GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Watts not fighting wrongful death lawsuit filed by Shanann Watts’ family | 9news.com

Article about Rzucek family wrongful death lawsuit against CW! He's not fighting it!
This doesn't really surprise me. He's just going to let the Rzucek's have their judgment and go on about his business - whatever he has to do to avoid owning up to his heinous acts. Coward.

From The Denver Post:
Christopher Watts not fighting wrongful death lawsuit filed by Shanann Watts's family after murder convictions
"Watts has not hired an attorney in the case and has not filed a single document in the suit since it was filed, court records show.

The Rzuceks filed a motion for default judgment on Monday, court records show. A default judgment can be awarded if the defendant doesn't respond to a suit, triggering an automatic win for the plaintiffs.

"He has failed to answer the case against him," Lambert said.

Lambert said he expects the judge to make a decision on the motion in the next week or two.

If the judge finds that Watts is in default, the court will next have a hearing in which a jury decides how much money the Rzuceks should be awarded in damages.

Watts likely will appear by telephone for that hearing, Lambert said. Watts was transferred from Colorado's Department of Corrections to a prison in Wisconsin shortly after his conviction. Corrections officials have refused to confirm where he is located, but an online system that allows people to send money and mail to inmates showed he was still in the custody of Wisconsin's Department of Corrections on Wednesday.

The judge on Tuesday granted the Rzuceks' request for exemplary damages, which means that any monetary damages awarded will be multiplied. Colorado law allows a multiplier to be applied if the defendant acted intentionally and with malice."

Feb 13, 2019 CBS DENVER News 4

Lambert expected a conversation with Watts to be awkward, and possibly even “eerie.” However, when on the phone, Lambert suggested Watts may have come to terms with his new reality, as he answered every question they had openly.

“It wasn’t weird, or anything… He doesn’t seem to be fighting this,” Lambert said. “(Watts is) admitting liability, or giving up things that he might’ve had claim to.”

Lambert said Watts had 35 days to file for default. Before then, the law firm will work to provide proof of pain, loss of income, and losses to the family and Shanann’s estate.

Lambert said the Rzuceks were doing better, since Watts was convicted to life in prison for the murders of Shanann, Bella and Celeste “CeCe” Watts. However, he said the spotlight the murders placed on the family has been trying for Frank and Sandy.

Lambert hoped to have the wrongful death suit resolved before the end of the year for his clients.

“(Watts is) spending 23 hours (a day) in a cell, sitting there,” Lambert said. “He has the next 30 years to think of what he’s done.”

Lawyers: Shanann Watts’ Parents Lawsuit To Go Uncontested By Chris Watts

ETA: Although it was suspected CW was in Ad Seg, the Rzucek's attorney's statement confirms CW is not enjoying any community company in lock up - 23 hrs/day.

Can someone direct me to the plea agreement or is it even accessible? I don't believe I ever read where he admitted to killing the girls.

CW admitted to killing Shanann, Bella, Cece, and Nico when he signed the plea agreement (GUILTY to ALL nine charges), and when he told the Judge that he understood and accepted the plea agreement. ( He answered; "yes sir".) There is no question he is the murderer, of his entire family!

I don't know why, but I just can't find closure on this tragic case. It haunts me. I get away from it, don't think about it, and then it intrudes. I don't want to think about it, but I do.

Maybe today is the last day I'll think about it and then I'll move on!

If only CW realised Shan’ann was sick, pregnant, a mother of 2 active toddlers, working and keeping house he might stop and think that sometimes, just sometimes she was just too damned tired to put that sexy lingerie on to pamper your selfish *advertiser censored*.

No, he found someone who googled weird sex fetishes that shan’ann might not do.

“For better, for worse” went down the drain for a whining, self centered ‘thing’ just like him.
He killed his golden goose.

I don't know why, but I just can't find closure on this tragic case. It haunts me. I get away from it, don't think about it, and then it intrudes. I don't want to think about it, but I do.

I agree. But it is good that we keep them alive in our memories. I’m sure Shananns family finds some comfort in that.

I'm sorry this sounds macabre, but usually when humans die they excrete bodily fluids, urine, bowels, etc. Not one, but 3 humans died in that house. Does anyone find it peculiar that no bodily fluids were found anywhere? Does anyone find it peculiar that cadaver dogs showed no firm direct hit? That is really strange to me. Also, 3 dead bodies in CW's truck for about an hour and the dogs didn't hit on the truck??? Look how close the truck was parked to the house. And if the dogs were not directed to his truck, why in the heck not? I really am bothered by that...It just doesn't make sense to me...I wonder if the dogs weren't well trained....

The police report said the truck did trigger the dogs in some way, but they did not open the truck to get further confirmation or get a real signal from the dogs. Either they weren't allowed to open it or weren't given permission or whatever, it does not say.

Same here, maybe even surpassing the Laci Peterson case, if that's possible.

If only CW realised Shan’ann was sick, pregnant, a mother of 2 active toddlers, working and keeping house he might stop and think that sometimes, just sometimes she was just too damned tired to put that sexy lingerie on to pamper your selfish *advertiser censored*.

“For better, for worse” went down the drain for a whining, self centered ‘thing’ just like him.

So very true.

I can't explain why certain cases "draw me to them ", but this is one of them.
So senseless.
There were other options.
Killing your own children seems so incomprehensible.
That I married someone that was so similar to CW...daily reminder how lucky we are that my children and I escaped a similar situation. What if it was us you were all discussing....?
Such a waste of so many lives.
The pain that SW's family will experience; will last for generations.
None of this had to have happened.
Beauty/life snuffed out all too soon.
I will never forget this case.

The police report said the truck did trigger the dogs in some way, but they did not open the truck to get further confirmation or get a real signal from the dogs. Either they weren't allowed to open it or weren't given permission or whatever, it does not say.
I believe he took the sheets and washed the rest, not knowing where they where suffocated. On YouTube there is a video of CW while the dogs are there, a third interview in front of the garage, the dogs seem like they are by the truck barking. He looks over there also. Because he doesn't own the truck( Anadarkos property with gps) he couldn't give permission I'm guessing. So much never to be released. The ones who need to know already know I imagine. JMO

His Goose that laid the Golden Eggs...smh

From the article - January 15, 2019:

Records show Chris Watts bought the home at 2825 Saratoga Trail in April 2013 for nearly $393,000. According to a Zillow estimate , the home is now valued at around $511,000.

The home will be auctioned off to the highest bidder on April 17. Proceeds from the sale will go toward the unpaid principal of $349,938.09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021