Identified! WA - Seattle, Wht Male, 30-60, UP17874, on Beach, Adidas Underwear, Air Jordans, Dec '17/Jan '18 - Paul Bossart, Jr.

I think Stringer resembles this Doe a lot!

Mr. Broach is a good find. He seems to have really distinctive teeth, so I wonder if they might have compared dentals.

Do you guys think I should send it in? I've never done it so can somebody walk me through it?
I sent in a few possible matches for LE or the medical examiner’s office via email. It’s fairly easy. I listed what similarities the MP and the UID had and I also gave both their NAMUS codes. If I contacted the ME, I listed the phone number for the LE that the MP went missing from.

If you have to call, I guess you could say all that too.

Just about to delete that because of common sense XD
I don't know what email to contact. There's a small email link that you can click but I don't know if I should use it. What have you been using?

Just about to delete that because of common sense XD
I don't know what email to contact. There's a small email link that you can click but I don't know if I should use it. What have you been using?
Try emailing the PD that the MP is missing from. I know that the ME in Seattle doesn’t have an email that is listed.

Alright—a little update-

I said before that I emailed the Gig Harbor PD about Michael Kittler. They got back to me today:

“Ms. Carter (that’s not my last name but ok),

We’ve been in touch with King County’s ME and they stated the unidentified male’s DNA has been uploaded for identification and no results have returned yet.”

I’m...not entirely sure what he means lol if anyone could explain...?

Alright—a little update-

I said before that I emailed the Gig Harbor PD about Michael Kittler. They got back to me today:

“Ms. Carter (that’s not my last name but ok),

We’ve been in touch with King County’s ME and they stated the unidentified male’s DNA has been uploaded for identification and no results have returned yet.”

I’m...not entirely sure what he means lol if anyone could explain...?
They probably uploaded the DNA to an ancestry site, but no matches have came to the DNA.

Got another missing person to compare to the UID.

Mitchell Hamilton (57) of Port Townsend, WA went missing in October of 2017.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The height and age fits. Port Townsend is by the water so he could have traveled to the Magnolia neighborhood once Seattle within the few months until the UID was found.

I don't normally post so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. But could this UID be Jeremiah Foco?

Jeremiah Edward Foco – The Charley Project
Welcome to Websleuths! We encourage you to post.

Jeremiah Foco looks like the reconstruction and the location works but the timing doesn’t. Foco went missing in July 2015, while the UID died in late 2016-2017.

Welcome to Websleuths! We encourage you to post.

Jeremiah Foco looks like the reconstruction and the location works but the timing doesn’t. Foco went missing in July 2015, while the UID died in late 2016-2017.

I noticed the dates were off but the Puget Sound is increadibly cold which could slow decomp. Especially if the body was weighted down. I'm local to where this UID was found/Jeremiah went missing and we don't get a lot of disappearances or UID's.

Jonathan Joseph Woodward – The Charley Project

Original
Original
Original

March 11, 2016 - December 23, 2017 Additional remains washed up in the same area on 01/22/2018.

Missing From - Des Moines, Washington. beach below the Magnolia neighborhood in Seattle, WA

Missing Age - 36 Years 30-60 Years

Height - 6' 2" - 6' 4" (74 - 76 Inches) 5' 8"-5' 11"(68-71 inches) , Estimated

Weight - 220 - 240 lbs cannot estimate
Hair - short brown unknown
Eyes - brown unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance - Jonathan was last seen in Des Moines, Washington on 3-11-2016. He lives a transient lifestyle and is known to travel up and down I-5 corridor, mainly in Washington and Oregon but occasionally in California as well.

#

This may be a long shot but I wonder whether these remains belong to Jonathan? He tended to travel along the I-5 corridor throughout Washington, Oregon, and Cali. He hadn't been heard from since March of 2016 and these remains (partial with soft tissue) began washing up along the beach in Dec. 2017. There is a 21-minute distance between the site where the remains washed up and the GPS coordinates shown in Jonathan's NamUs profile. The height is off by about 3"-5" if we take the high end of the 5'8"-5'11" estimate of the UID's height.

It'd be interesting to know how frequently he was in contact with others prior to the filing of his MP report and what type of clothing he usually wore since no description was given. He lived a transient lifestyle but does that mean homeless or a wanderer/adventurer type of traveler? One of his pics appears to be a booking photo and in that pic he looks a bit "rougher" than the other so maybe he had issues with drug use but that's pure speculation on my part. I question his usual schedule of communication because the UID's partial remains still had soft tissue. If Jonathan perished in March 2016, it's highly unlikely his remains would have still had soft tissue in Dec. 2017. On the other hand if he usually went months to a year or so w/o contact, then the MP report may reflect the last time anyone heard from him but he carried on for another year or so before his death.

