The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

It's very simple. They don't believe in preventing.
They have that right.

It's not addiction.
It's not hoarding.

It's how THEY live THEIR lives.

I've watched so many episodes online now, that I've gotten a better feel for the family. My 6 yr old daughter loves watching the Duggers, and I think it's great for her to see how different people live.

I'm not so sure at this point that the pg's are simply about not believing in preventing pg.
I get the impression that they are purposely trying to have more babies, and that's where things get a bit muddy for me. Surely at this age she knows her fertile times, and if they are intimate during those times, they have to know that they are choosing to create a new life. That's very different from not preventing a pregnancy, IMO.

I watched the episodes of Josie being born last night, and it was beautiful to see how much those kids cared about their tiny new sibling...seeing their reaction to how tiny she was, it was obvious that even the younger ones realised it was very serious.
Josie only made it to 24-25 wks in the womb. Little Jubilee didn't make it to 20 wks.
This is just my opinion here, but if their reason for not preventing pg was because of a miscarriage after taking the pill, then why don't they see this as a sign from God that maybe it's time to stop and focus on the 19 blessings they have?

JMO

Add to that they also don't test for genetic abnormalities and at her age risk of abnormalities goes up. If the latest baby she carried had chromosomal abnormalities that could have led to her miscarriage. But apparently miscarriage that they attribute to birth control was a sign, while the latest one was not. Go figure.

Add to that they also don't test for genetic abnormalities and at her age risk of abnormalities goes up. If the latest baby she carried had chromosomal abnormalities that could have led to her miscarriage. But apparently miscarriage that they attribute to birth control was a sign, while the latest one was not. Go figure.

In Re: testing and "older" moms

I had a miscarriage at age 38, had a healthy girl at 39. I got the AFP blood test during that particular pregnancy. The doctor called me at home and said, "I've got some really bad news for you. I"ve never seen numbers this high....your baby has a 1-in-10 chance of being born with Down Syndrome." When I could find my voice, I said, "But doesn't that mean there's a 9 in 10 chance that the baby won't have it?", to which the dr. replied, "I have never seen numbers this bad. I have to tell you this, in the event you would wish to terminate the pregnancy."

Luckily, I didn't. My daughter was born perfectly healthy, and is a straight-A student.

But if she'd been born with any type of limitation, we would have all embraced her, and loved her, just the same. Termination was not an option for me, thank God.

Just saying....some of those tests can be wrong. (With my last pregnancy, at age 41, I didn't do any testing. I'd learned my lesson the last time.)

......'19 Kids and Counting' Gets Stranger, Sadder

..We're not saying the miscarriage shouldn't be dealt with or that the hope leading to fallout shouldn't be shown, but it probably shouldn't factor into the season as some kind of narrative surprise. We like to be horrified by 19 Kids and Counting, but not like that. The show is a fun jaw-dropper when a courting ritual begins (oh, god it's creepy) or they visit another Quiverfull family (also creepy, also a potential for courting), but an eventual miscarriage treated something like a suspense thriller feels like a vast overstep on the producers' part. Something so serious deserves proper treatment, a well-considered setting and context, and simply slyly mixing it in with the typical meat of the series, with all its 4-H freakshow vibe, is certainly not anything close to that.

http://news.yahoo.com/19-kids-counting-gets-stranger-sadder-154242696.html

she is addicted to having babies as whitney houston was to drugs.

i will not be surprised if and when she dies during childbirth.

Well, if that happens, Jim Bob will have nine wives to choose from.

Is it true that since Mr Duggar was once a state senator, the state (i.e.: tax payers) pays their healthcare for life?

If so... I'm off the Duggar bandwagon. My whole thing is: as long as they are not living off of the taxpayers back, then by all means, let them live how they want. But having kid after kid and making the state pay for it... naw, I don't play that.

I understand it's their life and that is how they want to do things, but for me there is the issue of Michelle losing her life and all those children losing their mom. Those children need their mom.

Another grandbaby is on the way. Jill is pregnant.

403ed49d5590e7f3262dce2348455cb7.jpg

https://facebook.com/19KidsandCounting?_rdr

All posts are MOO

So sick of my news feed costantly spitting out the Duggers. I don't give a d*MN about about which one is knocked up, which one dares to wear jeans blah,blah,blah.
There are far more pressing matters in the world, (overpopulation, healthcare, climate change, war, terrorism, child trafficking).
MOO.

