Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was away the weekend after Libby went missing so even of they went knocking for cctv he wasn't there.

I do agree that of was my daughter of want every bit of cctv footage available however I have faith in the police that they know what they are doing.

What did you learn from that clip? She was drunk, she didn't get in the club, she got in a taxi, a silver Astra that may or not be PR drove past at normal speed not appearing to be stalking anyone so probably just an innocent person driving by.

We've gone from a chance abduction to her now being stalked and followed with nothing to prove that (That we know of).

Think we can agree to disagree.

I trust the police to be way more in the know than any of us and so they should be.

And the guy who gave the cctv to the daily mail? Found him tacky, there's a girl missing probably no longer alive! The whole world did not need to see her stumbling her way to a club...and the photo of him outside his premises with the sign showing (nice bit of free advertising) I find it disrespectful.

I agree he likely sold the CCTV and got a great bit of advertising in ..and hopefully they already have plenty of CCTV of the area already ...but if they wanted the CCTV they could have tried to contact him and get access ..away for weekend or not
I feel the police know full well where she was taken that night they just cant find the final pieces of the case ...and of course they know far more than the public , as they should
Though I still feel every little piece if CCTV may have been helpful from every angle ...especially very early on before they had built up a picture.
Its the first piece of moving image the public has seen of her ...and even now it may jog someones memory

The Astra in the video goes past at normal road speed concurrent with the other vehicles filmed. If it was kerb crawling I could understand your concern but there is nothing sinister about it to my mind.
I didn’t mean sinister in that sense, just that so far in all the cctv we’ve seen a silver Astra turns up (not literally). It felt ‘creepy’ to me, sinister may be the wrong word but I can’t find the word I’m looking for. As people have pointed out it’s a popular car so probably unrelated completely but I can’t shake the idea that it might not be. JMO

God I hate these missing person cases were you just know something really sinister has happened.

Still reminds me of Sian O'Callaghan so much.

Another young girl making her way home from a night out that stumbles across the most evil in society and comes to harm.

Just totally the worst kind of luck for them that you could imagine.

Sian's case haunts me....mainly because I think he was responsible for so many more missing women.

Well, sadly depends what you mean by 'experience' in crime.

Humberside Police's motto used to be Help - Protect - Reassure, they had to abandon that when the population constantly berated them for failing on all three.

Again, not wanting to derail the thread! Sorry it's a long one!

tldr; an overview of the area of Hull between Welly and Haworth in the Beverley Road area over the last 2 years and the sudden spike in crime:

This video was shot a few months ago about a quarter of a mile from the Welly Club.

At the very start of the video, the camera is pointing north West - about 50 yards along the road off to the right of the screen is a Police station. That was put there for the Park, which is also about 50 yards off to the right, about 15 years ago? But at the start of 2018 it was demanned and moved to a station about 3 miles away.

Literally the day after the Police moved out, it was like precinct 13. We felt this part of the city take a turn off a steep cliff, we FELT the crime rise steeply. People around here talk about the area getting noticeably worse by the week and by the DAY! There are coppers around here constantly responding to incidents and violence.

The house on the end of the right of the terrace where it's being filmed is a social housing hostel, and is ALWAYS full of drug dealers. Generally the windows get put through once a month, and the Police are at this crossroads at least weekly, and once or twice a week along this short street.

According to the Police there are 'bad people' who come from Manchester to tax the dealers in this street.

The guy in red is drunk and is trying to score some spice and is not happy. He's already been up and down yelling at people, it's close to school home time. At 1:10 he can be seen 'talking' to a guy with a dog. The guy with the dog is the local heroin/spice/crack dealer and that's his house he's outside. He's lived here for years, so I know him to say 'hello' to, and apart from trying to sell me a bike every now and then, he doesn't bring any trouble, funnily enough, to my door, unlike the dealers at the other end.

Just after the filming stopped the dealer with the dog saw the guy in red off and was shouting at him.

With absolutely ZERO exaggeration, this heroin/spice dealer was complaining that the area was getting worse, I kid you not. Our local heroin dealer is complaining about the downturn in the neighbourhood.

Last year about halfway between here and Welly a man was stabbed to death over a drugs argument. Around the time the video was taken a new dealer moved in and within a week was lying on that cycle path you can see crossing the street to the far left, having been stabbed by guys who had come to tax him.

