GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link posted above

Flores later revealed more about her visit during a sit down with Inside Edition, saying her sister finds herself a target in jail.

“She’s says she's had death threats,” Flores said. “She was crying. You could hear them scream at her, calling her names.”

Flores added that Louise never asked about her children once during the visit.

“It shocked me she didn’t [ask],” Flores said.

Boooooo hooooooo. Jmo.

From the link posted above

Flores later revealed more about her visit during a sit down with Inside Edition, saying her sister finds herself a target in jail.

“She’s says she's had death threats,” Flores said. “She was crying. You could hear them scream at her, calling her names.”

Flores added that Louise never asked about her children once during the visit.

“It shocked me she didn’t [ask],” Flores said.

Boooooo hooooooo. Jmo.

BBM. Really?? It shocked her that Louise didn't ask about the kids she starved and tortured for years? SMH the whole family seems delusional imo.

I followed this case very thoroughly and my original web sleuths account I got locked out of. Whoops.
But here's what shocked me.
She said "I love you" and cried to her nephew (according to the Inside Edition from yesterday with her sister).
But yet she couldn't ask how her own children were doing? Let alone tell them she loved them after years of torture. Sickening.

California torture house: Adult kids aren't bitter after alleged abuse

"They came from a situation that seemed normal to them. And now, they're in a new normal," said the attorney for the adult children.
From the same link:
The six younger children are in the custody of the county, but do get to see their older brothers and sisters.

"The older children are extremely protective of the younger ones," Osborn said. "So, when they do have time together, there's a lot of nurturing. There is a lot of reassuring."

California torture house: Adult kids aren't bitter after alleged abuse

"They came from a situation that seemed normal to them. And now, they're in a new normal," said the attorney for the adult children.

Wow - too bad it's not mutual (from LT, anyway).
  • "They do worry about their parents, and I think at times they do miss their parents," said [JO], who is representing the seven adult children. "They're not bitter. They really take every day as it is, as a gift.
This really warms my heart.
  • The six younger children are in the custody of the county, but do get to see their older brothers and sisters. "The older children are extremely protective of the younger ones," Osborn said. "So, when they do have time together, there's a lot of nurturing. There is a lot of reassuring.
www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-torture-house-adult-turpin-children-aren-t-bitter-after-n959216

Photos of soiled underwear and children being chained will be used against House of Horrors parents | Daily Mail Online

I know it the Daily Fail, but, it is a report. Most of us figured this out already that pictures taken of inside the house (IMO not a home) and the children dirty and in wrist chains will be used at trial.

Repeated reports and comments by lawyers as to the children.

Turpin abuse case: Attorney plans to request that trial be moved out of Riverside County
Next hearing is Feb 22 fortrial readiness
Sept 3 is supposed to be trial date, 2 years after children were rescued

Thanks! I'm getting tired of seeing LT's sister but will have to find the full episode.

I find it interesting that she says LT has lost a lot of weight, and is "unhealthy thin". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Your dear sister (whom you've forgiven) starved, tortured and abused her children. Who cares if she isn't eating right in jail!

And since she is able to judge what is "unhealthy thin", why wasn't she sounding the alarm over her truly unhealthy thin nieces and nephews?!? Grrr.

Thanks! I'm getting tired of seeing LT's sister but will have to find the full episode.

I find it interesting that she says LT has lost a lot of weight, and is "unhealthy thin". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Your dear sister (whom you've forgiven) starved, tortured and abused her children. Who cares if she isn't eating right in jail!

And since she is able to judge what is "unhealthy thin", why wasn't she sounding the alarm over her truly unhealthy thin nieces and nephews?!? Grrr.

I think the woman is an attention *advertiser censored*. But she couldn't have sounded an alarm over how the kids looked when she wasn't around them and didn't see them. Even that's too much to ask of someone, right? Or am I remembering it wrong that it had been many years since she'd seen them?

