OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure. Asking for help connecting the guns to the movie. IMO, the Ws chose their own, to replicate the movie as closely as possible. Others thoughts?

"Beretta 92FS. Connor (Sean Patrick Flanery) and Murphy (Norman Reedus) McManus use pairs of suppressed Beretta 92FS pistols..."

I can't believe there's actually an Internet movie firearms database.
Link warning, this site seems to like you to do surveys, has pop-up junk, so this info is just culled from the Google hit.

Boondock Saints, The - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

It appears something happened/was discovered in April 2017 to shift LE's focus to the W4's. We don't really know exactly what that was.
Late April/May 2017, was when the increased LE interviews with the W4's and search warrants on their properties started.
Wasn't it right around the one year anniversary that LE put the tracker on JM'S truck? Who knows what other trackers around that same timeframe were placed where to follow who.

JMO, I believe Hanna found out about Jake and his family forge the child custody papers, and she was going to the law with the information, this would have got a lot of his family members in trouble and of jail time!
This could be a possibility. The W's lawyer is on record saying that an agreement had been amicably reached before the murders but was never filed. HR moves herself and daughter to a new home away from the illegal grows activity one month before the murders. It's possible she found out about fake custody papers, said something and W's told her yeah go ahead call the cops, they'll find the pot grows and you and your family will be in trouble. Now at the new home she certainly could have called cops. It might have been a leave me alone about signing my daughter away, now I can get you in trouble. All this just theoretical.

Off topic yall, but its weighing heavily on my heart I'm sorry. My dog has been losing weight like crazy the past mo th and getting progressively worse. I brought him to the vet on Monday and he is diabetic. He wont eat anything now and is throwing up and having seizures. I have to bring him back tomorrow for a checkup. My soul is crushed, he has been my best friend since 2006. Jesus please help us.
I'm so sorry. Have you tried to calm her tummy with some ginger? It's safe for dogs and can help with with the stomach and digestive tract. Maybe then she could manage to eat something? Poor baby.

O/T Have you tried tequila? You have to get the pure kind. Jose Quervo and a couple of others are pure. Tequila will lower blood sugar in a hour and keep it regulated 24 hours if you take it morning and night. 3OZ in the morning and 3 oz before bed. Probably less for a dog though.

One of my clients is a doctor specializing in diabetes and told me he prescribes it for patients. At the very least he said it won't hurt them. He said he has had excellent results with it.
Wow a shot is 1.5 oz, so two shots of tequila in the morning and two at night? The two at night are no problem but if I drank two shots in the morning I'd be too fierce for the day! lol

This is why the more that I think about this and the more that comes to light, it all seems more juvenile, than sophisticated. There's something un-sophisticated about their thinking. In the movies, things always work out for the leading men/women. I don't think they factored in real life. It's very odd.
I agree.

Off topic yall, but its weighing heavily on my heart I'm sorry. My dog has been losing weight like crazy the past mo th and getting progressively worse. I brought him to the vet on Monday and he is diabetic. He wont eat anything now and is throwing up and having seizures. I have to bring him back tomorrow for a checkup. My soul is crushed, he has been my best friend since 2006. Jesus please help us.

Send prayers, friend.

This could be a possibility. The W's lawyer is on record saying that an agreement had been amicably reached before the murders but was never filed. HR moves herself and daughter to a new home away from the illegal grows activity one month before the murders. It's possible she found out about fake custody papers, said something and W's told her yeah go ahead call the cops, they'll find the pot grows and you and your family will be in trouble. Now at the new home she certainly could have called cops. It might have been a leave me alone about signing my daughter away, now I can get you in trouble. All this just theoretical.
I think she told Jake she was done with him and never coming back. He couldn't stand to lose control of her and his rage built toward her and everyone protecting her i.e. her family. I think there were more deaths planned than the 8. Kendra R comes to mind as does Lenny and his wife. James also. In fact I think that is why Jake texted him that night. They wanted to know if he was home. I have came to the conclusion that if they would have had time James and his family would have been gone too.

JMO

Wow a shot is 1.5 oz, so two shots of tequila in the morning and two at night? The two at night are no problem but if I drank two shots in the morning I'd be too fierce for the day! lol
I think just the one would do me too. But he said he has had great results with his patients that follow it. But of course anyone trying it should ask their Dr before trying it. But Tequila has no sugar. A pastor told me he put his children on agave which you can buy from Walmart and is the main ingredient in tequila. He said he puts it on their food. He said they are now off their diabetes medications and doing great.

