Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That conversation would have taken place at BR's home imo. Fear of being too close to that home? Fear of being found out before the evidence could be revealed? What other reasoning could have been at play?

How would they know if anything was happening?

Looked up the meaning of abduction and kidnapping. Neither term seems to apply, IMO, for what BR did transporting SP. Both terms imply some form of violence, force, or coercion used. Unless I missed something SP seems to have willingly gone with BR.

The only condition BR had was that SP have proof of dad abusing her. And that after SP rejected BR's suggestions to go to hospital, LE, or friends.
BBM
But, he took her across state lines and she is a minor. That is a Federal Felony. Had they stayed in KY, the charges wouldn't be so steep.

Looked up the meaning of abduction and kidnapping. Neither term seems to apply, IMO, for what BR did transporting SP. Both terms imply some form of violence, force, or coercion used. Unless I missed something SP seems to have willingly gone with BR.

The only condition BR had was that SP have proof of dad abusing her. And that after SP rejected BR's suggestions to go to hospital, LE, or friends.
BBM
I think this is the key word. Coercion. And yes, she did go willingly.
It's really a confusing case at this point. She begged him to help her and she went willingly. It's still kidnapping tho and across state lines and harboring her.
I wonder if this is how a predator works sometimes.
I can't imagine why he made the choices he did to save her if not for other reasons.
I mean.....tell her to make the tape and turn it into the FBI (like she did eventually) without him having to kidnap her and take across state lines and harbor her.

I guess I think about when I was 14.....kinda cute looking.....the different adult men that came on to me and the ones that wanted to act like my protector. Imo they were all the same, just a different game. jmo

You have a certain perspective that allows you to see that 'other side' of humanity.

We each bring differing opinions, sometimes completely opposite, yet they allow these conversations to enlighten.

As I have gotten older, and a little wiser, I still find it hard to contemplate those kind of men. Women too. It blows the mind what some of our neighbors are capable of. Sigh.

I hope tomorrow does bring good news. Any other will be disappointing once again. Hopeful.

What scares me is I didn’t pick up on RP’s darkness during the initial PC. Something felt off but I attributed that feeling more towards the mother. My initial and only real impression of RP was “simple country boy”.

—-

Have there been any comments from the mother of BDR and if she knew Savanna was in the home?

—-

Did they share a bed? Just because SP was being abused at home this obviously wouldn’t be an excuse for him to be having sexual contact with her IF he did.

—-

As mentioned, was his conversation with her sexual before she revealed to him that she was being abused at home?

—-

If he did help get information to the FBI then this is important and possibly a game changer imo because he did encourage and initiate communication with LE, but I have more questions about this (too tired right now).

You have a certain perspective that allows you to see that 'other side' of humanity.

We each bring differing opinions, sometimes completely opposite, yet they allow these conversations to enlighten.

As I have gotten older, and a little wiser, I still find it hard to contemplate those kind of men. Women too. It blows the mind what some of our neighbors are capable of. Sigh.

I hope tomorrow does bring good news. Any other will be disappointing once again. Hopeful.
I guess this is true. We all have something to bring to the table. Life's lessons that are unique to each of us. When I was studying Sociology in College I interviewed many convicts. I was fascinated with their points of reference.

What scares me is I didn’t pick up on RP’s darkness during the initial PC. Something felt off but I attributed that feeling more towards the mother. My initial and only real impression of RP was “simple country boy”.

—-

Have there been any comments from the mother of BDR and if she knew Savanna was in the home?

—-

Did they share a bed? Just because SP was being abused at home this obviously wouldn’t be an excuse for him to be having sexual contact with her IF he did.

—-

As mentioned, was his conversation with her sexual before she revealed to him that she was being abused at home?

—-

If he did help get information to the FBI then this is important and possibly a game changer imo because he did encourage and initiate communication with LE, but I have more questions about this (too tired right now).

Nothing has been released on BDR's mom as of yet. Maybe we hear something tomorrow?

Sleeping arrangements have also not been revealed, afaik

Neither document has revealed anything in depth about sexual talk, or innuendo.

IMO I hear you on being 'tired', almost time for bed. Alone lol :p

ETA: Yeah, I meant to answer your first comment, about good old dad. Probably seething inside that his "cup of coffee" had flown the coop. And mom, the 'nobody'. That was sad.

Last edited:
I would bet, and I'm not a betting man, that those pleas from mom & dad were watched in a home in Madison. That updates in the media were thoroughly digested. They would have been negligent in their safekeeping, not to do so, IMO.

I have no access to television. What coverage was there of this case? Was it on national TV?

—-

—-

—-

—-

I suspect he was just playing into the original game plan he proposed to her. I'm not sure tho. But that's what I suspect the most at this point. Still grooming her?