As I said, it's a long shot but the distance, his resemblance to the composite, and lack of other potential match candidates has me curious for more info (and a comparison). Your thoughts?

I'll start a MP thread for Jonathan as I haven't found one yet.

Jonathan Joseph Woodward – The Charley Project

Original
Original
Original

March 11, 2016 - December 23, 2017 Additional remains washed up in the same area on 01/22/2018.

Missing From - Des Moines, Washington. beach below the Magnolia neighborhood in Seattle, WA

Missing Age - 36 Years 30-60 Years

Height - 6' 2" - 6' 4" (74 - 76 Inches) 5' 8"-5' 11"(68-71 inches) , Estimated

Weight - 220 - 240 lbs cannot estimate
Hair - short brown unknown
Eyes - brown unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance - Jonathan was last seen in Des Moines, Washington on 3-11-2016. He lives a transient lifestyle and is known to travel up and down I-5 corridor, mainly in Washington and Oregon but occasionally in California as well.

#

This may be a long shot but I wonder whether these remains belong to Jonathan? He tended to travel along the I-5 corridor throughout Washington, Oregon, and Cali. He hadn't been heard from since March of 2016 and these remains (partial with soft tissue) began washing up along the beach in Dec. 2017. There is a 21-minute distance between the site where the remains washed up and the GPS coordinates shown in Jonathan's NamUs profile. The height is off by about 3"-5" if we take the high end of the 5'8"-5'11" estimate of the UID's height.

It'd be interesting to know how frequently he was in contact with others prior to the filing of his MP report and what type of clothing he usually wore since no description was given. He lived a transient lifestyle but does that mean homeless or a wanderer/adventurer type of traveler? One of his pics appears to be a booking photo and in that pic he looks a bit "rougher" than the other so maybe he had issues with drug use but that's pure speculation on my part. I question his usual schedule of communication because the UID's partial remains still had soft tissue. If Jonathan perished in March 2016, it's highly unlikely his remains would have still had soft tissue in Dec. 2017. On the other hand if he usually went months to a year or so w/o contact, then the MP report may reflect the last time anyone heard from him but he carried on for another year or so before his death.

As I said, it's a long shot but the distance, his resemblance to the composite, and lack of other potential match candidates has me curious for more info (and a comparison). Your thoughts?

I'll start a MP thread for Jonathan as I haven't found one yet.

He does look facially similar. Circumstance could certainly fit with the UID. The height being so far off is what would make me think it's not a match. But it wouldn't hurt to submit him. I'm not sure how the height of the UID was estimated. It appears they found parts of him washed up over the course of two months. Which could mean the 5' 11" is a very rough estimate. MOO.

1681994999271.png

By Brisa Mendez April 19, 2023 rbbm.
'They’re hoping advances in DNA identification, and genetic genealogy in particular, can finally give a family out there some closure over what happened to their missing loved one. But the problem has been finding the money to pay for it.
"So the first recovery was a hand, and then a month later a torso and a leg washed up—very distinctive shoes, black and gold Air Jordans," said Det. Rolf Norton. "And then three days later on Jan. 25, a foot washed up with the other matching shoe."
The shoe is a size 10, but that hasn't helped investigators zero in on the person's identity.
The multiple body parts washed ashore in 2017 and 2018 near 4-Mile Rock at Discovery Park.
"We scoured a missing persons reports," said Norton. "It’s a mystery—we don’t know who this person is, we do not know what happened to this person, we don’t know where they came from, we don’t know how they ended up in the water."
Detective Norton says that one avenue that is available now that wasn’t five or 10 years ago, is the use of forensics genealogy''

April 19 2023 by Julia Dallas
''SEATTLE — The Seattle Police Foundation is crowdfunding to cover the cost of DNA testing for an unsolved cold case.

In 2017 and 2018, multiple body parts and a shoe washed ashore along Discovery Park. Seattle police detectives and the King County Medical Examiner’s Office have yet to determine who the person is or how they died, according to the Seattle Police Foundation.

“With the department unable to invest the expected cost of $15,000 for DNA testing, the Seattle Police Foundation is launching crowdfunding efforts to pay for the DNA test in hopes of helping solve the case and provide closure for the person’s family,” said the foundation.

SPD is hoping that crowdfunding can work for them after the Clallam County Sheriff’s Department successfully used it to identify the owner of a sneaker that washed up in the Elwha River in 2021. The Sheriff’s Office found out the shoe belonged to a woman that disappeared in 2018.
To support the SPD’s case go here.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back