Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get the discussion off track on the hat again, but... I’ve noticed a lot of guys who wear baseball caps n the regular way (bill forward) squeeze the sides of the bill in. Picture making a flat-bill cap curved - except a lot of guys prefer that extreme curve for some reason - and I mean older guys. Sometimes I think it may kind of be one of those “tinkering habits” some people have, where they always have to be messing with something, and guys who wear baseball hats all the time might end up focusing that kind of behavior on the hat. Anyway, that’s how it appears to me - a regular hat worn in the regular position, but somewhat malformed from constantly doing this.

Yes I wear baseball style caps and I do that with the bill. It helps shade the sun better when bent.

I dont want to derail the thread either but I just had to go looking for a certain hat that I was wondering about that could cause that very obvious dent we see in the top of his head.

They make a soft hat with a small brim like the attachment and the sides can button up to the side and that would cause a dent in the top. So I have wondered if it was something like this photo but with the sides buttoned up.

That dent on the top has bugged me more than anything. LOL

Conner - Yellowstone Hiker Bucket Hat

Hi. I'm in London, UK, and was following this case avidly until last April but then our daughter, 22, only child, died suddenly from SADS so forgot about it. Had more pressing things on my mind basically! Remembered it today though whilst following the Libby Squire thread and saw a banner at the top about the press conference. Am so sorry there's been no conclusion yet. After losing our daughter I feel so sorry for the girls' parents. Those poor young girls. Not one but two. One would be bad enough.

Something from Toby Lazeenby caught my attention and seems quite significant."This was solely isolated to those individuals invloved" Why say that? Do they think both or one was targeted or they did something to annoy him that day to make him do what he did? If I lived there I'd be looking over my shoulder even as a man and especially as a female. Why did he think the community had no need to be afraid? I've always wondered if one or both girls knew this man and if they were targeted and followed. Does anyone know if they ruled that out ever? Am sure I remember reading that the police looked in to both families and they'd want to see if they had any enemies. Think all that's probably routine anyway. Do most posters here think this was just an opportunist crime then?

I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

I agree - Laezenby's "this was solely isolated "<snipped for brevity> statement struck me as odd, too.

Sure wish we had more information!

Last edited:
I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

I agree - the "this was solely isolated "<snipped for brevity> statement struck me as odd, too.

Sure wish we had more information!

Thanks for your kind words. Yes it seems an odd thing to say but quite significant. Sounds like they'd an idea he wouldn't strike again but how could they know that. Something at the crime scene?

Thanks for your kind words. Yes it seems an odd thing to say but quite significant. Sounds like they'd an idea he wouldn't strike again but how could they know that. Something at the crime scene?

You are quite welcome.

Yes, possibly something at the crime scene may have suggested this.

heartgoesout said:
"This was solely isolated to these individuals involved. There was no factual information to believe we were dealing with an ongoing situation with someone out there in the community. I still feel the community is safe." Tobe Lezenby

Maybe they never thought the sketch was accurate...

This was so confusing to me also, how can there not be a threat to the community unless they really feel this was targeted at the girls or their family somehow. Someone generally doesn't go in to woods and kill two girls and never harm anyone again. Even if the perp doesn't hurt anyone again, LE has not way of really knowing that?

He has a connection to Delphi, he grew up in the surrounding towns.. Carroll County has three high schools outside of Delphi. I would imagine he played sports during high school, the teams complete against other schools.. Has LE has looked into high school alumni's from outside delphi.

Sheriff Tobe Leazenby has a good reason for his comment: This was solely isolated to these individuals involved. There was no factual information to believe we were dealing with an ongoing situation with someone out there in the community. I still feel the community is safe.

So is there additional information on Libby's phone recording to suggest the murderer knew of one or both girls? This was solely isolated to these individuals involved. That is a very interesting statement.

To me that DOES mean there is more and maybe what he said to them suggested that he knew them and wanted them or one of them out of the way for some reason.

To me that DOES mean there is more and maybe what he said to them suggested that he knew them and wanted them or one of them out of the way for some reason.

Sounds like that could be it, yes. Chilling if he did know one or both of them. They probably don't want to release any more thinking it may compromise any court case. Maybe he calls one by her name. Were they followed or did he chance upon them? Weren't they dropped off by car? I think so.

