Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Badly composed :) The horror she endured, followed by the hopes we have for her future. I said something along these lines, your post beating my typing :) Not that we're trying to beat anyone, just seemed to be on same wavelength. :)

I think we are on the same wavelength :) Not sure if I saw the post, did I say what you had already said? If so, I am sorry. I usually do not post until I catch up but I am still some hours behind on catching up. Fast moving thread for days now.

I think we are on the same wavelength :) Not sure if I saw the post, did I say what you had already said? If so, I am sorry. I usually do not post until I catch up but I am still some hours behind on catching up. Fast moving thread for days now.

No, No, it was the opposite! I was typing a similar reply while you posted yours lol. IMO yes on wavelength :)

I think the key to her trusting him but not LE or a random dog-walker is that she needed to start a discussion anonymously and feel the person out to see if they believed her prior to acting. She eventually did the same thing with the FBI - presenting the evidence and then waiting to see if they believed it and arrested RP.

Great point. With JC, most knew her face and that she was missing, a dog walker knew it was for real. With SP if she had left her home in TN and approached someone walking her dog, would LE believe her, did they know the family, etc., they had just moved there... Would she have ended up back home after LE talking to ma and pa, she has no evidence... Just thoughts...

And the utter relief when LE informed her RP was in a jail cell, they had gotten her package, and she was now safe? Can we even imagine the weight lifted off of her mind?

ETA: Why did BR have to go and ruin this narrative? Too few heroes out there. He could never have been one. That's so sad.

I think in every case many of us wish for a hero. In this one, there was a slight chance of it, even a relative, we did not know. If BR knew but for a few things what a hero he could be right now... I do wonder however without that video to the FBI if her *daddy* would be in jail on a very high bond... I think this is what makes it so difficult--BR may have had wrong intents and wrong actions but if not for that, would RJP be in jail on high bond...? I go to her letter, no further charges but there is also no video for that decade plus is there...? So it would be her testimony only very likely... While I do not endorse BR if he had less than good intents, I am not sure how any other scenario may have worked out... I give her the credit, I think she is a smart girl and I am going to hang onto that and believe that. I want to put it right, but this girl probably learned early in life how to deal with a manipulative man to make her abuse less severe... To save herself, to save her siblings, to save her dog, etc... BR and JRP had power over a vulnerable child but she is the smart one. I like to think.

This is from 2012 so don’t know if it is still accurate.

The Hart family where mom drove off a cliff moved from place to place to flee child abuse reports. And, as usual, the homeschool became the way to hide the abuse.

States don't often share child-abuse records. And sometimes kids like Jeanette Maples die.

The article header says it was updated one (1) Month ago. I wonder if the troubles are still being experienced? This is heartbreaking! And yet totally fixable. Sad that it's not :(

I think in every case many of us wish for a hero. In this one, there was a slight chance of it, even a relative, we did not know. If BR knew but for a few things what a hero he could be right now... I do wonder however without that video to the FBI if her *daddy* would be in jail on a very high bond... I think this is what makes it so difficult--BR may have had wrong intents and wrong actions but if not for that, would RJP be in jail on high bond...? I go to her letter, no further charges but there is also no video for that decade plus is there...? So it would be her testimony only very likely... While I do not endorse BR if he had less than good intents, I am not sure how any other scenario may have worked out... I give her the credit, I think she is a smart girl and I am going to hang onto that and believe that. I want to put it right, but this girl probably learned early in life how to deal with a manipulative man to make her abuse less severe... To save herself, to save her siblings, to save her dog, etc... BR and JRP had power over a vulnerable child but she is the smart one. I like to think.
Bottom line is that like JC, she had to be her own hero. And she was. I hope that fact is something she never forgets during future struggles,

I do believe I led to confusion here :) I was only trying to equate SLP knowing she needed to save herself. That she could NOT trust this guy. The dog walking was a nod to JC. I apologize for not being clear in my missives :)

She was just in an awful situation- new place, likely didn’t know any neighbors or anyone in the community, stuck in a rural location with no transportation, no school, etc. I know people have said she could have done this or that on her own to report the situation. But in her place, in her situation, I would have been too frightened to trust anyone.

