Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an archaic way of thinking and the same logic that has been used to blame a female victim of sexual assault.
"You could potentially pin the blame at many people when it comes to sexual assault, but it takes some warping of logic to pin it all on the women victims and their choice of outfits. But then, blaming the victims, usually the weakest and least powerful in any scenario, is a depressingly common human reaction, as it avoids tackling the bigger issues and challenging the status quo. Those who do it just can’t seem to help themselves. Perhaps it’s no wonder they often try to defend others who seem guilty of the same?"
How 'provocative clothes' affect the brain – and why it's no excuse for assault
JMO
^^ This!

Seriously? Maybe she just wanted to look nice after giving birth and being pregnant forever! Someone can want to look nice and desirable without looking for a hook-up.

And honestly, I think this reverts back to what we were talking about earlier when someone said that almost all of us have found ourselves in situations that could have been dangerous. Just because a woman dresses up and wants to look sexy, or just nice, does not mean that the woman is seeking sex.

Does anybody local know if or where they are still searching? local media kinda went silent after the big weekend searches. I know cajun coast goes home today, but hopefully they have eliminated enough to narrow her location. MOO

I *think* they were searching earlier this morning. It's been raining all morning. My husband got called in to a search in another county further east so he's not with them today. They were out until after dark last night.

They have searched high and low but no sign of her anywhere. That seems to be the way of many missing. They just disappear!
I wonder with the Cajuns gone has Texas Equasearch taken over or were they just there for a few days?
Another question. Many posters have said they are local. Have any police officers come to your homes asking if you have any video cameras on your property?
I hope so. I hope somebody will start a really big push to do just that!
that's how Mollie Tibbetts was found. That's how they found out what happened to Micki S.

I don't think any of us live anywhere near the house where she was last reportedly seen. I think we have a member who lives in Lincoln County, but they're not near the house. I know that property owners around that area were asked to look, but I don't know if anyone turned anything in. Most of us who are local live in the area, as in one of the surrounding counties, but I don't believe we have any Crab Orchard or Lancaster folks.

Such a shame that their efforts appear to have been fruitless! At the very least, can we rule out certain areas as having any evidence?

I don't know if we or they can totally rule it out. In another case I followed Police used sonar to look for a missing woman and the sonar was used to search a river. they found nothing. A privately owned sonar team offered to search and they found the car and body. The owner of the team said he had more up to date sonar equipment than the Police and he felt that helped in him finding the car.

So of course something could be missed and she's where they've looked but hopefully not. I don't know if they've used sonar in the water but I'm sure the dogs or searchers could miss something or the scent was just not there after a time etc. People looking on land could miss something by mistake.

I'm still looking for the link to show what I said to you is correct. It's hard to find. We've discussed this in the threads but difficult to find the link.

I'm pretty new to this message board, I was here for the first time over a year ago to discuss a case and am back now to discuss the Spurlock case. Something I've learned is, I should read the threads before commenting and discussing a case. That way hopefully I would be informed on what's been said and the links provided. I don't see why when discussing a case, you need to post a link to everything said if it's been discussed before in the thread or threads. It's a nice thing to do if someone has a question but can be very time consuming to find a link when you don't recall where the topic was discussed or where you read it in the media.

Hi Bailey,

If someone posts a fact with a link and you ask for the link again, the person who made the post should provide the link. Replying with "google it" or anything along those lines is not acceptable.

Now, if you constantly ask for links that have been posted then it becomes a problem. We have had former members who trolled discussions demanding links to everything all the time just to cause trouble.

We also use common sense when it comes to links. If someone asks for a link to a fact that has been known for a long time and has been discussed for a long time without providing a link then that is a problem too. When you are discussing a case for months and years and certain facts are solid you don't post links constantly to something that is already known. An example would be let's say in the Delphi Case. Abby and Libby went missing on Feb 13th, 2017. Their bodies were found Feb 14th, 2017. We all know this is a fact and do not need to provide links.
In general, as long as you are not constantly asking for links to everything you will be fine. If you do ask for a link and get a snarky answer please report the post.
Thanks,
Tricia

Was it ever confirmed "how" SS left the house she went back to? I just don't understand how the dogs didn't hit on much. I've had children and know that you bleed heavy after giving birth.

Was it ever confirmed "how" SS left the house she went back to? I just don't understand how the dogs didn't hit on much. I've had children and know that you bleed heavy after giving birth.

We don't know. We're not even completely sure that she was ever in that house. The guys she was with said that she left out on foot that morning. The last "sighting" of her, however, was in the car when she Facetimed her mom. It does seem like a dog should've picked up on her scent if she walked away.

<modsnip: unnecessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bailey,

If someone posts a fact with a link and you ask for the link again, the person who made the post should provide the link. Replying with "google it" or anything along those lines is not acceptable.

Now, if you constantly ask for links that have been posted then it becomes a problem. We have had former members who trolled discussions demanding links to everything all the time just to cause trouble.

We also use common sense when it comes to links. If someone asks for a link to a fact that has been known for a long time and has been discussed for a long time without providing a link then that is a problem too. When you are discussing a case for months and years and certain facts are solid you don't post links constantly to something that is already known. An example would be let's say in the Delphi Case. Abby and Libby went missing on Feb 13th, 2017. Their bodies were found Feb 14th, 2017. We all know this is a fact and do not need to provide links.
In general, as long as you are not constantly asking for links to everything you will be fine. If you do ask for a link and get a snarky answer please report the post.
Thanks,
Tricia

Tricia, thank you for explaining.

I don't think any of us live anywhere near the house where she was last reportedly seen. I think we have a member who lives in Lincoln County, but they're not near the house. I know that property owners around that area were asked to look, but I don't know if anyone turned anything in. Most of us who are local live in the area, as in one of the surrounding counties, but I don't believe we have any Crab Orchard or Lancaster folks.
I know you have said your husband searches so I'm thinking he could know some of the detectives on this case! Do you think you could ask him to ask them to do a search of video cameras in the surrounding area.
I might be out of line asking you to do this. So if that was not appropriate does anybody happen to know how I could privately contact them to make sure this has been done!
I just have a feeling that somewhere out there in that side open country there's a camera with a story!
Thanks.

I know you have said your husband searches so I'm thinking he could know some of the detectives on this case! Do you think you could ask him to ask them to do a search of video cameras in the surrounding area.
I might be out of line asking you to do this. So if that was not appropriate does anybody happen to know how I could privately contact them to make sure this has been done!
I just have a feeling that somewhere out there in that side open country there's a camera with a story!
Thanks.

I think that's a reasonable question to ask of LE at this point. IMO they're probably doing this right now and asking those within a certain mile radius to check security cameras. But, if not, this can definitely be something that's politely suggested. It was security cameras that helped solve Mollie's case as well as the Watts' murders recently. There's a real chance that something was caught if someone had a security camera set up out there on their property.

There are some significant details about that night at the bar that have been kept quiet. There are also a couple of people who were close to her that night and we haven't heard from them, either. I wonder what information could be offered if they could speak?

Wouldn't it be something if Savannah DID call someone to come and get her from Garrard County? And they did?

There are some significant details about that night at the bar that have been kept quiet. There are also a couple of people who were close to her that night and we haven't heard from them, either. I wonder what information could be offered if they could speak?

Wouldn't it be something if Savannah DID call someone to come and get her from Garrard County? And they did?

Except I’m not sure why the men last seen with her would say that she left on foot if somebody picked her up jmo

Except I’m not sure why the men last seen with her would say that she left on foot if somebody picked her up jmo

Yeah, unfortunately there are holes in most of these theories. Of course, if the men were asleep when she left then they may not have known that she had a ride. She could've just woken them up and said "c'ya" before leaving. They knew she didn't have a car there so maybe they inferred that she walked.

I'm just throwing something new out there. No new information so I thought I'd try out a new theory.

There are cams at the hemp farm but I don't think she was ever in the white house.

Tell me about the Hemp farm. Was this near where she was supposedly taken? Maybe that was the lure "We can show you the hemp farm". It could be corroborated by photos shown to her from the guys. There are probably plenty of compost type pits there where someone could put a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288