CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if BF is ordered to testify she’s going to tuck tail. She probably hasn’t been fully informed by LE or PA what the penalties are if you don’t tell the truth and nothing but the truth. She probably hasn’t had that in your face interview yet. I don’t think she will be able to handle it.

Odd they kept mum September-November, and three solicitations. Then Kelsey was murdered,and now they are blabbing away. After the Ping led to KK's door. Self serving CYA. What a lovely lot these people.
MOO

I'll cross out your word - Odd - and replace it with 3; ignorant, irresponsible, and stupid. They ALL should have reported PF and his solicitations in October. Period.It's a no-brainer for ALL of them especially the attorneys. They should have but didn’t. And I don’t care what BFF says, KK was 100 % involved in the planning of and possibly the actual murder itself and/or cleanup imo. Her motive to participate was jealously of KB + KK didn’t want to share PF with her for the rest of her life because of the baby. KK, the BFF nor the Rockstahls have any moral compass toward humanity, obviously. Further, the BFF talks out of her arse.

It wasn’t until KK and PF got caught that she 'feared for her life'. I CANNOT WAIT until it all comes out in the wash and actually learn how many people were really involved in this pre-murder knowledge, ultimate murder, and cover-up. I am beginning think like some others that this isn’t the first time PF has murdered a live being.

I think if BF is ordered to testify she’s going to tuck tail. She probably hasn’t been fully informed by LE or PA what the penalties are if you don’t tell the truth and nothing but the truth. She probably hasn’t had that in your face interview yet. I don’t think she will be able to handle it.

Lucky for her she has a fancy attorney to prepare her for that. That makes me sick too, but it is what it is.

I don’t even know how to say this.

KK’s fear of PF was not as strong as her love for him. IMO.

She is the one who drove herself 800 miles from Idaho to Colorado knowing what his plans were and the reason she was going down there.

She may not have known exactly how she was to help, however, she knew KB would be dead and PF needed her help.

As I see it, KK did not or should not have made the trip to Colorado. She could have used many excuses for not going, her car broke, her babysitter cancelled, etc. She could have told him she would be there the next day to buy herself time.

In the meantime, KK should have gone to the police and told them what she knew. She could have told them to look for a missing KB to begin with, which she knew they wouldn’t find.

This way it wouldn’t be a “she said, he said” situation. KB would be gone. The BFF could be interviewed for what she knew as well as the R lawyers by Idaho police. KK could have hidden out someplace for protection.

I seriously question if the jurors are going to be able to look past KK’s involvement. While it is PF on trial, I believe the jury will question why KK was given such a light plea deal and will not give PK the maximum charge.

There will have to be strong evidence that paints PF guilty without a doubt - info that the public is unaware of..

Odd they kept mum September-November, and three solicitations. Then Kelsey was murdered,and now they are blabbing away. After the Ping led to KK's door. Self serving CYA. What a lovely lot these people.
MOO
You'd think that KK would have run for the hills and called the police after the first solicitation.

You'd also think that discovering that PF had a child with another woman during the time you thought he was YOUR boyfriend would have been reason enough to sever ties, even without the solicitation.

And PF lived TWO STATES away.

Little in this case makes sense, starting from why you would risk a lifetime in prison for murder when you can just say "this is not working for me" and ending with why this inane woman would risk jail time, her own reputation, her future and that of her kids to participate in the cover up. I just don't get it. There is no amount of money or love that would convince me to commit a crime that would possibly result in jail time. But there are a lot of people who don't think like me. MOO

Last edited:
I think that the KK & PF story is being far to romanticize. There is at least a ten year relationship between them be it business or sexual. Each one knew what the other was. That is why PF felt confident in soliciting KK for assistance in committing a murder. Sort of the birds of a feather flock together concept.
For motive I can only look at the suspects and come up with spoiled brat greed. KB was the responsible adult in this situation. She had a good job that required her to past drug tests. She purchased a home in WP so PK could have easy visitation rights. I also believe she was in the process of formally serving him on his rights and obligations. That is where the greed comes in. No more hiding his cash business and his cows. He was going to have to declare and act like an adult. That alone could have scared him enough to contact his business partner KK. She may have been in a financial loss situation as well. Hiding cattle and horse transaction so she could receive more child support.
I am not willing to give KK & RR the benefit of some romance story. This is the cold blooded killing of a young mother.
Welcome! I agree.
I can't help but think PF is vain, arrogant, and perhaps superficial. He may have been interested in pursuing the young and beautiful KK, but I think they were tied together in different ways, such as what you suggest.
Although I wouldn't doubt that they remained close throughout the years, because of their previous relationship. They may have had the type of friendship where they confided in each other about things they would never tell anyone else, each knowing their darkest secrets.
There had to be some reason PF felt that he could trust her. I just don't think it was because they were lovers. But then again you never know! Imo