Just before Christmas I 'found' a semi-conscious 15 year old girl lying along that cycle path about 1am after a saturday night crying that she'd been spiked. I got her home safely.

You can walk along this street at 3.30 in the afternoon and you can watch blokes sat on the pavement openly dividing their score up on pieces of paper, mothers and children walking by.

I have started to slowly try to document the goings on here, but I have to be careful and subtle. People think I exaggerate. You can plainly hear their orders too, they shout it 100 yards down the street, "2 brown and 3 white", this crossroads is s hotspot for people just hanging around and cars parked across it, all hours of the night, dealing obviously.

I was beaten up by a gang of kids on this street about 9 months ago that left me on crutches for 2 weeks. So picture this, I'm lying on the street, in the middle of this junction, getting the life kicked, stamped and beaten out of me by 2 kids raining down on me. In this hails of fists and feet I manage to have the presence to get my phone out and dial 999, only to receive "You are on hold for the emergency services".

A neighbour was watching the entire assault unfold from her bedroom window; she too received "You are on hold for the emergency services". After I had ran for my life on a busted knee, I eventually got through, but because I had given them the slip by now and they were not in sight, I was told it was not an emergency.

All this may not be directly related, but since the City of Culture (2017) concentrated on the City Centre, we have all seen a MASSIVE drop in ALL areas outside the centre. Serious social commentators are calling this place the English Detroit and they're watching it happen live, and we are living it.

The Police are in general retreat, they are losing control. Hull has always had problems and bad areas, but all this is new and is less than 2 years old.

This is my local shop, on Beverley Road about 1/4 mile from the Welly.

It's along time since we've heard of buses refusing to go on estates! (2-3 miles from the main area in question and certainly NOT a student area, but indicative of the current trend downwards across the city.)

People are talking in terms of a sudden lurch to the bad old days of the 80s with large no go areas and entire run down streets and buses afraid to travel into certain areas.

There are potholes everywhere, there is more rubbish and fly tipping, and rats are out of control.

Newland Avenue:
Newland Avenue is the heart of student land, and also the heart of this local community. Students and old skool families live cheek by cheek in this area of Hull, a pretty unique blend, giving Newland Avenue a unique character, and safe day and night for decades. That has changed in less than 2 years. People are staying away from Newland Avenue during the day because of crime, muggings, street beggars, street drunks, spice addicts and random violence. At night the addition of more bars and later licenses is alienating residents and creating a Mini-Magaluf from 1am till 3am.

In very short time it has seen a real spike in crime.

The Piper Club is the other main student dive in this area, on Newland Avenue, not far from the end of Raglan Street. It's much more of a meat factory than Welly, they do things like Hawaiian night in November when people go in swimwear.

There is a lot of foot traffic along this small street (the one in the video); people pass both ways to and from Piper and Welly. We watch lasses walking into that park all alone all hours of the night.

Welly Club is right in the centre of this expanding 'ghetto' area.

Newland Avenue is beginning to suffer. The 'badness' is creeping up the streets on the East side of Newland Avenue, from Beverley Road.

The other side of Cottingham Road, north along Beverley Road, now to become Beverley High Road, around where Libby lived, around Beresford Avenue and Haworth are still largely untroubled by this spreading 'ghettoisation'. You are not 100% SAFE anywhere in this City, but you travel from 2nd world Russian/Brazilian style street safety where Welly is, to quite an affluent 1st world area once you get to the Haworth part of Beverley Road. Literally, a mile along Beverley Road is a world away!

A lot of this is subjective perception and anecdotal, but it is shared by a lot of people. Humberside Police are under a LOT of scrutiny at the moment. I think because of the upsetting nature, and out of respect for Libby and her family, there's been no real public criticism yet. But people are already afraid and angry BEFORE this Libby case by what they see as the crumbling of the very infrastructure around them and being left to deal with it alone. Me and my neighbours have joined together to share a CCTV DVR box across our two houses. We are at the moment gathering wood to put up more gates round the back and put extra height on our fences.

People here genuinely don't care whether Libby was from Hull, whether she liked Hull or took it to heart or not. There is genuine shock and concern, not just for Libby, but for everyone who lives here because we fundamental believe the Police cannot protect us.

