GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

... no one knows how to deal with the situation caused by the murderer. Believe in his guilt or not.

It is a terrible situation for sure. Angela and Mark knew their sister. Diane and Neville knew their daughter, what kind of person she was. They know she would never commit suicide, she would never abandon her daughters. The kids are young and as I understand grew up in a very protective environment. So they choose to believe their father's story because they are dependent on him, both emotionally and financially. But they still want someone to blame, so they choose to blame the Holmes' for what happened to him. Even though Susan's family had to allow money from her estate to be used for Jason's defence! Unreal.

Angela Norton's pain is evident throughout the interview. I am certain that if it wasn't for the girls, she would be asking for life, not 15 years. This monster has destroyed so many lives.

February 18 2019 for sentencing, I believe. Anyone think sentence will be reduced due to the effect his imprisonment will have on his daughters, apparently?

February 18 2019 for sentencing, I believe. Anyone think sentence will be reduced due to the effect his imprisonment will have on his daughters, apparently?
Hi Hag. I do hope not. If they were very young then yes but even if he gets 15 years and serves half they're still going to be well into their twenties I believe (I'm not certain of their current ages without checking) so it's not exactly relevant IMO. It's a hardship for them but it's not as if they need his earnings to survive and I wouldn't think emotional hardship weighs in the context of him murdering their mum.

Reactions: Hag
Hi Hag. I do hope not. If they were very young then yes but even if he gets 15 years and serves half they're still going to be well into their twenties I believe (I'm not certain of their current ages without checking) so it's not exactly relevant IMO. It's a hardship for them but it's not as if they need his earnings to survive and I wouldn't think emotional hardship weighs in the context of him murdering their mum.

Hi, I agree, but I felt some pressure was being applied for compassion from the Judge at the last court session. That the girls are concerned for their father. However, surely the loss of their mum by his hand is a greater tragedy. I personally don’t believe she will waver in her judgement of the situation. He has caused sorrow and hardship for his daughters and unfortunately they will have to deal with the consequences. IMO

Hi, I agree, but I felt some pressure was being applied for compassion from the Judge at the last court session. That the girls are concerned for their father. However, surely the loss of their mum by his hand is a greater tragedy. I personally don’t believe she will waver in her judgement of the situation. He has caused sorrow and hardship for his daughters and unfortunately they will have to deal with the consequences. IMO
I agree. If he admitted it it's another story but his cover up and no remorse and even the psychiatrist blaming it on Susan is, I hope, going to rub her up the wrong way. It made me furious and he didn't even bat an eyelid that he was saying it to a female judge!

Reactions: Hag
I agree. If he admitted it it's another story but his cover up and no remorse and even the psychiatrist blaming it on Susan is, I hope, going to rub her up the wrong way. It made me furious and he didn't even bat an eyelid that he was saying it to a female judge!

Exactly. Refusing to admit and the elaborate cover up. The Psychiatrist! Well, he certainly had “no idea”. I have much faith in this Judge.

I think the Judge will give this Creep the maximum.
She clearly described JR's violent actions.
These girls are not toddlers.
Even if they were toddlers, this should have no bearing on his sentence.
Otherwise, Creeps with young kids, would have more lenient sentences.
MOO.

I think the Judge will give this Creep the maximum.
She clearly described JR's violent actions.
These girls are not toddlers.
Even if they were toddlers, this should have no bearing on his sentence.
Otherwise, Creeps with young kids, would have more lenient sentences.
MOO.

Hi tmar, I totally agree with you. I just worried that there were pressures being applied to the Judge at the last court session. However, she has shown throughout the trial to be a strong woman, very able to make appropriate decisions and not be swayed by emotion. Justice for Susan Rohde.

Hi tmar, I totally agree with you. I just worried that there were pressures being applied to the Judge at the last court session. However, she has shown throughout the trial to be a strong woman, very able to make appropriate decisions and not be swayed by emotion. Justice for Susan Rohde.

The Judge did show compassion with JR's daughter, when the daughter took the stand.
The Judge being very gentle.
However JR needs to pay heavily for the murder of his wife.
MOO.

Well, 11 days to go for sentencing to return.
I wonder if again, the Defence may try further for another delay.
We have witnessed these delays constantly, but surely this will soon be concluded, with JR having to spend loads of time in Prison.
I certainly hope so.
MOO.

It had better be! Best part, after the judgement! I don't think she will disappoint us.

The Judge saw through the Defence 'Expert Witnesses', the Defence Barrister and his ridicudelay, and came down hard on the Creep, JR with the Verdict
She shouldn't change her actions now.
MOO.

The Judge saw through the Defence 'Expert Witnesses', the Defence Barrister and his ridicudelay, and came down hard on the Creep, JR with the Verdict
She shouldn't change her actions now.
MOO.

She won’t....:cool:

Have been looking for the Court listing 18 Feb. Has anyone seen it?

My apologies for being a little late to comment. IMO having his daughter wanting to testify before the close of court for the December break was just an emotional ploy. I felt the defense was trying everything to keep him out of prison as it is a long break. When they were denied to testify in camera the witness was withdrawn. The fact that JR has been found guilty seems to escape him. There is one worrying factor here. This case will almost definitely go on appeal. There are comments from the legal profession about the speed in which the judgment was delivered after heads of argument. As a lay person I felt she applied her mind throughout the trial and enough time had been wasted.

As a South African just to give an insight into our legal system a family member was subjected to a horrific farm attack. Three and a half years later the accused was remanded again as he felt sick. Should the trial continue and go to appeal the whole case can be thrown out as he was too ”ill” to follow the proceedings. We shall have to wait and see.

It has been reported that JR’s mother is expected to beg for a light sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back