If that was the case, how can the police be certain that she is dead? IMO he made a mess, but had plenty of time for a cleanup and the police probably discovered evidence on their second visit to her house.

one possibility is that the killing was not particularly messy but that he left the body in say, the tub, until he came back for it, and there was some bodily fluid left there afterward. (speculation upon speculation)

Since he planned it, he must have known the risks of electronic communications. He even faked some.

he initially readily gave up his phone to LE so there was nothing incriminating on it OR he did not think anyone would investigate KK (they had a horse together? rodeo business?) and/or he had multiple phones and gave up a "safe" one thinking that would fool LE

Would I still convict PF of murder? Well yeah, based on what we know and assuming there’s no compelling evidence to the contrary.
Absence of compelling evidence that he isn't a killer doesn't imply that he is one (presumption of innocence, not guilth). You need compelling affirmative evidence. At the moment, we suspect the police has it, but we don't know yet what it is.

You'd think that KK would have run for the hills and called the police after the first solicitation.

You'd also think that discovering that PF had a child with another woman during the time you thought he was YOUR boyfriend would have been reason enough to sever ties, even without the solicitation.

And PF lived TWO STATES away.

Little in this case makes sense, starting from why you would risk a lifetime in prison for murder when you can just say "this is not working for me" and ending with why this inane woman would risk jail time, her own reputation, her future and that of her kids to participate in the cover up. I just don't get it. There is no amount of money or love that would convince me to commit a crime that would possibly result in jail time. But there are a lot of people who don't think like me. MOO
Exactly. The whole time she was married to someone else she was carrying a torch for PF, I doubt the relashonship was platonic. Yet KK is playing innocent, threatened victim,and PF as an evil monster. The claim she had no idea that he had a child with another woman is ridiculous. Let's not forget she divorced her hubby right around the time KB,and PF met,and had Baby K.
I don't believe for a second KK didn't know about KB.
PF is a monster, but I believe KK let the green eyed monster get the better of her.
She did nothing to stop KB's murder, Was solicited three times. Then helped in hiding,destroying, evidence. Traveled 800 miles twice, sent texts to make it look like KB took off.
MOO

Like all of us, I've been thinking....

When was the business with the cellphones planned?

For me, this kind of falls into two parts. The first part is when PF picks up Baby K and KB is never seen alive again. He disposed of her body and he could have stopped there - go home, play dumb, and get on with life - assuming he didn't get caught and he didn't plan to.

The second part is the phone business, designed to buy time and lead investigators on a wild goose chase somewhere between Gooding, Idaho and KB's grandmother's or parents' homes. That was 100% KK's part, because PF wanted to stay close to home. That would be his alibi and everyone would assume KB had gone missing somewhere in Idaho.

Did PF come up with this phone plan after he killed KB? Because if he did, I think he was still trying to set KK up. I say 'still' because he was trying to keep his hands clean and get her to do the dirty work in the first place and I don't think it was because he was squeamish.

He could tell the authorities he thought KB was going to see a sick grandma, but if the pressure got intense, he could mention that he did happen to have a jealous recently divorced ex-gf. Of course, when the cops asked where she lived, big surprise, she lives half an hour away from where the phone pinged and KB presumably disappeared.

The cellphone business always bothered me, particularly because the story would have worked much better (KB driving to Grandma's) if one of her cars was gone. He had to know it wouldn't buy much time - a week or two at most - and then the authorities would be called in. Was he trying to buy time because somehow it lessened the chances that KB's body would be found?

That would be true of the landfill, if he put her there. The longer it took them to start a search, the harder it would be to find anything. However, for some reason, I just don't think he took her to the landfill. Too many other places he must know of around there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member