of justice by disposing of clothing and a knife on the shore at Rothesay and washing blood off his body.

Agreed statements of fact were read to the jury yesterday before the judge adjourned the case until today, when evidence will be heard.

Judge Lord Matthews told the panel the trial, which is expected to last up to two weeks, was likely to cause “strong emotions”.

He said: “You have to approach this case with a great deal of professional detachment.”

Boy, 16, due in court over six-year-old Alesha MacPhail's rape and murder

10:34

Alesha was reported missing by her grandmother
Alesha was reported missing by her grandmother Angela King at 6.23am on July 2, when a 999 call was made.

She was found less than three hours later, at 8.54am on July 2 in the grounds of the former Kyles Hydropathic Hotel.

The child was pronounced dead around 30 minutes later at 9.23am.

Yesterday, advocate depute Iain McSporran QC read out a joint minute to the court listing the agreed facts, before the case was adjourned. The trial is expected to last two weeks.

The teen denies all the charges.

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE55JPG.jpg

Alesha was discovered in the grounds of the former Kyles Hydropathic Hotel (Image: Daily Record)

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky
At the High Court in Glasgow for continuing trial of 16 year-old boy, who can’t be named, who denies rape & murder of 6 yr-old #Alesha MacPhail on Isle of Bute last July @SkyNews

James Matthews on Twitter

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky
1st witness is police scenes of crime examiner. Attended area on outskirts of Rothesay on 2 July 2018 where body had been discovered. Court hears Alesha had been staying at address on Ardbeg Rd - further down same street is home address of accused

James Matthews on Twitter

10:49

Trial resumes: First witness is police crime examiner

The trial has resumed.

The first witness to give evidence is a police crime examiner who attended the area on the outskirts of Rothesay - where Alesha’s body was discovered - on July 2.

The court heard Alesha had been staying at an address on Ardbeg Road.

On the same street is the home address of the accused, who we are not naming for legal reasons.

0_Alesha-MacPhail-funeral.jpg

Alesha's body was discovered less than three hours after her grandmother reported her missing (Image: PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member