GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Piney Woods her parents have stood behind MC with the mindset that she did nothing wrong which of course transferred right over to MC. Right after Conrad died they wanted to take her out of state to N.H. on vacation and then Disneyworld ( can't remember what order), graduation celebrations etc. Life was to continue for them as if nothing had happened.
I can not imagine what it is costing them for all this but sure it is big.
Then again who knows because her legal team as Steleheart are in this for the notoriety and being the ones to set some kind of precedent.

I do feel bad for her parents no matter what as they could not have seen this coming that I would think.
But if they stepped back and put MC in Conrad's shoes and vice versa I think they would look at it differently.

Michelle is going to prison not county jail but I do believe she will be in medium security or less and not the in with the real bad girls. Obviously she is being watched in the medical part where she will be isolated from others. As of late yesterday when I checked she still was not entered in the system and I will check more today.

As far as her looking mad of course she is as she never thought she would go to prison. The longer this went on which was way to long the more a prison sentence seemed like it would never happen. High caliber defense and she had 4 1/2 years free.

I also thought Judge Moniz was retiring right after he previously sentenced her but there he was yesterday and he should have never allowed her free during appeals. JMO

She's sentenced to the Bristol County House of Correction, Dartmouth -- Women's Center. Not going to prison -- good chance she will be out in less than a year. She can shave up to 10 days a month credit off her sentence with good behavior, jailhouse job, or therapy. Sounds like she took the therapy route to get credit.

What Michelle Carter can expect in Bristol County jail – Boston Herald

The 22-year-old Carter on Monday was taken into the women’s center at the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth, where she was due to spend the first night in the medical area, as is common for people doing time for the first time, said Jonathan Darling, spokesman for Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson.
[...]
In general population, Carter, in tan scrubs, will live in a cell setup like a college dorm room, sharing the space with one other inmate, Darling said. She’ll be allowed one visit a week by family or friends, but as many lawyer visits as she wants, he said.

Carter and the other roughly 100 women in the jail can choose between 15 TV channels in common areas.

All of the inmates can try to get credit for up to 10 days of good behavior a month by working in jailhouse jobs, entering therapy or doing work out in the community. Bristol County inmates have been sent to do activities such as painting churches. Those external jobs are for inmates who have behaved well and are near the end of their sentences, Darling said.

She looks defiant and mad in the video clip. It sounded like she recently started mental health therapy so I hope she is able to continue with it...she will,need it.
I think it's because she already got reject by The SJC earlier;

"And earlier Monday, the Massachusetts Supreme Court rejected Carter's emergency motion seeking to delay the sentence from being imposed."
Woman who encouraged boyfriend's suicide ordered to start sentence immediately

And this is the part I noticed most:

"But on Monday afternoon there were no tears, no plaintive, confused looks at her lawyer or her parents. Moniz had barely gotten the words “Miss Carter will now be taken into custody” out of his mouth before Carter rose of her own volition and headed for the door on the left side of the Taunton courtroom. A court officer grabbed her by the left elbow and steered her toward the door, on her way to jail."
Michelle Carter seemed to know she was going to jail - The Boston Globe

RSBM

She's sentenced to the Bristol County House of Correction, Dartmouth -- Women's Center. Not going to prison -- good chance she will be out in less than a year. She can shave up to 10 days a month credit off her sentence with good behavior, jailhouse job, or therapy. Sounds like she took the therapy route to get credit.

What Michelle Carter can expect in Bristol County jail – Boston Herald

Interesting facility the Woman's Center.

Bristol County Sheriff's Office

@Seattle1 you are correct and somehow I looked at something incorrect. Thanks for fixing me.

She can pretend it's camp but she will still be in there which is not what she is used to by a long shot and maybe she can benefit from some of the programs they offer seeing as she has taken the therapy ride.

The 15-month sentence is a portion of a 2 1/2 year jail term with the balance suspended with probation. She will be eligible for parole in about eight months, according to her lawyer.

Judge Lawrence Moniz, who convicted Carter in a jury-waived trial, rejected her lawyer’s appeal to extend the stay of her sentence pending an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The state’s Supreme Judicial Court, which last week unanimously upheld her conviction, rejected a stay in an emergency motion Monday morning.
Michelle Carter of Plainville sent to jail while her lawyer pursues appeal to U.S. Supreme Court

Michelle Carter of Plainville sent to jail while her lawyer pursues appeal to U.S. Supreme Court

This is a local paper here. I guess I had not heard about the book signing. Lol. Interesting.
Thanks for link. :p

Yeah, her attorney really stretching this verdict a violation of MC's free speech.

Can't have it both ways. If I was an author and MC emailed me that she was coming to my book signing, and really liked my book (about Architecture), it would violate my free speech if I couldn't tell her that I didn't want her attending my signings, ever.

Even if it's only 15 months, I hope they put her in prison asap. There's plenty of convicts sitting in cells waiting for their appeals to be heard, she should be no different. And Conrad and his family deserve justice.

And I usually don't post things like this but I really hope she gets the snot beat out of her in prison. Smug little b****.

Smug little bit ch! Is absolutely right!

I'd like to have seen her do 5 years with the baddest girls but I guess for little miss princess we're lucky she's going anywhere other than Disney ...

I hope she gets at least one good kicking in there but I actually think she'll just end up as somebody's girlfriend ...

Her parents are deluded and deserve a smack too ...

I bet she gets out of jail early for being ‘good’. If her attitude does not get in the way. She knows how to play the game. So far she has gotten away with a lot and really has no idea how lucky she is. She just expects it. IMO her parents have spoiled her, there are no rules for her, and money helps. We will hear of her again after she gets out. Not many just fade away.

I bet she gets out of jail early for being ‘good’. If her attitude does not get in the way. She knows how to play the game. So far she has gotten away with a lot and really has no idea how lucky she is. She just expects it. IMO her parents have spoiled her, there are no rules for her, and money helps. We will hear of her again after she gets out. Not many just fade away.
Oh definitely. Book deals & paid interviews galore.

Yes, this young woman has a screw loose but no, she doesn't belong in prison - it's like blaming a witch for the result of a spell, when spells really cause nothing to happen, nor did her words. The locale's right, though, ironic it's near Salem.

Yes, this young woman has a screw loose but no, she doesn't belong in prison - it's like blaming a witch for the result of a spell, when spells really cause nothing to happen, nor did her words. The locale's right, though, ironic it's near Salem.

I don't get this connection. Conrad is from Mattapoisett on the South Coast whereas Salem is over 90 miles away on the North Shore. It is not nearby.
I do not think there was any witchcraft or occult involved here.
Google Maps

JMO

Last edited:
I don't get this connection. Conrad is from Mattapoisett on the South Coast whereas Salem is over 90 miles away on the North Shore. It is not nearby.
I do not think there was any witchcraft or occult involved here.
Google Mapsm

JMO
My point is this: witchcraft is only words, occult mumbo-jumbo which in itself causes nothing to happen, much like Michelle Carter's texts - only words. Punishment for either is misconceived.

The incidents took place in the Greater Boston area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member