CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we want to know:

When exactly does LE think the murder of KB occurred?

What evidence did LE find at the Fs ranchette?

What evidence did LE find at KB’s townhome?

What evidence did LE find in PF’s truck?

Where and with whom did PF dine on Thanksgiving day?

When did KK arrive in CO?

Where and with whom did KK dine on Thanksgiving day?

How long was KK in CO? When did she arrive? When did she leave?

Did KK send the texts?

What motivated PF to murder KB?

What indications does LE have that KB’s remains might be in the landfill?

Where is Kelsey?

What was her manner of death?

Where was the baby when KB was murdered?

What did it say in the fake text sent from KBs phone to PFs phone?

How did PF get KB out of her duplex after the murder?

Have other witnesses come forward with evidence?

Did KK see KB's body at any time while in CO?

What evidence led LE to conclude that KB is dead?

What evidence (if any) was recovered at the Waste Management Facility?

What are PF's known movements on Nov. 22nd and Nov. 23rd?

How did KK travel to and from CO?

If via POV, to whom does the POV belong?

What exactly is the nature of the relationship between PF/KK?

Yup. Usually we can come up with a solid motive in crimes like this.

Not so here.

I’m not sure we’ll get any indication from the arrest affidavit though.

Hopefully we get one at some point.

The one thing that the Prosecutor DOESN'T have to do is to establish a motive. Under Colorado statute, if he caused her death and claims no mitigating circumstances that would reduce the charge, it's Murder in the First Degree. IMO

The one thing that the Prosecutor DOESN'T have to do is to establish a motive. Under Colorado statute, if he caused her death and claims no mitigating circumstances that would reduce the charge, it's Murder in the First Degree. IMO
Yes, intent is what matters, not motive.

But a jury likes to know the reason why, as do we.

It’s a question that we ask in every case, and we just don’t have a glaring one here.

As I ponder KK's friend quoting her about never seeing this kind of evil I'm more convinced than ever that PF cut up KB's body in order to hide it easily.

I'm also still convinced that KK helped clean up the condo and maybe even discarded some plastic bags on her trip back to Idaho. I would imagine she left that little tidbit out of her guilty plea. MOO
bbm

I would like to know EXACTLY WHEN KK told M that. Was it before KB was murdered or after? Why don't journalists ask these questions? It makes a difference. IMO

I doubt it very much. That would be a very foolish thing for her to do. IMO, she is going to be put through the wringer with the defense attorney. I would hope that she is smart enough not to give the defense any extra ammunition.

Welcome to Websleuths, Synergizer Bunny !!

Is it possible that KK was present while KB was murdered ?
Does KK have an alibi for the exact day and time that KB was murdered ?

I wondered this b/c she (KK) seems to "fear" PF ; I realize it seems phony --- but she almost comes across as being more afraid if he walks.
What does he have on her ? Anything ? (speculating here)

Or is it possible that prosecutors took that specific question off the table to compel KK to 'talk' ? (Which would mean we'll never know if she was present while KB was killed. :( At least we know she was in town around that time.)

And some other thoughts that I will post later as this case continues.

There were so many missed opportunities in that interview.

It’s frustrating.

Ha, well, one "opportunity" I (gladly) missed out on in that interview was that of watching it.

I have no interest in listening to KK's, I'm sorry, that would be, the BFF's version of events.

I'm just not that into fictional accounts, so there's that.

Great post! This is exactly my take on PF, too.

He's very emotionally manipulative.

People like PF use their emotional reactions to control other people around them, i.e., let's all tiptoe around PF and make sure he's happy, because when he's not, everybody's going to be sorry. I'm thinking that when he doesn't get exactly what he wants in any given situation, he sulks, pouts and tantrums like a 5-yr-old.

He's like Herman Munser's evil twin. Right down to the matching haircut.

JMO
Another good post.

That could very well be his personality, and some people, parents, spouses, girl- or boy- friends put up with it -- or leave. Often it is abused spouses and children who bear the brunt of the person's rage if the tip-toeing spell is broken. Scary, and sometimes ending in someone's serious injury or death. We see it here, more often than we'd like. What a horrible situation to wake-up to every morning, but it is surely out there in more households than we know.

KK did live 800 miles away from KB and possibly never saw or met her. possible that all she knew about KB was sourced from PF who might have said some very derogatory things. in reality, KB had zero impact on KK's daily life, but KB and the baby were in PF's life daily. So, IMO, PF had about 98% more motive. (still do not understand why his life was to be "improved" by her death, but I am not PF)
A lot of guys in these relationships just don't want the perceived threat to their freedom and image. They of course don't want anyone else to have a life without them that couldn't possibly work. The easiest answer becomes the annihilation of the mother and usually child or children.

Last edited:
BBM. Let's hope that evidence is strong! One strong point the defense will raise is about the Sonic evidence: Why did KK go to Woodland Park if all she did was move the phone? KK placed herself near the crime scene and there is evidence to prove it. I think the jury is going to be furious with KK and her sweet deal.

JMO

I wasn't on this thread when the Sonic story came up and I understand it was pulled from the site that ran it. Do you guys think the story was reliable? What, exactly, did it say - I mean like did someone at Sonic claim it was KK in the drive through? All I saw was a screen shot of the top of the car which didn't mean anything. *IF* she was there and it's in Woodland Park then it was close to Kelsey's place? How close? Again, *IF* this turns out to be true, then holy crap.

Ha, well, one "opportunity" I (gladly) missed out on in that interview was that of watching it.

I have no interest in listening to KK's, I'm sorry, that would be, the BFF's version of events.

I'm just not that into fictional accounts, so there's that.
Yes, but the beauty of her going on television with her nonsense, is that it provides an opportunity to call her out on it; to destroy her ridiculous narrative.

Instead, she was able to push her work of fiction on unsuspecting people who don’t know enough about this case to realize that it is fiction in the first place.

Fortunately, the facts will shine a different light on this “fear cop-out.”

Yes, intent is what matters, not motive.

But a jury likes to know the reason why, as do we.

It’s a question that we ask in every case, and we just don’t have a glaring one here.

I think I'm going to write a synopsis of what I think happened here and what may have set KB up for this tragedy. What a vipers nest she found herself in.

I'll print it out, tuck it away for a while, and when this goes to trial I'm going to take it out and start checking off what I got right and wrong.

I think that would be a worthwhile exercise.

edit: changed wording from "fun" to "worthwhile" as there really is nothing funny about any of this :(

Last edited:
What we want to know:

Did KK send the texts?

Where is Kelsey?

What was her manner of death?

Where was the baby when KB was murdered?

What did it say in the fake text sent from KBs phone to PFs phone?

How did PF get KB out of her duplex after the murder?

Have other witnesses come forward with evidence?

Did KK see KB's body at any time while in CO?

What evidence led LE to conclude that KB is dead?

What evidence (if any) was recovered at the Waste Management Facility?

What are PF's known movements on Nov. 22nd and Nov. 23rd?

How did KK travel to and from CO?

If via POV, to whom does the POV belong?

What exactly is the nature of the relationship between PF/KK?

Why did KK say she thought PF May have murdered before ?

I am starting the "What We Want To Know" list. Please add the things that you want to know.

What we want to know:

Did KK send the texts?

Where was baby K when alleged murder took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23