The GW4 fake docs that I was referring to are Charge #3 in the indictment.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/h4d30sw3k6ncl14/images/2-80db7b5624.jpg
I wonder if these are the forms they forged. Without any documents, it appears in the state of OH Jake legally had no rights in place. Getting the docs "notarized" but not filing them could allow them to say "we were in the process, and here is proof".

http://www.seols.org/wp-content/upl...parenting-time-parentage-fillable-packet2.pdf

https://www.lascinti.org/wp-content/uploads/Unmarried-Fathers.pdf

Also interesting: (maybe it was a paternity affidavit that was forged???)
How Can I Establish Paternity?
If you have not taken any of the steps below to establish paternity, you may not be your child’s legal father, even though you are named as the father
on the birth certificate. There are several ways to establish paternity:

A relative said he wanted to be granted parental rights and HR said no. So there could be parental rights issues playing into this as well as custody.

Edward “Jake” Wagner, one of the suspects in the 2016 mass murder of Hanna May Rhoden and her family, broke up with her while trying to raise a young daughter together, according to details in a WLWT report. An unnamed Rhoden family member told the outlet that in the weeks before the killings, this man attempted to get Hanna to grant him parental rights to their daughter, but she said no.

Last edited:
So sorry for your sadness and sending my prayers your way

O/T Have you tried tequila? You have to get the pure kind. Jose Quervo and a couple of others are pure. Tequila will lower blood sugar in a hour and keep it regulated 24 hours if you take it morning and night. 3OZ in the morning and 3 oz before bed. Probably less for a dog though.

One of my clients is a doctor specializing in diabetes and told me he prescribes it for patients. At the very least he said it won't hurt them. He said he has had excellent results with it.
Good to know raisinisback!

So sorry to hear this, JAB. Will be thinking of you and him. ((Prayers and hugs being sent))

I think she told Jake she was done with him and never coming back. He couldn't stand to lose control of her and his rage built toward her and everyone protecting her i.e. her family. I think there were more deaths planned than the 8. Kendra R comes to mind as does Lenny and his wife. James also. In fact I think that is why Jake texted him that night. They wanted to know if he was home. I have came to the conclusion that if they would have had time James and his family would have been gone too.

JMO
Wow I never even consider that as a possible reason for that txt LM said the BCI guys told him about. It's just chilling to think that could have been why it was sent.

JMO

KR2 said in an interview that
she was going to stay over night with HR but changed plans that night.

DS said in an interview that he was going to stay over night with KR but changed his plans that night.

The grandfather of HG said MG, HG's older sister, was going to stay overnight with her but for some reason turned her car around and went back home.

So yes there very well could have been other victims ---unless the Wags were monitoring the homes so closely that they knew these 3 family members were not spending the night. They did pick the night that no guests were staying over.
(Gary was living with Chris and wasn't just an overnight guest.)

So the Wags could have had cameras hidden in the Rhoden houses. I think this is possible because no guests were sleeping over at all 4 homes.

This article mentions Gary living with Chris, and KR2 spending the night with Hanna, and MG (Hannah Gilley's sister) spending the night with HG.
Pike County: Death in the foothills
Donald Stone says he could have been victim #9
Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/h4d30sw3k6ncl14/images/2-80db7b5624.jpg

A relative said he wanted to be granted parental rights and HR said no. So there could be parental rights issues playing into this as well as custody.

Edward “Jake” Wagner, one of the suspects in the 2016 mass murder of Hanna May Rhoden and her family, broke up with her while trying to raise a young daughter together, according to details in a WLWT report. An unnamed Rhoden family member told the outlet that in the weeks before the killings, this man attempted to get Hanna to grant him parental rights to their daughter, but she said no.

This is about a ridiculous statement. Was she supposed to go home and live alone otherwise?

"On June 16, 2016, a court entry was filed by Pike County Juvenile Court Judge Robert Rosenberger granting that reads, "After presentation of the evidence, the Court finds that there has been a change in the circumstances of the child and/or custodial parent, specifically: the Mother, Hanna May Rhoden is deceased; and that changing the residential parent and legal custodian is in the best interests of the child."

Jerry Miller
The comments below are mine as an individual Commissioner. I do not speak for the Board but as an individual Board member. My comments are also not intended to criticize our Sheriff or the Department in any way but rather to shed some light on the financial realities we face. Questions arising from these comments will not be answered on social media. I felt obligated to offer my comments even though I’ve been in office less than 8 weeks.