Wednesdays at Welly is under 18s night. A lot of us know lots of people who go to Welly, I have friends who have teenage kids who go to Welly. Real old style communities may be a thing of the past, but everyone is worried about the future of this locale and the city and everyone is feeling it.

tldr: Hull has had this kind of thing coming for a couple of years...

Oh my.
I first want to commend you for documenting things and for trying to bring awareness and for trying to change things for the better.

I also feel deeply sorry for you and your family and friends having to deal with the deteriorating environment.

It sounds like you are taking wise steps to better secure your own personal areas for your own safety and I agree with you that I would do as much as that as possible like larger/better fencing and maybe even steel bars and metal locking grates across windows if I had to.

Its very sad that it has come to that. And its terribly sad to hear that police and the city is not doing enough to help change things.

There are no really good answers when things like this begin to happen and it sounds like you are trying to do the right kinds of things by pooling forces with other community members to get the city to begin to listen so that real positive change can happen.

Best of wishes for you and your family and do try to stay as safe as possible. Bless you.

I just had a look on google earth. The Oak Rd playing fields/park is so close to the river Hull. As you look at the playing field, the pond and the river from an aerial view, there are roads on the other side of the river that a car could use to access very close to the actual river by car.

I agree he likely sold the CCTV and got a great bit of advertising in ..and hopefully they already have plenty of CCTV of the area already ...but if they wanted the CCTV they could have tried to contact him and get access ..away for weekend or not
I feel the police know full well where she was taken that night they just cant find the final pieces of the case ...and of course they know far more than the public , as they should
Though I still feel every little piece if CCTV may have been helpful from every angle ...especially very early on before they had built up a picture.
Its the first piece of moving image the public has seen of her ...and even now it may jog someones memory

I do get what you mean I just think the police must not feel it was so important and we know they have many many hours of footage.

I think footage of her at the bench would have jogged people's memories more.

I just don't agree with people passing footage onto newspapers and getting free publicity out of it...it doesn't sit well with me and doesn't seem genuine.

If I'd got that footage I'd have turned up at the police station with it and demanded someone take a look not make a call to daily mail.

I just don't think it's respectful to her family to show it.

I firmly believe of the police wanted us to see things they would release it themselves.

For all we know there could be something on that footage that they don't want getting out (unlikely but we are not to know what other lines of enquiry they are following)

I do get what you mean I just think the police must not feel it was so important and we know they have many many hours of footage.

I think footage of her at the bench would have jogged people's memories more.

I just don't agree with people passing footage onto newspapers and getting free publicity out of it...it doesn't sit well with me and doesn't seem genuine.

If I'd got that footage I'd have turned up at the police station with it and demanded someone take a look not make a call to daily mail.

I just don't think it's respectful to her family to show it.

I firmly believe of the police wanted us to see things they would release it themselves.

For all we know there could be something on that footage that they don't want getting out (unlikely but we are not to know what other lines of enquiry they are following)
I agree the way we have got to see this does not sit well.
I only said yesterday I find it strange how little help the police have requested from the public in the way of CCTV etc

See the photo here ; So who’s house is this in thread 1 with the police all round it that night ? Thread 1 says Libby’s but now we say hers is 32 with hedge, why were police all over this other house ? Thanks UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019
I don’t know, there’s a few different pics MSM have quoted as Libby’s so I’m confused. Could be the convicted rapist? DM or HullDM referred to at least one sex offender has had their house checked? Could be the house PR was accused of masturbating near?

See the photo here ; So who’s house is this in thread 1 with the police all round it that night ? Thread 1 says Libby’s but now we say hers is 32 with hedge, why were police all over this other house ? Thanks UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Maybe a registered sex offender lives there? Would imagine they all get a visit of they live so nearby (just guessing)

Or maybe that house had been broken into and they thought it may be connected.

I only said yesterday I find it strange how little help the police have requested from the public in the way of CCTV etc
I do too, the only thing I can think of is that they have footage of her and him by that park. And thats where the trail ends.

If the Police have footage of her on the bench and she was upset/crying, is it possible that they do not want to show it out of respect for her friends and family as it could be quite distressing if she was in an emotional state? If they do have footage of her sitting on the bench and PR approached her, they would also have footage of him speaking to her. If the CCTV is his car and she got in willingly, it could still be abduction if he locked the doors and took her somewhere she did not want to go. The Police know way more than we think - the could already know that it was her getting in the car with him. He could have told them that he gave her a lift because she was upset (another motorist also said that she was distressed) and that he dropped her off. He had a number of days to 'think' prior to his arrest.

