TX - 5 dead in mass shooting - Livingston, TX - 11 Feb 2019

Man who allegedly shot dead his wife, baby was 'withdrawn' at bar hours before | Daily Mail Online

The investigation into what led to a horrific murder-suicide has just begun, but rumors and speculation around it are already swirling.

Randy Horn, 54, shot his wife Ashley, 27, their 15-month-old daughter Ranly, and Ashley's grandparents Lynda, 72, and Carlos Delaney, 74, on Monday morning.

Their bodies were discovered at Lynda and Carlos' ranch in Blanchard, Texas just before 10.30am on Monday morning.

Just hours before the shooting, Horn had been at Players, a nearby sports bar in Porter where he was well-known to staff and regulars.

Bartender Jodie Harris, who has known Horn for years, told DailyMail.com that she noticed he wasn't his usual outgoing self on Sunday night.

And Harris was even more surprised that Horn, who ran darts tournaments at the local bars, 'didn't drink as much as he usually does'.

Harris said that Horn had been at Players for a darts tournament at the bar, where he stayed from 1.30pm to around 12.30am the next morning.

He only had three drinks, including one another customer bought him, over the course of those 11 hours.

'Normally, he does shots all day, but he did none of that yesterday,' Harris said.

[...]

Harris said there have been a 'handful' of times over the last three or four years that she has seen Horn become aggressive while drunk.

'Randy was in an altercation every once in awhile,' she said. 'But I never heard of him being abusive to Ashley, he had her on a pedestal - she was so much younger than him.'

[...]

Horn and Carlos' bodies were found inside the house, Polk County Chief Deputy Byron Lyons said during a press conference.

Ashley, Lynda, and Ranley's bodies were discovered outside of the residence. Multiple firearms were also found at the scene.

upload_2019-2-12_12-45-47.jpegupload_2019-2-12_12-48-50.jpeg

Looks like a domestic dispute to me. My guess is that Ashley and baby were staying with her mom and grandparents, and Randy arrived at 5:30AM to shoot them. It's interesting that they named their daughter Ranley - more or less a combination of their first names. I wonder how the family felt about a 54 year old man with their 27 year old.

And yes, I agree that he probably saw her as a meal ticket.

Ita. Wtf was wrong with him!
Sounds like he had a slight drinking problem.

Hard to say. I was reading Comments on Randy’s Facebook where someone was saying they heard the police we’re there trying to talk him down... again I read that on Facebook so...
Believe the police press conference denied this...new to the site... I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough on timeline. Until then im gonna drop any speculation.

What are y’all thoughts on the mother calling her son and police at 5:30 and articles stating the police arriving and discovering this horrible scene around 10:30?

Perhaps when she heard the initial commotion she grabbed a phone and in her panic, called her son on speed dial. At 5:30 AM he might have slept right through ringing phone. Maybe he silences it at night.
Did she leave a message, try texting?
Was she suddenly startled by sounds of the perp looking for her, thus rushing to lock herself in the closet without the phone?
I’m assuming that the son didn’t see the call until he woke up somtime after 10.
MOO

Perhaps when she heard the initial commotion she grabbed a phone and in her panic, called her son on speed dial. At 5:30 AM he might have slept right through ringing phone. Maybe he silences it at night.
Did she leave a message, try texting?
Was she suddenly startled by sounds of the perp looking for her, thus rushing to lock herself in the closet without the phone?
I’m assuming that the son didn’t see the call until he woke up somtime after 10.
MOO
This makes sense to me, but then did she stay in the closet 4.5 hours until police showed up? Hard to say what people would do in that situation..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back