Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not that important.

It shows her stumbling and been put in a taxi but other than that nothing major.

The taxi driver has been cleared and they know she was on the bench after that.

Maybe they have better footage from outside the Welly itself and didn't need more?

Maybe the bouncers wear body cams also so had all they needed from there.
You'd think but what if it showed PR across the road watching her? They should be checking really. Imagine if his car was driving past an hour later with Libby in the passenger seat and they didn't know because they hadn't looked!

Maybe it's not that important.

It shows her stumbling and been put in a taxi but other than that nothing major.

The taxi driver has been cleared and they know she was on the bench after that.

Maybe they have better footage from outside the Welly itself and didn't need more?

Maybe the bouncers wear body cams also so had all they needed from there.
Maybe ? But different angles etc ? Whose to say they wouldn't spot someone watching her

The guy that had the recent CCTV footage was just on itv news.
He said he only found the footage yesterday and that the police hadn't even been to ask him for it.

Which is strange, you'd think they'd check all CCTV footage from the area around the Welly.

To be fair there is a council camera opposite The Welly that I'm sure would have been checked. Probably HD quality too.

If police have identified the various people on film, you would think they would say so for their own sake, as I imagine people calling in saying “what about the cyclist” etc...I know when I once worked a tip line, people called to say the most basic things, i.e maybe check their phones, or the spouse, etc...huge waste of time.

You'd think but what if it showed PR across the road watching her? They should be checking really. Imagine if his car was driving past an hour later with Libby in the passenger seat and they didn't know because they hadn't looked!

We don't know that they havnt already got adequate footage from other premises on there though.

The guy said himself he was away that weekend so by the time he's got back and looked the police could have collected all the footage they need from all the local businesses including the Welly.

I think it's a stretch to assume he was over the road watching her....especially if he was also driving past in his Astra ;)

The police know what they are doing...the fact they are not releasing cctv footage themselves and appealing for persons of interest to come forward makes me think they have all they could need and have identified anyone they needed to.

That guys been paid for that cctv more than likely and also got a nice photo of him advertising his business...I'm inclined to think the businesses that havnt felt the need to sell it newspapers are a bit more believable myself.

If police have identified the various people on film, you would think they would say so for their own sake, as I imagine people calling in saying “what about the cyclist” etc...I know when I once worked a tip line, people called to say the most basic things, i.e maybe check their phones, or the spouse, etc...huge waste of time.

You don't think it's in their best interest to keep it to themselves if they have any evidence?

They owe us no explanation for anything they are doing.

The only people that need to know are Libbys family.

We don't know that they havnt already got adequate footage from other premises on there though.

The guy said himself he was away that weekend so by the time he's got back and looked the police could have collected all the footage they need from all the local businesses including the Welly.

I think it's a stretch to assume he was over the road watching her....especially if he was also driving past in his Astra ;)

The police know what they are doing...the fact they are not releasing cctv footage themselves and appealing for persons of interest to come forward makes me think they have all they could need and have identified anyone they needed to.

That guys been paid for that cctv more than likely and also got a nice photo of him advertising his business...I'm inclined to think the businesses that havnt felt the need to sell it newspapers are a bit more believable myself.
I suppose. Just not having anything to charge him with, no crime scene, no body, I would have just thought they'd check everything.

I suppose. Just not having anything to charge him with, no crime scene, no body, I would have just thought they'd check everything.

We don't know that they are not doing so, we have the words of some guy that has sold footage to a newspaper of somebody's drunk daughter stumbling to a pub.

How's that helping her family?

My son is at Hull uni and lives on campus, I messaged him the Sunday or Monday night and asked if he had heard any updates, he hadn't even heard that she had gone missing!!! He was going to go to Welly that night but ended up staying in, however alot would have so you think they would have sent an email or something out to students while it's still fresh in their minds what happened that night

Looks like flats, not heels. I remember this being discussed, possibly about the person walking into a car on the other cctv.

suppose that good in some way because if she did needed to escape from someone attacking her she would not have got far in heels

My daughter died suddenly last April and wasn't found for 8 hours despite me being in the house. I assumed she'd left and didn't see her under her duvet on the floor. Was texting and trying to ring her all afternoon so the cops took both her phone and mine. Later the Coroner's officer told me they needn't have even taken mine as they could have got everything, even the texts, from my provider within a few days.
Chris, I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine how dreadful it must have been for you and your family. *advertiser censored*

I don’t think it’s coincidence and you’re right it is VERY sinister.
Thinking out loud (I probably shouldn’t! ;)) how did that car drive past at that moment. Had she not been as drunk she’d have been inside minutes before. Wow! That makes me cold...maybe it was just too perfect an opportunity to pass up for a very sinister individual :(
The Astra in the video goes past at normal road speed concurrent with the other vehicles filmed. If it was kerb crawling I could understand your concern but there is nothing sinister about it to my mind.

We don't know that they are not doing so, we have the words of some guy that has sold footage to a newspaper of somebody's drunk daughter stumbling to a pub.

How's that helping her family?
Well if it was my daughter and I went to the bench she was last seen at and saw a CCTV camera at a shop down the road next to her last sighting and asked the police if they had seen her on there, and they said. . . Well we haven't checked yet, but don't worry, someone from itv might. I'd be concerned. And if I went to the Welly and and said . . . There's a CCTV camera there have you checked that, and they said . . . Well no, but someone from the papers might. I'd be concerned.

I'm not having a go at the police, I just would have thought they would check everything and don't see why this guy would lie about it

I wonder if the police can request footage from those "ring" doorbells?

Because they auto record when motion is detected, they record audio and video in 1080p and have night vision.

Surely someone has them on the streets around where she was last seen?
Yes an excellent suggestion. I have a ring doorbell and it captures a wide enough area just for movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23