The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for that coat at all. Maybe it's prettier in real life but those horizontal stripes and the huge stripes in the other direction for the pockets just don't look flattering IMO.

Nice to see HRH without a hat. She looks like she means business in this photo.

ETA in other photos in the DM article, more of the skirt is seen. It has pretty kick pleats in the front.

I agree the coat is awful a rare style miss for Her Majesty. There goes my knighthood or OBE.

Last edited:
I agree the coat is awful a rare style miss for Her Majesty. There goes my knighthood or OBE.

Here you go, Greg :)

knight3-smiley.gif

There are many famous people who met Diana, and "tear up" when she is mentioned. I think that is significant. She is remembered for being authentic, something very difficult to obtain in her situation.

"A Candle in the Wind" is one of my favorite songs.

Great post SeekingJana! I too "tear up" regarding Diana. Such a beautiful lady! She unfortunately, died on my 50th birthday....

and Love "A Candle in the Wind"!

"Candle in the Wind" came from the Live In Australia With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra album. The video is from Elton’s 1986 concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. The sound of applause is the audience responding to the orchestra lighting candles, unbeknownst to Elton.

Elton John singing Goodbye England's Rose, the re-written version of Candle in the Wind for the occasion of Princess Diana's funeral, in 1997.

I was watching a documentary about John Lennon last night and it reminded me a little of the current turmoil in the BRF.

How Prince William hinted of 'disagreements' between he and Kate and Harry and Meghan | Daily Mail Online

I've read a couple of bios about John Lennon, including one written by someone very close to him. One of signs of being in a psychologically abusive relationship is when one partner tries to limit the other's relationship with their family and / or friends

20 Signs Your Partner Is Controlling

I truly hope the sons of Diana can continue to have a healthy productive relationship. Maybe the best way to make that happen is to not reinforce bad behavior.

I luv Sir Elton. I have seen him twice here in Canada. Amazing show. It helps he married a Canadian as he tours many more Canadian Cities. Gosh I think we all remember when Diana died. Our local Funeral Homes opened up to come pay respect and sign a book which was sent to the Family. I was amazed at how many people came.

George Clooney Defends Meghan Markle and Compares Public Scrutiny to Princess Diana's | Xfinity

George Clooney has come to Meghan Markle's defense.

While speaking at a panel for his upcoming series, Catch-22 on Monday, the Oscar winner's friendship with the former American star and now Duchess of Sussex came up when he joked about a report that suggested he would be godfather to her first child with Prince Harry. The actor then turned more serious as he remembered recent press on the past actress...

What saying is that? I don't watch much reality tv. TIA

When he cuts off the conversation and no longer continue discussions or negotiate with the entrepreneur, he says "you are dead to me".

A clear sign & signal that he no longer wants to speak with them or cares about them ( nothing to be taken literally)

I guess I am just so done with it all as to her father, although I do think it was a bad move to have her friends come out in public as this is not unexpected as to her father's response.

When he cuts off the conversation and no longer continue discussions or negotiate with the entrepreneur, he says "you are dead to me".

A clear sign & signal that he no longer wants to speak with them or cares about them ( nothing to be taken literally)

I guess I am just so done with it all as to her father, although I do think it was a bad move to have her friends come out in public as this is not unexpected as to her father's response.

Yes, I saw the media campaign of having her anonymous friends criticize her father in the news media as really wrong. JMO, she set up her father to look bad and she played a long game. She didn't want to cut off communications with him, she wanted to humiliate and demonize him and portray herself the victim BEFORE she cut off communication. I guess these are the kinds of games people play on those reality TV shows that I don't watch, so am kind of surprised when high profile people do this in the news media. Why not just say "Dad I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore" instead of playing some game to set him up and publicly humiliate him.

Her dad needs to just cut off all communication with her and stay out of the news media. Their relationship is toxic and his life will be much better, he'll be subjected to fewer attacks if he does that. He could probably use some counseling to help him make that transition, but his life will be much better.

As for the BRF and palace insiders, they've seen this stuff before and know how to deal with it. The recent negative PR article stating William shouldn't be king, but Harry should is a real red flag.