BBM. Really?? It shocked her that Louise didn't ask about the kids she starved and tortured for years? SMH the whole family seems delusional imo.

No "Hedda Nussbaum" defense. No, "I was too scared and abused by my husband to get help.". I want women who follow orders from men to be held accountable for their actions. Same as Nazi war criminals could not use the same defense. She knew right from wrong, and allowed her children to be abused.

I think the woman is an attention *advertiser censored*. But she couldn't have sounded an alarm over how the kids looked when she wasn't around them and didn't see them. Even that's too much to ask of someone, right? Or am I remembering it wrong that it had been many years since she'd seen them?

I agree that she hadn't seen them in recent years (I believe she said LT stopped showing the kids on Skype) but I'm confident they were showing signs of malnutrition and abuse for a long time. This didn't happen overnight, and the eldest is in her late 20s now.

I hate that she gets to profit off this horror.

Friday, February 22nd:
*Trial Readiness Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018, Perris) - *David Allen Turpin (57) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 8 counts of perjury for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a fulltime education in a private day school. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
*Louise Ann Turpin (49) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment, 1 count of felony assault. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
6/21/18 Update: Judge dismisses 1 count of child abuse/endangerment against D & L for 2 yr. old, & accepted all other charges. Next post prelim arraignment hearing for 8/3.
8/3/18 Update: Children request their birth certs, IDS & a camera that was taken away from home to be returned to them. Judge grants requests. Defense asks for postponement for this hearing. Re-scheduled for August 31.
8/31/18 Update: A demur has been filed for David in regards to the perjury charges against him. The judge has determined the perjury charges can remain. Cites children's lack of education as related to other charges such as child abuse charges. Perjury charges stem from David falsely claiming he was homeschooling children. Both Turpins have entered not guilty pleas to all counts now. Will return to court on Friday October 5th for a trial readiness conference. Medical documents have also been subpoenaed from clinics that examined children. Hearing has ended.with the trial possibly starting within 60 days afterward.
10/5/18 Update: Judge denies the defense request to have LT diverted to mental-health court, she could have been treated for 2 years & the charges against her in the Perris torture case dropped. Claiming "Histrionic Personality Disorder". Financial records from Fidelity released to prosecution. And the prosecution requested the release of David Turpin’s work laptop back to Northrop Grumman. They have copied it & the company wants it back. A trial readiness hearing has been set for Nov. 30th.
11/30/18 Update: Motions hearing scheduled for week of 8/12/19, trial set to begin 9/3/19.
12/21/18 Update: Trial Readiness hearing scheduled for 2/22/19. Defense will file motion for Change of Venue out of Riverside County. Motion will be heard with other motions on 8/12/19. Motion hearing on 6/7/19.

RIVERSIDE, Calif.- - David and Louise Turpin have accepted a plea deal and will not go to trial, according to ABC7's Leticia Juarez. The Turpins are accused of imprisoning, starving, and torturing 12 of their 13 children in their Perris home.

The possible max sentence which they could receive is life in prison. The Turpins pleaded guilty to 14 counts each. Sentencing is set for April 15.

RIVERSIDE, Calif.- - David and Louise Turpin have accepted a plea deal and will not go to trial, according to ABC7's Leticia Juarez. The Turpins are accused of imprisoning, starving, and torturing 12 of their 13 children in their Perris home.

The possible max sentence which they could receive is life in prison. The Turpins pleaded guilty to 14 counts each. Sentencing is set for April 15.
Good. Now the 13 can truly get on with their lives.

Interesting. I wonder if there was something else that they knew was going to come out at trial that they didn't want to come out. That would make some sense, considering at one point DT alluded to more stuff, if I recall. I suspect eventually more stuff will come out anyway, but this seems like a form of damage control, knowing that they don't think they can win their case.

Whoops I thought I had the link in here, sorry about that.

WATCH LIVE: DA Hestrin holds news conference after Turpin plea deal

The live stream is not available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members