I guess I think about when I was 14.....kinda cute looking.....the different adult men that came on to me and the ones that wanted to act like my protector. Imo they were all the same, just a different game. jmo
Yeah, I had those too. All of us did. I'm sure my male peers had similar experiences. I never felt like I was being rude to tell them to bug off. I could spot them a mile away (I had good instincts about that). I'm hoping that SP had those instincts also. It chills me to think that she could have found the wrong *"savior". Brrrrr

*although he helped her save herself, I'm not willing to fully commit yet to the idea that BDR was her savior in the truest sense of the word. We don't yet know his motive and that's a BIG deal!

Last edited:
This may have rendered folks speechless.

Not me! I'm just surprised it came out this quickly. I'm sure my posts were all deleted but this is basically what I thought happened. The guy is a total idiot with good intentions who felt he had no other choice.

Also at the link: they had plotted to mail out the video, sound recording, and pictures as soon as she was safely in Wisconsin, which they did. He also got her a burner phone to stay in contact with family to let them know she was safe but that would not give away her location.

Really better thought out than I expected. I thought it was kind of figured out as they went but they really had it planned.

Records: Girl sent FBI letter, recordings of abuse by adoptive Monroe County father

The girl later talked about killing herself. He told her not to.

Rogers suggested she run away to a friend's. But she said that wouldn't work.

"My friends will eventually rat me out to the cops," she messaged.

She also told Rogers that Pruitt at some point had shot her dog, skinned it and left it on the farm property. He carried and used guns, court records state.“

I figured that Bryan didn't come get her without suggesting every other possible option. She wouldn't have dared just go to the hospital, if she could find a way there to begin with. How would she prove it was rape? Prove it was him? Before he had a chance to kill her or her whole family? The only safe way was to be far away and do it from a distance.

I'm also not at all surprised he killed her dog. I'm guessing she was utterly terrified he would find her before the FBI got her information.

Your guess is better than any I had. However, due to circumstances as we know now..... Community service for the transport & harboring? Nothing for the (ugh) insisting on the evidence? How do you charge the (apparent) good guy in this?

In my opinion, you don't. I'd say maybe custodial interference because that fits with her wanting to go with him. Even though those who had custody never should have to begin with.

So, if she went willingly with him over state lines and there was no SA intent and in fact it was to keep her safe and they did deliver the proof to the FBI can the charge of taking her over state lines for sexual purposes even be made?

Not at all. I think the abduction charge will also fall off, this was only custodial interference. They could keep the federal charge but they'd be hard pressed to convict him on it. Yes it was illegal. However, it saved her life. If they convict him, it'll just mean the next time the girl won't get that help.

Sorry, I kinda took over the thread. I'll stop now, just got a little excited with the news.

You aren't the only one, I was so relieved I wasn't totally crazy. I was starting to think maybe I was too open minded and understanding!

No TV here either. Internet, News websites, Youtube news broadcasts, you name it. To realize that person killed a dear pet, assaulted a young girl, and put on that show of despair. Grrr.

I live out of the US and read my hometown paper from MN online. There was zero about it. I only know because of WS.

I got a posting from a friend today on FB that says to look out for her as she is missing.

Do you feel there would be anything about this in Madison?

Much of the information seems to be based on her written story. Those written words and her verbal statements to LE if they are taken seriously will go a long way in helping her regain her sense of control over her own life. He seems to be the first to believe her and to act on that belief. She said even her friends would have ratted her out. He made a series of not so wise decisions but it is apparent that it was not a clearly thought out plan in any sense of the word.

Exactly this. He LISTENED and HELPED her. Whether we think he did the right things or not, she didn't feel there was another choice. She was the one that knew her father and Bryan TRUSTED her judgment and helped her escape. I certainly hope law enforcement also gives great weight to her testimony. I would hate for her to have guilt because Bryan ends up spending decades in prison for saving her.

I truly think this man had good intentions. I could be wrong of course, but I think he tried

Haven’t finished catching up but wanted to respond before I lost the place. I feel like initially when cops came to the door he probably assumed they were there because there was a missing girl, and that they were there to find her and take her home. RP being arrested happened right around the same time as the FBI showing up at B’s house, he probably didn’t know yet.

Yes because Bryan was at work and S was at the house, I'm guessing neither one knew that RP had been arrested yet. They were probably terrified that she'd be found before the FBI received their package. I think if they had said "we've arrested her father for raping her" things might have gone a little differently.

I would bet, and I'm not a betting man, that those pleas from mom & dad were watched in a home in Madison. That updates in the media were thoroughly digested. They would have been negligent in their safekeeping, not to do so, IMO.

And I would add to that bet, they could have easily watched the coverage online. Bryan was likely convinced from watching the parents that SP was justified in her concern that she'd be returned. I think the interviews only solidified the concern about her being returned and motivated them more. If they were considering coming forward earlier those interviews likely prevented it.

BBM

This strongly suggests that SLP was not sexually abused while with SLP.

