UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back view of property with the tower - ground floor door not visible due to roof of other house

Thanks for this. Now I’m thinking there could be 2 doors at either side and 2 doors at the back for access to the houses rather than a stairwell. I’m sure this has already all been debated in the beginning of the thread if memory serves me right. So maybe AK is saying she forgot to take the key out of the back door.....if that’s the inside or outside I don’t know if we will ever clarify this!

Edited - although if she said the ‘back door’ that would insinuate she also has a front door!!

Thanks for this. Now I’m thinking there could be 2 doors at either side and 2 doors at the front and so maybe there is NO stairwell. I’m sure this has already all been debated in the beginning of the thread if memory serves me right.

Far as I remember ( it was a while back wasn't it when we debated it ) the front door of the property allows access to the ground floor apartments ( again, from memory I think there are 2 )
Then the back door - which is at the bottom of the tower like structure in the pic - allows access for Alesha's grandparents - via an enclosed spiral staircase -to their apartment on the first and second floors.
What I cant remember is whether theirs is the only apartment on the first and second floor or whether there is another apartment there.

The ground floor flat at no. 53 is currently on the market. I was hoping for clearer pics of the stair tower, but this is it:

8499158a997a0ba01b13f3191a21073042b67e8b.jpg

afc258e8f6ae75ab329c51fdb58c667916e824af.jpg

I think it's probably the other side of the tower that is relevant.

Photos of 53 Ardbeg Road, Rothesay, Isle Of Bute PA20 - 50260557 - Zoopla

Far as I remember ( it was a while back wasn't it when we debated it ) the front door of the property allows access to the ground floor apartments ( again, from memory I think there are 2 )
Then the back door - which is at the bottom of the tower like structure in the pic - allows access for Alesha's grandparents - via an enclosed spiral staircase -to their apartment on the first and second floors.
What I cant remember is whether theirs is the only apartment on the first and second floor or whether there is another apartment there.

Thanks, i’m Glad your memory is better than mine! Lol. Yes - this all rings a bell. I think it’s a spiral stair case to the grandparents property and another property. I think she’s left the key in that door (her back door - the access to both hers and her neighbours property) and her front door is probably just always open due to habit. Aleshas dad is a young guy maybe she’s just used to leaving the front door open so he can come and go without disturbing them and maybe he has friends who come and go regularly also.

The key thing is confusing me.

It doesn’t define what side of the door. If it’s on the outside - ‘back out of the door’ would make sense. I’ve done this on occasion when I’ve came in and my hands have been full and mind elsewhere. A key on the outside would make easy access for someone to come in, especially if a Yale lock.

Another thought, I wonder if the suspect has went to the door, seen the key, decided to break in for the cannabis. In doing so, has woken Alesha up and taken her.
Except it looks like they are saying he went with one of the kitchen knives from his home, so I think he went with the purpose of taking Alesha.

Except it looks like they are saying he went with one of the kitchen knives from his home, so I think he went with the purpose of taking Alesha.

I agree, I think this was totally premeditated and I hope they throw the book at him for wasting everyone’s time with this deliusional defence. Putting the family through even more turmoil, so utterly selfish!

I think this door is the door to the spiral stairwell, the way the building is shaped it looks kind of oval, and the door is ajar.

Sorry it’s not letting me post a picture but it’s on the above pictures for the property for sale.

Possibly but the amount of Youths that actually carry knives now is frightening and he sounds like a right tearaway. If he went to break in to steal cannabis, it’s likely he would take protection anyway. So I think I need to know more before I could definitely agree his prime intention was Alesha. JMO.

Possibly but the amount of Youths that actually carry knives now is frightening and he sounds like a right tearaway. If he went to break in to steal cannabis, it’s likely he would take protection anyway. So I think I need to know more before I could definitely agree his prime intention was Alesha. JMO.

Indeed. And while speculation is dangerous, perhaps he went with intention unknown (steal drugs, threaten dad?) and was disturbed by Alesha?

Indeed. And while speculation is dangerous, perhaps he went with intention unknown (steal drugs, threaten dad?) and was disturbed by Alesha?

Agreed.

If I’m going into the local drug dealers house for whatever the nefarious reason, I’m not going in empty-handed. So I think it’s hard to determine from that his intention was Alesha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie