Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing Madisonville teen sought by authorities

A 14-year-old Madisonville girl has been reported missing as of Jan. 13, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

MCSO saying late Tuesday that SLP, 14, was last seen at her home in Madisonville on Sunday. She may have traveled to the Corbin, Ky. area.

Monroe County Sheriff's Office

TN - TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts discussing the victim need to address her by her initials SP and this includes her first name. It would also help when copying information from a tweet or the body of an article to change the full name to initials.

Yes. It was prior criminal history. The video in the link above your post. Here it is on YouTube.

I'm a little behind. Did anyone watch the video in this article?

RP has criminal history in Monroe County, Jefferson County, Cocke County and Greene County for charges including rape, filing false report, failure to appear, domestic assault, possession of a handgun. Arrests go back to 2001.

The rape took place in their current home. The pictures and video were found in emails on the phone.

I'm not even sure I got everything...
clip_image001.png

Thank you MsFacetious and PommyMommy,

This case infuriates me as I am sure it does everyone.

As PommyMommy pointed out RP has a rather long list of pretty awful crimes.

Let's face it, the idea that SP's mother, RP's wife, did not know about her husband's arrest record is very unlikely.

The first thing I want to do when I hear about his past crimes is I want to bring the mother out to the town square and flog her without mercy.

How could she marry this monster and expose her kids to this danger right?

These are rhetorical questions and if we continually ask them, if we continually trash the mother then we won't get far in discussing the topic.

This is a discussion about SP and her adoptive father and the crimes that recently took place. Not about her bio mom. Maybe if she is charged then we can discuss her in detail.

Please do not turn this thread into only bashing of SP's mom

Can we all agree that there is a good chance she knew about his crimes and went ahead and married him anyway? Therefore she put her kids in horrible danger and should be charged? We can all agree on that right?

So let's not turn this into dissertation after dissertation about what kind of mother would do this.

I'm not saying you can't mention it but let's not make this the whole discussion. If it turns out all you do is tear mom apart then the thread will be shut down for good.

Remember, the topic is SP, RP, and the crime that took place.

Thank you,

Tricia

Hi Everyone,

We are asking you to please refrain from posting your personal stories. While they are interesting, uplifting and at times very tragic, it only takes away from the discussion at hand. Please stick to the topic which is the SLP and her father's arrest.

Unless it is murder, there are mitigating factors in felony cases.

What if B.D.R.'s motivation was to "save" S.P. and he believed that in order to "save" her there needed to be proof.

I can't think of a more horrible way to get "proof" other than being murdered. It was atrocious but without this "proof", the stepfather wouldn't see any jail time. In my opinion.

There is no dispute that B.D.R. drove there, took S.P. (a minor) across a state line. There is evidence that B.D.R. requested the rape be taped for "proof", and that S.P. sent it to B.D.R. There's no disputing that either.

The argument will be whether there were "mitigating factors". What was his motivation behind all of this? Any criminal history in his background?

His D.N.A. will have already be inputted into CODIS so any matches to crimes/rapes will be discovered if evidence exists in CODIS that matches his D.N.A.

We don't know what B.D.R.'s mother will testify to any of this. I don't know if she was as frightened as S.P. and B.D.R. This will all come out in the Grand Jury.

Sometimes there's an indictment and sometimes there isn't. It's up to the Grand Jury.

Then, if and when it goes to trial, there's still no guarantee that the jury there will convict. And if they do, it could be to a lesser charge. Anything can happen in court and usually does.

I really believe that the top-notch lawyer B.D.R. has representing him is motivated by the "gray areas of the law"/mitigating factors.

I think this case could set a precedent.

I am reposting my old post to underline the gray areas of the law and the mitigating factors which I believed (and still do) speak to why this particular law firm chose to represent B.D.R.

Marcus J. Berghahn.

I have no doubt that Mr. Berghahn contacted B.D.R. because this case could set a precedent. In my opinion, this case does contain "gray areas" of the law.

Information is now being available that is highlighting what I believe will illustrate the "gray areas" in this case. We were not privy to any of this information before now.

The possibility of gray areas and mitigating factors were the reasons which I, and others on this thread, felt that this would turn out to be an interesting case.

The question is raised as to why the FBI in St. Louis. It would be one way to get SP out of the house for a weekend if BDR's mom was home from work. During the week, she would be there most likely from 5 to bedtime and much easier for SP to be out of sight but on a weekend she might have been up and down the stairs to the basement.
Also, if they had gone to the FBI office in Madison, Wisconsin, it would have been more local and maybe they thought they would be more easily traced and found.

Interesting how the defense document states that according to the audio tape RP told SLP that “if she chose to off with someone else he would no longer force himself on her”. If this is true she listened and did just that and now he can’t force himself on anyone.

snipped
Monday’s motion states that the home belongs to Rogers’ mother, who was unaware that the girl was at her home.
Madison man charged with exploitation of Tennessee girl had reached out to FBI, lawyers say

This answers one question for me according to this report - Mom was unaware she was in the basement. I'm trying to think like this guy - I just can't - the first thing I would have done if I did bring an abused child to the home I lived in with my Mom would be to confide in her and ask her advice. But that's just me IMO- I am going to await all of the facts. I'm still very bothered by his actions from January 14 - January 31.
ETA: from the same article - so he knew how Fedex worked and could easily have sent everything on the 15th via fedex IMO.
Most recently, the motion states, Rogers had started a job with FedEx.

Interesting how the defense document states that according to the audio tape RP told SLP that “if she chose to off with someone else he would no longer force himself on her”. If this is true she listened and did just that and now he can’t force himself on anyone.

I don’t know if I would believe this statement coming from a man that is also trying to impregnate his minor step-daughter.

snipped
Monday’s motion states that the home belongs to Rogers’ mother, who was unaware that the girl was at her home.
Madison man charged with exploitation of Tennessee girl had reached out to FBI, lawyers say

This answers one question for me according to this report - Mom was unaware she was in the basement. I'm trying to think like this guy - I just can't - the first thing I would have done if I did bring an abused child to the home I lived in with my Mom would be to confide in her and ask her advice. But that's just me IMO- I am going to await all of the facts. I'm still very bothered by his actions from January 14 - January 31.
ETA: from the same article - so he knew how Fedex worked and could easily have sent everything on the 15th via fedex IMO.
Most recently, the motion states, Rogers had started a job with FedEx.
Yes, but they didn't want to give away her location until RP was arrested, so they couldn't just put his home address on the package or have it postmarked from Madison, WI. It would have led LE directly to his mother's house. It makes sense to me that this is the reason they drove to St. Louis.
MOO

Last edited:
Yes, but they didn't want to give away her location until RP was arrested, so they couldn't just put his home address on the package or have it postmarked from Madison, WI. It would have led LE directly to his mother's house. I think this is why they made the drive to St. Louis.
MOO
True - I guess I am too trusting of LE - it just wouldn't have occurred to me that the FBI would be in some conspiracy to return a child to a home where a rape(s) occurred and it is on video IMO. I honestly do not believe he would have been arrested at all if he had done this immediately JMO
ETA: and if this was given to LE immediately, they would not have needed to wait until RP was arrested since they arrested him so quickly when they had their evidence IMO. I guess it was a risk either way. JMO

Last edited:
Yes, but they didn't want to give away her location until RP was arrested, so they couldn't just put his home address on the package or have it postmarked from Madison, WI. It would have led LE directly to his mother's house. I think this is why they made the drive to St. Louis.
MOO
I agree about not wanting to disclose the city it was sent from so that it was sent from elsewhere. IIRC FedEx doesn't ask for identification sending a package. Has this changed? A fictitious address could maybe have been used and gotten there overnight.

I think the lack of urgency getting this package to the FBI is the issue... about two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23