The Pike County Sheriff’s Department is well-funded when viewed as dollars per population or dollars as a percentage of overall budget. This years’ department budget is approximately 3.7 million which represents 37% of the General Fund budget of 10 million. When compared to other county sheriff’s departments with similar population and demographics, Pike County ranks highly in percentage of the total budget by an average of nearly 10% more than comparable counties.

Part of the issue is that substantial increases in budget started in 2016 as a result of the Union Hill murders, peaking in 2017 at more than 5 million. This was after the overwhelming effort and responsibility of helping BCI with the investigation in 2016 and one deputy had been assigned to represent the department during the investigation. What hasn’t been made clear to taxpayers and perhaps the majority of the men and women in uniform is that those additional budget funds came from county ‘savings’, not annual revenues (which have actually decreased by over 1 million in the same time frame). In short, the savings or cushion the Pike County General fund had in 2015 of over 7 million dollars will be at or near zero after this fiscal year.

It bears mentioning that no amount of protests results in any additional dollars being added to the General fund. There will likely be those who insist Pike County build a jail to reduce prisoner transport costs. This seems logical until you scrutinize the numbers. Not only would it be a very large sum of money, that we don’t have, but annual operating expense would far outpace the savings of no longer having to transport prisoners as we do today. As in most financial matters there are economies of scale that could make a jail financially feasible. As an example, if a 500 bed jail were built and all cells occupied by our own prisoners, as well as those from surrounding counties, there’s a case to be made. I’ve been told Pike County has had offers from several surrounding counties to take over their jails because they’re so expensive to run with so few cells. It’s a catch 22, build a small jail and potentially bankrupt the county or build a large jail and potentially bankrupt the county getting it built and waiting for cells to fill up. The first scenario is very real and the second scenario is a risk that can’t be taken when we’re on the brink of financial insolvency.

There are options to increase revenue; Tax increases. My personal opinion is that unless and until we can demonstrate that we can operate within our means that’s simply not an option I believe Pike county citizens want.

The present Board of Commissioners of which I am a part doesn’t have a choice but to reduce spending of your tax dollars in order to provide the bare minimum of services those funds are intended for. Whether it’s the Clerk of Courts, Probate Court, County Court, Common Pleas Court, Pike County EMA and EMS, the Auditor, Treasurer, Recorder, the Board of Elections or any other Government function (all or most of whom have had their budgets reduced) we are obligated by law to provide funding for those departments to function. The notion that reducing spending is a preference or subjective is not accurate. It’s basic math that dictates the actions of the Board. We cannot allocate monies we don’t have. We cannot deficit spend nor can we borrow any more than is already owed. It may not be pleasant to hear but the truth is we’ve spent our savings or cushion until it no longer exists. All of these financial facts can be verified by the Auditor’s office for clarity and/or confirmation of the exact dollar amounts I’ve mentioned above.

I’m not sure it’s possible to ‘over-fund’ law enforcement due to the importance of their responsibility to the community and I have great respect for the men and women who serve to protect us. I also believe that the Department functions more efficiently than in years past as a result of trying to maintain the same level of service in the face of financial limitations. I know several of these people personally and it’s heartbreaking to see them work so hard and know that we’re just not able to continue to fund the department at its current levels. There is no way to put a positive spin on the necessity of reducing law enforcement monies but at this point it is no longer optional to allocate monies we don’t have. To summarize; we don’t have a choice in the matter.

My hope would be that the Sheriff’s Department and the Board of Commissioners work together to come up with a solution to serve our citizens while operating within the financial constraints we find ourselves in. These are your tax dollars and we need to find a way to stretch them as far as possible on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Jerry Miller

Pike County Commissioner

This is about a ridiculous statement. Was she supposed to go home and live alone otherwise?

"On June 16, 2016, a court entry was filed by Pike County Juvenile Court Judge Robert Rosenberger granting that reads, "After presentation of the evidence, the Court finds that there has been a change in the circumstances of the child and/or custodial parent, specifically: the Mother, Hanna May Rhoden is deceased; and that changing the residential parent and legal custodian is in the best interests of the child."

Not sure what you mean. The court always has a "canned formal standard statement" in dealing with cases. This is just the court's way of saying that the mother is deceased and so it's in the best interests of the child to reside with the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23