So sick of my news feed costantly spitting out the Duggers. I don't give a d*MN about about which one is knocked up, which one dares to wear jeans blah,blah,blah.
There are far more pressing matters in the world, (overpopulation, healthcare, climate change, war, terrorism, child trafficking).
MOO.

I am so sick of all of those people. Seems like they are just all competing to see who can have the most kids. It seems to be a contest with them.

I am so sick of all of those people. Seems like they are just all competing to see who can have the most kids. It seems to be a contest with them.
ITA. Also they don't care that one of them is a child molester, and should not only be in prison,but never be allowed anywhere near children,much less be allowed to have children. It's disgusting.

ITA. Also they don't care that one of them is a child molester, and should not only be in prison,but never be allowed anywhere near children,much less be allowed to have children. It's disgusting.

I completely agree. Josh is one sick SOB but for some reason that crazy wife of his keeps on having more and more kids with that freak.

Is it true that since Mr Duggar was once a state senator, the state (i.e.: tax payers) pays their healthcare for life?

If so... I'm off the Duggar bandwagon. My whole thing is: as long as they are not living off of the taxpayers back, then by all means, let them live how they want. But having kid after kid and making the state pay for it... naw, I don't play that.

I was behind them in the Grocery back in the early 90's it they lived in a tiny house in the blueberry subdivision in Johnson next to my best friend they only had maybe 12 kids at that time I don't remember but what I DO remember was their 4 carts I was behind AND the food stamps they used , I'm not a remotely conservative and I do tend to really lean left but this was really making me MAD , and I believe she was pregnant at the time I did not find it a bit AMUSING at all!!!! it was before they had any TV deals ! and the grandfather Duggar was a real estate salesman at the time not a senator ( which I didn't know about)

I completely agree. Josh is one sick SOB but for some reason that crazy wife of his keeps on having more and more kids with that freak.
Exactly. What makes her think she's so special,and that her children are immune to his perversions?
She's just as perverted as him. She's providing him with as many victims as she can pop out.
You can count on that.
Child protective services should be on this family like white on rice.
Moo

I was behind them in the Grocery back in the early 90's it they lived in a tiny house in the blueberry subdivision in Johnson next to my best friend they only had maybe 12 kids at that time I don't remember but what I DO remember was their 4 carts I was behind AND the food stamps they used , I'm not a remotely conservative and I do tend to really lean left but this was really making me MAD , and I believe she was pregnant at the time I did not find it a bit AMUSING at all!!!! it was before they had any TV deals ! and the grandfather Duggar was a real estate salesman at the time not a senator ( which I didn't know about)
It ain't me, it ain't me......

My daughter just loves "Counting On" and she records all the episodes on our dvr. Well last night she was watching one of the episodes and yet another one of them was pregnant yet AGAIN. I guess I just don't get the facination with trying to have as many children as possible. It seems to me all them are trying to compete with their brothers and sister to see who can have the most kids. I'm an only child and I always prayed to God for a brother or sister but I would have hated to be a part of that huge huge huge strange family. I sure as heck wouldn't have worn skirts my entire life.

My daughter just loves "Counting On" and she records all the episodes on our dvr. Well last night she was watching one of the episodes and yet another one of them was pregnant yet AGAIN. I guess I just don't get the facination with trying to have as many children as possible. It seems to me all them are trying to compete with their brothers and sister to see who can have the most kids. I'm an only child and I always prayed to God for a brother or sister but I would have hated to be a part of that huge huge huge strange family. I sure as heck wouldn't have worn skirts my entire life.
After learning about the misogynistic Quiverfull cult and how they blame girls/women for pretty much every sin a man commits and even for "causing" boys/men to have impure thoughts about girls/women I'm disgusted. Like wearing "immodest" clothing, showing their legs, midriff or arms, wearing their hair in any way other than long and flowing, flirting, etc.. I have zero tolerance/use for any of them.

In the Quiverfull "teaching" literature if a girl is sexually assaulted the first thing that must be determined is if she is to blame. Did she "lead" him on? No? Then was she unconsiously immodest? No? Then okay, what she has to do is "forgive" the boy/man for assaulting her. To name a few absolutes:

Rape is the woman's fault.
Abuse is the will of God.
Wives must obey their husbands.
Girls must "keep pure" or no man will want them.

Yeah, our world really needs a "quiver full" of asshats like Bill Gothard and Josh Duggar. Not. Bah.

Last edited:
I remember Michelle from school we were on opposing drill teams , and she literally mowed the lawn at her parents house with a bikini on for a tan , the skirt thing puzzles the heck outta me , not sure when they turned to Pentecostal dressing , she seemed to be a normal teen .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back