Assuming they aren't total incompetants then are we to assume that they have all the footage they need to be sure they can track Libby once she got out of the taxi and what they are missing is coverage of what happened after she got out of the car (assuming it was she we have seen getting into the car)

You'd hope that lessons would be learned from Suffolk Police in the handling of the CM case

Last edited:
It’s never been confirmed. My theory is that hers is number 32, the one with the doorway that is concealed with a hedge and that MSN showed photos of her parents entering/ exiting. I think number 17, the one with the large glass porch is possibly a doorway in which P. has been seen leering/ flashing
ah that would help me understand thanks

Maybe LS went to this house after she was dropped off by the taxi. House of student friends perhaps. Wasn't there mention of a house party prior to going to the Welly? Maybe some connection there.

I was thrown by this initially too. When the investigations first began I was under the impression Libby lived at the house pictured with the dark door - and assumed at the time maybe she lived there with her parents. Not sure if that is also a student house? Either way, later reports stated she lived on Wellesley Ave, and that photo isn't Wellesley, it's Beresford, the longer road with more expensive houses which Wellesley branches off from and connects directly up with Beverley Road. I gather perhaps they'd already eyed their suspect (PR) and was perhaps dusting for prints as part of a related burglary investigation or suchlike. I have no idea what relevance this other house has to the case otherwise. Perhaps Libby had ventured there on her way to the bench? But I am fairly confident now her actual digs were 32 Wellesley Ave, the one with the overgrown privet hedge.

Well, sadly depends what you mean by 'experience' in crime.

Humberside Police's motto used to be Help - Protect - Reassure, they had to abandon that when the population constantly berated them for failing on all three.

Again, not wanting to derail the thread! Sorry it's a long one!

tldr; an overview of the area of Hull between Welly and Haworth in the Beverley Road area over the last 2 years and the sudden spike in crime:

This video was shot a few months ago about a quarter of a mile from the Welly Club.

At the very start of the video, the camera is pointing north West - about 50 yards along the road off to the right of the screen is a Police station. That was put there for the Park, which is also about 50 yards off to the right, about 15 years ago? But at the start of 2018 it was demanned and moved to a station about 3 miles away.

Literally the day after the Police moved out, it was like precinct 13. We felt this part of the city take a turn off a steep cliff, we FELT the crime rise steeply. People around here talk about the area getting noticeably worse by the week and by the DAY! There are coppers around here constantly responding to incidents and violence.

The house on the end of the right of the terrace where it's being filmed is a social housing hostel, and is ALWAYS full of drug dealers. Generally the windows get put through once a month, and the Police are at this crossroads at least weekly, and once or twice a week along this short street.

According to the Police there are 'bad people' who come from Manchester to tax the dealers in this street.

The guy in red is drunk and is trying to score some spice and is not happy. He's already been up and down yelling at people, it's close to school home time. At 1:10 he can be seen 'talking' to a guy with a dog. The guy with the dog is the local heroin/spice/crack dealer and that's his house he's outside. He's lived here for years, so I know him to say 'hello' to, and apart from trying to sell me a bike every now and then, he doesn't bring any trouble, funnily enough, to my door, unlike the dealers at the other end.

Just after the filming stopped the dealer with the dog saw the guy in red off and was shouting at him.

With absolutely ZERO exaggeration, this heroin/spice dealer was complaining that the area was getting worse, I kid you not. Our local heroin dealer is complaining about the downturn in the neighbourhood.

Last year about halfway between here and Welly a man was stabbed to death over a drugs argument. Around the time the video was taken a new dealer moved in and within a week was lying on that cycle path you can see crossing the street to the far left, having been stabbed by guys who had come to tax him.

Just before Christmas I 'found' a semi-conscious 15 year old girl lying along that cycle path about 1am after a saturday night crying that she'd been spiked. I got her home safely.

You can walk along this street at 3.30 in the afternoon and you can watch blokes sat on the pavement openly dividing their score up on pieces of paper, mothers and children walking by.