Prince William told Diana he DIDN'T want to be king | Daily Mail Online

Meghan plays hardball, but the BRF has more experience in dealing with this stuff. I hope they don't cave to her demands. I don't think Harry would make a good King. JMO

Last edited:
Besides needing a personal stylist (clothing, hair, makeup), Meghan needs better public relations people. The interview with the friends that led to Daddy Markle releasing personal correspondence between him and his daughter was a major communications fiasco. Competent public relations people know that every action has consequences. Whoever promoted the friends' interview didn't wisely anticipate Mr. Markle's strong reaction. :oops:

Last edited:
Besides needing a personal stylist (clothing, hair, makeup), Meghan needs better public relations people. The interview with the friends that led to Daddy Markle releasing personal communication between him and his daughter was a major communications fiasco. Competent public relations people know that every action has consequences. Whoever promoted the friends' interview didn't wisely anticipate Mr. Markle's strong reaction. :oops:

I'm not sure. I think they did anticipate the reaction, that's why I question the reason for doing it.

Through history, presidents and other public figures have had to deal with errant relatives who they wanted to keep out of the public eye.

Jimmy Carter had Billy, his beer drinking brother who like to shoot the breeze with the press and say dumb things
Richard Nixon, IIRC, had a brother who drank and was involved in shady business deals
Ronald Reagan had similar problems with his brother, his daughter posed for Playboy
Bill Clinton had his partying brother, Roger
They all managed to eventually deal with problem relatives outside the media spotlight. It's not rocket science, it can be handled quietly and constructively if you try. JMO

Meghan Markle: Kensington Palace 'takes legal advice' after dad leaked her letter

The private correspondence from the Duchess of Sussex to her father has been widely publicised and scrutinised since it was first published on Sunday.

And aides at Kensington Palace are reported to be considering whether or not to take a stand over the public disclosures, taking legal advice before pregnant Meghan decides if she wants to take formal action, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Meghan Markle's leaked letter 'could trigger Kensington Palace legal action'

Meghan Markle: Kensington Palace 'takes legal advice' after dad leaked her letter

The private correspondence from the Duchess of Sussex to her father has been widely publicised and scrutinised since it was first published on Sunday.

And aides at Kensington Palace are reported to be considering whether or not to take a stand over the public disclosures, taking legal advice before pregnant Meghan decides if she wants to take formal action, reports The Daily Telegraph.

I hope he doesn't take the bait.

Cease contact and accept that you can't reform them or give them more chances. Don't let them control you. Walk away.

0B612B2A-71DD-4754-A748-414E6F2AB804.jpeg D028C2FF-8148-4F7B-B095-1002384BB76A.jpeg

The Duchess of Sussex was the picture of elegance in a Calvin Klein dress as she joined Prince Harry at the Natural History Museum on Tuesday night.

Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, who are expecting their first child together in April, are attending a gala performance of The Wider Earth, a play about a young Charles Darwin's expedition on HMS Beagle.

The mother-to-be plumped for a cream roll-neck dress by Calvin Klein and a £895 coat by royal favourite Amanda Wakeley. She teamed finished the look with a pair of suede olive pumps and a matching clutch.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at the Natural History Museum in London | Daily Mail Online

That article claims that MM "owns the copyright" to the letter. Is that a special law for royals? For us peasants, once you send the letter to someone, they can do with it as they please. It's not like he stole the letter or purchased it. Legal action, pffft.

That article claims that MM "owns the copyright" to the letter. Is that a special law for royals? For us peasants, once you send the letter to someone, they can do with it as they please. It's not like he stole the letter or purchased it. Legal action, pffft.

I wondered about this, too. Perhaps KP can somehow prevent Thomas from releasing remaining portions of the lengthy missive, but what's already in the public domain is there to stay.

View attachment 168823 View attachment 168824

The Duchess of Sussex was the picture of elegance in a Calvin Klein dress as she joined Prince Harry at the Natural History Museum on Tuesday night.

Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, who are expecting their first child together in April, are attending a gala performance of The Wider Earth, a play about a young Charles Darwin's expedition on HMS Beagle.

The mother-to-be plumped for a cream roll-neck dress by Calvin Klein and a £895 coat by royal favourite Amanda Wakeley. She teamed finished the look with a pair of suede olive pumps and a matching clutch.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at the Natural History Museum in London | Daily Mail Online
Ooohhhh dear :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member