Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. The wrangling, and the posturing. And hopefully, the clearest parts will be revealed by SLP's truest version of HER story. She made it all happen. She took that leap of faith.

I truly hope we see her win, over the actual BAD people in this.

My fish flop (stole that from I forget who :) ) is now BR is the hero again. Will I flop again? IMO I need to just lurk :)
No just lurking allowed on this case! Lol! We all need to be confused together! ;)

***This is my post this am. People were not having it. So where does this leave us now? He did technically still commit crimes?

We could pray for justice tempered with mercy. Or with just plain old common sense. If the actuality is that he was honestly trying to help a little girl in a very bad situation free herself with no danger of being sent back to her abuser and wife to be "reunited." We all know that SLP was terrified beyond reasoning, and the story about her dog is an absolute physical threat to her from dear old adoptive dad. Shut up and like it, or the same thing will happen to you. omg Bless her heart. She would have taken a ride with the devil himself, horns, tail and cloven hooves, to get away from her situation at home. Yep, dad was the one who made threats, it seems. And it sounds like a death threat.

Don't know about the rest of you, or how this will eventually turn out with BDR, but SLP badly needed a hero to help her, and I need for him to be a hero, too. Please, Lord, let it be true.

It is just sickening the things that happen to children nowadays.

We could pray for justice tempered with mercy. Or with just plain old common sense. If the actuality is that he was honestly trying to help a little girl in a very bad situation free herself with no danger of being sent back to her abuser and wife to be "reunited." We all know that SLP was terrified beyond reasoning, and the story about her dog is an absolute physical threat to her from dear old adoptive dad. Shut up and like it, or the same thing will happen to you. omg Bless her heart. She would have taken a ride with the devil himself, horns, tail and cloven hooves, to get away from her situation at home. Yep, dad was the one who made threats, it seems. And it sounds like a death threat.

Don't know about the rest of you, or how this will eventually turn out with BDR, but SLP badly needed a hero to help her, and I need for him to be a hero, too. Please, Lord, let it be true.

It is just sickening the things that happen to children nowadays.

I'm not lurking yet and would like your post many multiples of times. A hero was needed. And hopefully did hear that call.

I understand that but did you have adult friends that would have kidnapped and harbored you? One who barely knew you?
Even though he got her to safety from her "father", there is still just something very off about this. One of the ideas of him that crossed my mind is that he is very young in his mind.
Yes
Maybe a friend of a friend
But, I get your point.
When and where I grew up (with the hippies in NorCal), this would not have been an unusual situation. lol

Looking forward to seeing if SP is a witness for the Prosecution or Defense of BR.

Prosecution and Defense present their cases at opposite ends of the issue. The many details in between are what juries have to sort out.

Judge's decision in court will be indicative I believe of the merits of the two sides.

Baring any abuse of SP by BR I'm inclined to give BR a pass. Yes, he committed crimes but his intentions seem good. Fingers crossed.

I'm just blown away be all of this! On the one hand BR seems like a probable pervert. On the other hand, he did follow thru and take her to MO where they sent the FBI everything they needed so that SP would be safe, with the arrest of her "father".
Can a single 31 year old man kidnap and harbor a 14 year old with only good intentions towards her? Seems odd to me any way you slice it.

I'm not sure if I replied to your post. Yet. It is just that your words made me think of those reunion videos we see all over the place. Twenty (20) years from now, SP and BR, with their families, meet to go over those crazy details, of a January rendevouz: "Hi, nice to meet you in person. Let me help you with that." Or something gloriously silly like that. SLP can find her dreams now. IMO JMO

(My only comment at this time is “hmmmm...”)

ETA:
(I’d to cross-examine?)
Same here. We've heard from the prosecution and from the defense. Usually a DA won't file criminal charges without clear and convincing evidence of their charges. The defense usually tries to make their client look better.
I'm not sure if BR shouldn't be released until trial as I don't feel he is a danger to society nor do I think he will run....especially not with an ankle monitor.
Imo there's no two ways about it.....BR has to be off. I mean....who would kidnap a young teen they've never met for altruistic reasons?

Just popping in to read todays activity.

I have to say, I am surprised (and relived) to see that things seem to be better than I initially thought. I do have many questions though (most have already been posted here though). I am anxious to read about the hearing tomorrow. Things still 'feel off' to me. Why lie to LE? Why tell her the evidence was too blurry? Why the delay in letting someone - anyone - know she was ok?

Now - her dad? What a .

Like many have said, tomorrow hopefully will give us a better picture of what really happened.

Same here. We've heard from the prosecution and from the defense. Usually a DA won't file criminal charges without clear and convincing evidence of their charges. The defense usually tries to make their client look better.
I'm not sure if BR shouldn't be released until trial as I don't feel he is a danger to society nor do I think he will run....especially not with an ankle monitor.
Imo there's no two ways about it.....BR has to be off. I mean....who would kidnap a young teen they've never met for altruistic reasons?

I agree, I think he would be ok released until trial - but I also think his internet should be limited.

I think if they discover any (other) child *advertiser censored* on BR's computer he is done.
If not, he just might get thru this with a light sentence.
Of course, we don't know what SP has told LE.
I would like to know if they became involved yet.

I think if they discover any (other) child *advertiser censored* on BR's computer he is done.
If not, he just might get thru this with a light sentence.
Of course, we don't know what SP has told LE.
I would like to know if they became involved yet.

In what way are you thinking?

ETA: BBM Involved?

Last edited:
Just popping in to read todays activity.

I have to say, I am surprised (and relived) to see that things seem to be better than I initially thought. I do have many questions though (most have already been posted here though). I am anxious to read about the hearing tomorrow. Things still 'feel off' to me. Why lie to LE? Why tell her the evidence was too blurry? Why the delay in letting someone - anyone - know she was ok?

Now - her dad? What a .

Like many have said, tomorrow hopefully will give us a better picture of what really happened.

I am lurking and don't want to post, as might 'put my foot into it', before tomorrow's hearing.
Things may then be clearer for all of us.
I hope so.

I think, at the very least BR was trying to develop trust with SP. Could that be part of grooming?

Or something as simple as a person trying to figure out a way to help? I know initially it seemed hinky with the 31 year old playing the game.

Of course, LE knows every conversation BR had with any other players. If there were others.

We will find out (hopefully) tomorrow!

Looked up the meaning of abduction and kidnapping. Neither term seems to apply, IMO, for what BR did transporting SP. Both terms imply some form of violence, force, or coercion used. Unless I missed something SP seems to have willingly gone with BR.

The only condition BR had was that SP have proof of dad abusing her. And that after SP rejected BR's suggestions to go to hospital, LE, or friends.

I guess I think about when I was 14.....kinda cute looking.....the different adult men that came on to me and the ones that wanted to act like my protector. Imo they were all the same, just a different game. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea