The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

I keep seeing people say that they cannot see things that are outside of their country. But if you have a VPN, can you not do that? I just did a quick Google search and I see that there are some free ones out there, one from kapersky who I think is a good company.

Just wondering if you guys have thought of doing such, or perhaps there is a reason and it is too much trouble to do that just for one or two articles, or another reason.

O/T

I keep seeing people say that they cannot see things that are outside of their country. But if you have a VPN, can you not do that? I just did a quick Google search and I see that there are some free ones out there, one from kapersky who I think is a good company.

Just wondering if you guys have thought of doing such, or perhaps there is a reason and it is too much trouble to do that just for one or two articles, or another reason.

I don’t understand VPN. How does it work? Is there a cost? Can you say that you are from any country!

I don’t understand VPN. How does it work? Is there a cost? Can you say that you are from any country!

I wish I was knowledgeable to be able to help you. I only brought this up because I have seen it mentioned on other threads that I have followed which have people from other countries saying that they use a VPN to be able to view articles in the United States when they live in Europe Etc. So this morning, I just did a quick Google search and I found some free ones. I don't even know if you do a search that those applications for phones and downloads in Google apps would be visible to you?

Perhaps there is a thread here on this site to help better understand it, I don't want to get in trouble for derailing the thread. Perhaps somebody else here could help that is from Europe?

Let me do a quick search on this website to see if there is a VPN article thread. I'll doing an update on this post if I find one.

ETA, I cannot find a specific thread for such. But I do find (through "vpn websleuths" Google search) that some members have talked about it. @Gooddeeds has one for $2/month, and @Bluepopsicle spoke of. Perhaps they could help you behind-the-scenes?

I see there are ones for computers, for Android phones, and for Apple phones. VPN is known as virtual private Network. They used to be used primarily by companies when their employees were traveling so sensitive information was not hacked when they were on Wi-Fi, but a lot of people use them now.

Last edited:
I do think Meghan has been through a lot of changes this year, royal wedding, new marriage, process of adjusting to her royal family and status, being pregnant with her first child...I wish people and press would leave her and Harry alone for awhile. Maybe moving to Frogmore will allow that.

I’m boycotting all Markle stories from now on it is too Jerry Springer/Jeremy Kyle now. I don’t want to lower the tone of the thread anymore or add to the Duchess of Sussex’s distress.

Thank you for everyone’s good wishes I am feeling better today.

You'll have to get in line behind me, LOL. I stopped reading/ watching/ listening almost a week ago.
The frenzied fury/ friends talkback is totally out of control.

Has it been revealed if Harry and Meghan's baby is a boy or girl?

This never happens in the Royal family before birth. I don’t know if they know privately. It has been revealed in the press that the nursery is gender neutral and being painted with vegan paint. I suspect the happy couple want it to be a surprise.

You'll have to get in line behind me, LOL. I stopped reading/ watching/ listening almost a week ago.
The frenzied fury/ friends talkback is totally out of control.

Unless articles are posted here (Daily Mail, Mirror), I don't read tabloids. The articles/videos that I share are usually on my Xfinity homepage and tend to focus on the Royals, not the Markle family. The less I see/hear about them, the better.

Meghan Markle set to make her screen return as drug-snorting, boob-cupping party girl in racy TV movie... as the film is set to be distributed eight years after production

The television film and original movie, both directed by Paul Sapiano, follows a group of twenty-something singles clubbing and partying in Los Angeles over the course of a single night.

Meghan Markle set to make screen return as drug-snorting, boob-cupping party girl in racy TV movie | Daily Mail Online

That is unfortunate but tame compared to Harry’s antics.

Unless articles are posted here (Daily Mail, Mirror), I don't read tabloids. The articles/videos that I share are usually on my Xfinity homepage and tend to focus on the Royals, not the Markle family. The less I see/hear about them, the better.

BDE, I don't read tabloids either. Have never bought such a thing in all my long life.

I read the headlines to my DH while we were in the checkout line at the supermarket, where they line the wire racks, but it was to make fun of the horrid headlines about alien abductions and that sort of urban legend thing.

There was, of course, one period of ridicule and headlines involving the BRF and we all know it was the C and D scandal years, with an occasional rip to Sarah Ferguson. Those things did make their ways into mainstream media, because the fallout was huge and sad, so very very sad.

I'm going to say this and it is my truth: I came to this part of WS to be entertained by the GOOD and HAPPY things involving the Queen, her children and their offspring and the things the UK posters might know that Americans don't.
Instead, it's turned into free advertising for the more scandalous pieces from sources like the Daily Mail headline. I don't think a poster's OPINION of what's posted is the salient feature of the post, it's the action of posting mean- spirited headlines with article links, and contentious things which are not good or nice or fun.
I've tried very hard to ignore the mess on all media, and now, right here on WS . Things that don't seem even appropriate for this website except in the private area of the Jury Room. .
TMZ and other sites ( which I also do not ever touch) are for the mean people slurs and the fan people cross fire.

Not Websleuths. I've been a member from the very beginning in 1997 and this type of " Did you see what they said about her/ him or what he/ she / they then did?" went to the JURY ROOM until about 2 weeks ago.

Respectfully, and with absolutely no aspersions cast upon any poster here, just the general atmosphere is changing from FUN and LIGHT to extremely uncomfortable, serious.

The direction of the news articles are now loaded with class distinction and racial overtones which, according to how I was taught, are unethical in addition to unkind.

Oh Lord this is a real concern. I feel for Harry magine what he feels considering what his mum went through.
Now handwriting experts are scutinising her letter to her father and tearing shreds off her mentally and emotionally.

Tormenting Meghan Markle has become a national sport that shames us

Tormenting Meghan Markle has become a national sport that shames us | Catherine Bennett

This. Let the woman alone to focus on her baby and her marriage. Those first five years of marriage are the hardest. And no matter how many people you have to help you, or how much money you have, it is tough to manage everything. They made Diana miserable. Why can't they leave Meghan alone? Will they crow with victory when the marriage is over? Mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member