ETA- IMO, BR convincing SLP to make a video was not sexual in nature- an attempt to obtain an underage *advertiser censored*/rape video. You just don't do that and then send the same video to the FBI. What was BR's exit plan on this? Looked at as a savior? Very strange choices that he made.

I think his plan was to get the evidence needed to save her for good and that's exactly what he did.

Thank you so much.

"There is no evidence that Bryan Rogers attempted to distribute the recording that KV sent him to anyone other than the FBI."

Still reading, but here is an I O U :)
MOO

There was no reason for him to do so. If all he wanted was a rape video why would he go get her? It only made sense if he was kind of an idiot just trying to help her.

Can we even imagine the reaction of the person at the FBI, opening SLP's package? I would almost compare it to the 9-1-1 call with JC being found. "Hey boss, that missing girl from TN just sent us a ton of evidence!"

I imagine it was a surreal "is this real life" type of moment. Because that just doesn't happen. 14 year old girls are not generally able to do that.

And yet, here we are. It appears BR did exactly what SLP needed doing. IMO?

Absolutely. He did what needed doing and what she ASKED him to do. He gave her hope, an escape, trust and time.

Looking forward to seeing if SP is a witness for the Prosecution or Defense of BR.

Prosecution and Defense present their cases at opposite ends of the issue. The many details in between are what juries have to sort out.

Judge's decision in court will be indicative I believe of the merits of the two sides.

Baring any abuse of SP by BR I'm inclined to give BR a pass. Yes, he committed crimes but his intentions seem good. Fingers crossed.

Both sides can call her to testify. Who's witness list she's on doesn't indicate who's side she is on. We call witnesses that the state is also calling, because we believe they will help us whether they want to or not. Her role is to get up there and tell the truth. That's it.

However, there is no reason Bryan should even go to trial at this point. If what SLP is saying is all true, he should get community service and probation. This should be treated similarly to when a parent beats the person in the act of raping their child to death. Desperate times call for desperate measures. They didn't kill him, or the whole family, they just got out of there and kept her safe.

I Hope everyone is elated to hear that in all probability she was not taken advantage of further by another man. That’s the bottom line here, that it sure seems like best case scenario happened, given the very weird circumstances. Beyond the fact that he saved her, it sure does appear that perhaps he laid the foundation for her to be able to trust again. Imagine not being able to trust anyone, having no one listen to or believe you - and then one person changes this.

Yes. She couldn't trust her own parents or friends. Yet, this guy did something to help her, despite the peril it put him in. This guy put her safety above his own. This is likely something that she's never had before. I don't have anyone that would do that for me. I think this likely gave her hope that not all humans are bad.

Same here. We've heard from the prosecution and from the defense. Usually a DA won't file criminal charges without clear and convincing evidence of their charges. The defense usually tries to make their client look better.
I'm not sure if BR shouldn't be released until trial as I don't feel he is a danger to society nor do I think he will run....especially not with an ankle monitor.
Imo there's no two ways about it.....BR has to be off. I mean....who would kidnap a young teen they've never met for altruistic reasons?

She believed she would be killed or would kill herself. She refused every other offer of help he suggested. She had clearly gone over all of the possible options before even contacting him. She'd realized escape was her only option. If Bryan had done anything else he likely would have signed her death certificate.

I think the real question is who would leave a young teen they've never met in that situation to die? If you believed the ONLY safe option for saving this girl was to take her across state lines and help her provide the evidence from a distance.... would you leave her there to die?

BBM
I think this is the key word. Coercion. And yes, she did go willingly.
It's really a confusing case at this point. She begged him to help her and she went willingly. It's still kidnapping tho and across state lines and harboring her.
I wonder if this is how a predator works sometimes.
I can't imagine why he made the choices he did to save her if not for other reasons.
I mean.....tell her to make the tape and turn it into the FBI (like she did eventually) without him having to kidnap her and take across state lines and harbor her.

How would she have gotten the tape to the FBI? Ask RP to take her to the post office? To the FBI office? So when the FBI came to question him he could see them coming and kill the whole family?

All it would have taken was for him to get wind of it and we wouldn't be discussing her at all. Until a few months down the road when she was reported "missing" and her body found.

This girl has been terrorized for the majority of her life. There was NO safe way to report this unless she disappeared first. She was either going to disappear and report from a distance... or she was going to die. It's that simple. I realize it sounds like a movie plot, but it's real life. Occasionally we get cases that are just that out there. This appears to be one of them.

I live out of the US and read my hometown paper from MN online. There was zero about it. I only know because of WS.

I got a posting from a friend today on FB that says to look out for her as she is missing.

Do you feel there would be anything about this in Madison?

There are several online news agencies online in Madison, but I'm thinking they would be looking at TN online news. moo on seeing what was being reported 'back home.'

There are several online news agencies online in Madison, but I'm thinking they would be looking at TN online news. moo on seeing what was being reported 'back home.'

Would the FBI announce they got a tape from her online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998