Dear Jackielee09,

Here is a link to the official video from a roadshow discussion between two Indiana State Police officers. The video is timestamped with the date of 3.5.2017.

At the 8:05 time mark in the video, one Officer states "We have more video, we have more audio. But it is specific to this investigation and that is why it's not being released at this time."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87n-DeWJCU4&ved=2ahUKEwjxx4ni0OTfAhUFYKwKHVK4DecQjjgwAHoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3XZTw1Ym7C3BevFR2RWOXt
Thank you for posting this zen.
(posting the video for easy viewing)

Hi. I'm in London, UK, and was following this case avidly until last April but then our daughter, 22, only child, died suddenly from SADS so forgot about it. Had more pressing things on my mind basically! Remembered it today though whilst following the Libby Squire thread and saw a banner at the top about the press conference. Am so sorry there's been no conclusion yet. After losing our daughter I feel so sorry for the girls' parents. Those poor young girls. Not one but two. One would be bad enough.

Something from Toby Lazeenby caught my attention and seems quite significant."This was solely isolated to those individuals invloved" Why say that? Do they think both or one was targeted or they did something to annoy him that day to make him do what he did? If I lived there I'd be looking over my shoulder even as a man and especially as a female. Why did he think the community had no need to be afraid? I've always wondered if one or both girls knew this man and if they were targeted and followed. Does anyone know if they ruled that out ever? Am sure I remember reading that the police looked in to both families and they'd want to see if they had any enemies. Think all that's probably routine anyway. Do most posters here think this was just an opportunist crime then?
I'm sorry the loss of your only child. I hope time can begins to heal your heart. Raising more public awareness to SADS and
how it can affect young people, training physician's to diagnose and treat SADS conditions is needed.

Guys from the south do this to their hats. Flat bills hats look ridiculous. When guys from the South get a new hat they curve the bill and put a rubber band on the bill to get it to stay that way. Break it in. It's not older guys either. I and everyone I know stared doing that at age 10.

Not to get the discussion off track on the hat again, but... I’ve noticed a lot of guys who wear baseball caps n the regular way (bill forward) squeeze the sides of the bill in. Picture making a flat-bill cap curved - except a lot of guys prefer that extreme curve for some reason - and I mean older guys. Sometimes I think it may kind of be one of those “tinkering habits” some people have, where they always have to be messing with something, and guys who wear baseball hats all the time might end up focusing that kind of behavior on the hat. Anyway, that’s how it appears to me - a regular hat worn in the regular position, but somewhat malformed from constantly doing this.

Quick question ... would it really compromise the conviction process much if the public were given access to more of what was recorded by phone?

I go back on forth on what else can possibly be recorded of him that wouldn't help to distribute among the public in hopes of more tips. Could he possibly have only said, "down the hill?" and that's all of him that's recorded?

Re: speculation above that he says their name, again I ask, why not release that recording if they had it?

In my opinion, if he did know their names, they obviously didn't recognize him as they never referred to him as a known or recognized individual (source)

That’s a thought. Remember how after months of everyone looking at the hat LE said, “Disregard the hat.”

In my opinion only. I am wondering if police said "disregard the hat" is because it fell off of the BG as he left the scene -maybe landing in a puddle/water - reason for minimal dna (saving it). Or waiting for voice recognition technology results (not sure how long or what is involved in this) from the recording. The investigators know a whole lot more than we think.

Sorry for Your loss. I wonder if it was not a sexual assault? I can’t remember if they said otherwise. Meaning no other children at risk. Because a different motive.

Guys from the south do this to their hats. Flat bills hats look ridiculous. When guys from the South get a new hat they curve the bill and put a rubber band on the bill to get it to stay that way. Break it in. It's not older guys either. I and everyone I know stared doing that at age 10.
Thanks for this information. Interesting how the killer's sketch is showing him wearing altogether a different style hat.
I notice recently the grainy snapshot the hat was instead a baseball hat.

We'll never be at peace or get over losing our only child so suddenly at just 22 after she'd just graduated but thanks anyway.

I get it sadly I'm there too, I'm OK for the most part but never totally... there really aren't any right words to say , you just deal and get thru the day xoxo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin