Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was possible too. Looks like he hugs her. Could be a girl. Hard to tell but I thought boy. Although I believe it was her flatmate Amelia who was meant to have put her in the cab?

I originally thought girl, but then watching the person move I started to sway more to male.

A few little bits and bobs

The man perched in his car, I don't think he's rolling a cigarette, as he doesn't put anything to his mouth that I see. Even if he doesn't smoke it, he has to lick the paper! When I watched it I thought he was on a phone. It's the position men take when they're looking at a phone. It could be as others have suggested that he is just keeping his head down to not be seen. I'll look at it with that in mind and see if it fits for me.

I really thought that with the situation, the night ending not out of choice, that she might have killed some time flicking through tinder and met up with someone that way. That might sound like a shot out of the park, but it's what the young 'uns seem to do these days. Almost every week in work, when the 20 somethings are talking about their weekend, they've been linking up through tinder. Usually the other way round. "My mate/s wanted to go home early so I saw this bloke on tinder who was heading to the pub round the corner with his mates so I went and met up with them". This could be the reason they looked at one person so quickly. I had discounted that because I thought she didn't have a phone. Now I know she did. Just as she goes out of view in first section of CCTV she clearly throws her head back to flick her hair out and then puts a phone to her ear. After the stumble she also does that tell- tale hand on pocket to check my phone is still down low enough.

It appears she didn't go into her house when the taxi dropped her off, and her phone was found at her house. That doesn't mean to say she wasn't there any time in between (to have had her phone with her through the night out, and it be at home the next morning)

Please feel free to let me know if I've missed any facts

That changes a lot for me. I don't see her there as being paralytically drunk, off her head at all. Wobbly, yes, and probably added to by the slippery slightly icy pavements and her footwear.

I worked at a private London club for years. Her walk to me has the obvious overly-careful but jangly rhythm of someone who is trying hard to walk straight and can't. Had she arrived up the stairs to my club with that gait we would have refused entry -- although we would also have put her in a cab with a trusted cab service who would then have texted confirmation of safe drop-off. I wouldn't expect her to be able to necessarily negotiate a house-key in that state, but that sort of fine-motor control when under the influence varies so much from person to person.

Surprised how on her own she seems. It's hard, sad viewing.

I worked at a private London club for years. Her walk to me has the obvious overly-careful but jangly rhythm of someone who is trying hard to walk straight and can't. Had she arrived up the stairs to my club with that gait we would have refused entry -- although we would also have put her in a cab with a trusted cab service who would then have texted confirmation of safe drop-off.

Also worked bars and clubs for years- it is the veering to the right when she's walking- I see her as fairly drunk. Plus to be refused from the club as a female- I would say quite drunk.

Now also bear in mind- drunk can hit you harder when you get outside in the cold- contrary to popular belief!

I really don't think she is using a phone in the new CCTV.
You would have thought that if she did then one of her friends would have seen this.
But her friends are specifically reported as having said that she didn't have her phone with her that night.
Unless maybe she had a small phone they didn't know about?
Unlikely imo
I could be wrong though.

I hope they find something soon. I've got a feeling the police are going to start being heavily criticized soon if they don't!

I hate to admit it because I never have a bad word to say about the police, I generally think they do a great job considering all the cuts etc. BUT, I'm starting to think they may have messed up a little bit here. I guess its the choice of strimming and using chain saws cutting back areas that I can't see would give them much benefit. If it is a body they are looking for i would have thought they would have had dogs out helping. If its evidence, discarded items etc surely they could get shredded and missed?

I also wonder if they did have something on the suspect originally and errors in policing or evidence gathering could have jeopardised the conviction so CPS can't charge?

Obviously this is pure speculation and my own opinion.

I had discounted that because I thought she didn't have a phone. Now I know she did.

Libby's friends have stated that she did not have her phone with her that night.

"One of Libby's best friends, Lauren Goodman, also said: "She didn't have her phone with her that night so we can't get anything from it."