I have started to slowly try to document the goings on here, but I have to be careful and subtle. People think I exaggerate. You can plainly hear their orders too, they shout it 100 yards down the street, "2 brown and 3 white", this crossroads is s hotspot for people just hanging around and cars parked across it, all hours of the night, dealing obviously.

I was beaten up by a gang of kids on this street about 9 months ago that left me on crutches for 2 weeks. So picture this, I'm lying on the street, in the middle of this junction, getting the life kicked, stamped and beaten out of me by 2 kids raining down on me. In this hails of fists and feet I manage to have the presence to get my phone out and dial 999, only to receive "You are on hold for the emergency services".

A neighbour was watching the entire assault unfold from her bedroom window; she too received "You are on hold for the emergency services". After I had ran for my life on a busted knee, I eventually got through, but because I had given them the slip by now and they were not in sight, I was told it was not an emergency.

All this may not be directly related, but since the City of Culture (2017) concentrated on the City Centre, we have all seen a MASSIVE drop in ALL areas outside the centre. Serious social commentators are calling this place the English Detroit and they're watching it happen live, and we are living it.

The Police are in general retreat, they are losing control. Hull has always had problems and bad areas, but all this is new and is less than 2 years old.

This is my local shop, on Beverley Road about 1/4 mile from the Welly.

It's along time since we've heard of buses refusing to go on estates! (2-3 miles from the main area in question and certainly NOT a student area, but indicative of the current trend downwards across the city.)

People are talking in terms of a sudden lurch to the bad old days of the 80s with large no go areas and entire run down streets and buses afraid to travel into certain areas.

There are potholes everywhere, there is more rubbish and fly tipping, and rats are out of control.

Newland Avenue:
Newland Avenue is the heart of student land, and also the heart of this local community. Students and old skool families live cheek by cheek in this area of Hull, a pretty unique blend, giving Newland Avenue a unique character, and safe day and night for decades. That has changed in less than 2 years. People are staying away from Newland Avenue during the day because of crime, muggings, street beggars, street drunks, spice addicts and random violence. At night the addition of more bars and later licenses is alienating residents and creating a Mini-Magaluf from 1am till 3am.

In very short time it has seen a real spike in crime.

The Piper Club is the other main student dive in this area, on Newland Avenue, not far from the end of Raglan Street. It's much more of a meat factory than Welly, they do things like Hawaiian night in November when people go in swimwear.

There is a lot of foot traffic along this small street (the one in the video); people pass both ways to and from Piper and Welly. We watch lasses walking into that park all alone all hours of the night.

Welly Club is right in the centre of this expanding 'ghetto' area.

Newland Avenue is beginning to suffer. The 'badness' is creeping up the streets on the East side of Newland Avenue, from Beverley Road.

The other side of Cottingham Road, north along Beverley Road, now to become Beverley High Road, around where Libby lived, around Beresford Avenue and Haworth are still largely untroubled by this spreading 'ghettoisation'. You are not 100% SAFE anywhere in this City, but you travel from 2nd world Russian/Brazilian style street safety where Welly is, to quite an affluent 1st world area once you get to the Haworth part of Beverley Road. Literally, a mile along Beverley Road is a world away!

A lot of this is subjective perception and anecdotal, but it is shared by a lot of people. Humberside Police are under a LOT of scrutiny at the moment. I think because of the upsetting nature, and out of respect for Libby and her family, there's been no real public criticism yet. But people are already afraid and angry BEFORE this Libby case by what they see as the crumbling of the very infrastructure around them and being left to deal with it alone. Me and my neighbours have joined together to share a CCTV DVR box across our two houses. We are at the moment gathering wood to put up more gates round the back and put extra height on our fences.

People here genuinely don't care whether Libby was from Hull, whether she liked Hull or took it to heart or not. There is genuine shock and concern, not just for Libby, but for everyone who lives here because we fundamental believe the Police cannot protect us.

Wednesdays at Welly is under 18s night. A lot of us know lots of people who go to Welly, I have friends who have teenage kids who go to Welly. Real old style communities may be a thing of the past, but everyone is worried about the future of this locale and the city and everyone is feeling it.

tldr: Hull has had this kind of thing coming for a couple of years...

Nothing to add other than to say ...

This epic post deserves a Websleuth award!

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members