"Pal Ryan Tweddle has revealed that Libby did not have her mobile phone on her and one has since been removed by police from the student's house."

Screwdriver, hammer and lip gloss found by police amid new sighting

The man perched in his car, I don't think he's rolling a cigarette, as he doesn't put anything to his mouth that I see. Even if he doesn't smoke it, he has to lick the paper! When I watched it I thought he was on a phone. It's the position men take when they're looking at a phone. It could be as others have suggested that he is just keeping his head down to not be seen. I'll look at it with that in mind and see if it fits for me.

I really thought that with the situation, the night ending not out of choice, that she might have killed some time flicking through tinder and met up with someone that way. That might sound like a shot out of the park, but it's what the young 'uns seem to do these days. Almost every week in work, when the 20 somethings are talking about their weekend, they've been linking up through tinder. Usually the other way round. "My mate/s wanted to go home early so I saw this bloke on tinder who was heading to the pub round the corner with his mates so I went and met up with them". This could be the reason they looked at one person so quickly. I had discounted that because I thought she didn't have a phone. Now I know she did. Just as she goes out of view in first section of CCTV she clearly throws her head back to flick her hair out and then puts a phone to her ear. After the stumble she also does that tell- tale hand on pocket to check my phone is still down low enough.

It appears she didn't go into her house when the taxi dropped her off, and her phone was found at her house. That doesn't mean to say she wasn't there any time in between (to have had her phone with her through the night out, and it be at home the next morning)

She didn't have her phone on her that night so that might rule out the Tinder. Agreed about the cigarette- I see that man on a phone

"Friends have said the student did not have her phone on her during the night."
Missing Hull student made it home before disappearance, says mother

"Ch Supt Ward also confirmed Libby had returned to her home address but never entered the house while her mobile phone has also been recovered."
He said: “We now know Libby arrived on Wellesley Avenue, her home address, around 11.29pm, although it’s not believed she entered the property. On searching the address, we did discover her mobile phone which, despite analysis, has not provided any further insight as to where she may be or her movements that night"
Every word from police update on day 4 of search for Libby
That's what I mean, police would know by now if she had her phone, and it has been reported she did not. But this video has a lot of instances of phone-body language. Grainy video is probably not the best support for a prosecution I guess.

The police said, "we did discover her mobile phone which, despite analysis, has not provided any further insight as to where she may be or her movements that night."

That could include checking pings on phone masts, so they could see when or if the phone moved.

She didn't have her phone on her that night so that might rule out the Tinder. Agreed about the cigarette- I see that man on a phone

Thanks foxy. Yep I guess if it's definitive that she didn't have a phone on her at all that night, it rules out a lot of my thinking

Maybe also interesting to note that the only official suspect was bailed on the abduction charge, not released as such

I don't think we can really say what he was doing because the footage is so poor, bloody spider! Also its worth noting that there's a gap in the footage from when he was sat down to what we saw, check out the time stamps it jumps from 00:02:30 (ish) to over 00:05.00. So before the footage was edited maybe they could clearly be see him smoking.

I don't see where her mum says she DID enter her property??

“She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home... simple,” she wrote.

In earlier reports I did read that her mum state that. She actually said, Libby's phone is in her bedroom. She made it home. Simple.

I guess that was prior to her knowing that Libby went out without her phone.

That's what I mean, police would know by now if she had her phone, and it has been reported she did not. But this video has a lot of instances of phone-body language. Grainy video is probably not the best support for a prosecution I guess.
I know what you mean. I've just watched it a few more times. I think she reaches into her coat pocket, counts out her money in front of her and then pushes her hair behind her ear. She is seen pushing her hair behind her ear in a later clip too.

The search seems a little lacklustre... they appear to really start after 12 or 1pm and stop by around 3pm. Just cutting down areas daily that if they have to cut down with chainsaws, it's doubtful anyone was even there in the first place. It's like they have almost given up and it's a show so they are seen to be doing something when in reality they are just waiting for her body to surface from the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288