Right! So would she have really trusted this guy? Or was she hoping for the rescue? Was SLP ready to walk out the door? Perhaps find a nice woman, out walking her dog? I want to believe that. IMO I wanted her to believe she knew she still needed rescuing. I believe she did. I hope she did. Like many more have said, I hope SLP can find a new path for her life. She really does deserve a wondrous life.

I think the key to her trusting him but not LE or a random dog-walker is that she needed to start a discussion anonymously and feel the person out to see if they believed her prior to acting. She eventually did the same thing with the FBI - presenting the evidence and then waiting to see if they believed it and arrested RP.
Great point. With JC, most knew her face and that she was missing, a dog walker knew it was for real. With SP if she had left her home in TN and approached someone walking her dog, would LE believe her, did they know the family, etc., they had just moved there... Would she have ended up back home after LE talking to ma and pa, she has no evidence... Just thoughts...

Do we think BR was allowing access to SM, MSM, and the like? I know she had a burner phone. Well, at least BR said she had a burner phone. Did LE corroborate the burner phone?

He allegedly smashed her phone but I wonder if it was when they realized per the news there were pings or to cover their tracks/location? He then allegedly got her a burner phone. What confuses me about this man is his actions. Some seem to be truly intending to help and others seem flat out predatory and quite probably playing her. Every time I say this I feel like I am naive or stupid and yet I see the conversation and the way it looks that he likely knows exactly what he is doing--but then we see him help her reach the FBI. I guess I just cannot stand it when things do not fit nor make sense :mad:. I am starting to realize they often probably never do...

With regard to the burner phone, I am unsure if it was confirmed but it was said that she used it to let her family know she was alive wasn't that what was said? I could be wrong, just my best recollection of how I thought it came about... I think in the defense document...

I am worried about SP's little 12 year old sister. If the mother is that ditzy she can't take care of her daughters, what will become of her and SP? It's horrible IMO

The only bit we heard is that the children were out of the home some time ago and I hope to he** it remains that way.

I would think if the attorney saw evidence of his statements they would have been included.
I think the document contains the summary of his statements, even if they are not backed up by evidence yet. At this point we don't know if everything BR claims SP said is true or not, although I would not doubt any of it.
As an attorney, it makes sense that she would make the abuse by her father appear to be so terrifying that it would justify the actions of the client. Or at least help to explain them. Imo

That makes a lot of sense, thank you.

I tend to think the atty would not include these statements unless he tends to believe they can be backed up. We shall see I guess.

Before RP's FB was taken down there were pictures of his/their church, he was featured in some pictures and they ran a picture of SP, asking for her return and described her participation in church activities. I wonder why she didn't feel she could find support there. The link for this doesn't exist anymore so I hope this doesn't go against TOS.
i mean no offense by this, but churches do not have a great track record of dealing with sexual abuse in any kind of healthy way. I’m guessing any church this perv would feel comfortable at is deep into the patriarchy. IMO

But if mailing the package was just to keep the facade up, he could have packaged it in front of her and just told her he was going to mail it. I still can’t square the two of them taking that package together and actually mailing it with him having set long-term sights on keeping her. I don’t know what the answer is, but it does not square. He could have even misdirected the package if he didn’t want it to reach the FBI.

There are many unanswered questions.

It may be far fetched but she was online to him, I wonder if as she was with him and he read the letter she wrote the FBI and he got to see her "in person" if maybe what she went through and that she was a child became real to him...? I guess I am always looking for a silver lining... He apparently and allegedly did take her to send this to the FBI and it was received. No perp thinking he would be in trouble would do that. Nothing makes a bit of sense to me where he is concerned. It is my own problem :), no one else has to agree... I just cannot make things square...

He allegedly smashed her phone but I wonder if it was when they realized per the news there were pings or to cover their tracks/location? He then allegedly got her a burner phone. What confuses me about this man is his actions. Some seem to be truly intending to help and others seem flat out predatory and quite probably playing her. Every time I say this I feel like I am naive or stupid and yet I see the conversation and the way it looks that he likely knows exactly what he is doing--but then we see him help her reach the FBI. I guess I just cannot stand it when things do not fit nor make sense :mad:. I am starting to realize they often probably never do...

With regard to the burner phone, I am unsure if it was confirmed but it was said that she used it to let her family know she was alive wasn't that what was said? I could be wrong, just my best recollection of how I thought it came about... I think in the defense document...
He says he helped her reach out to the FBI. Has this been confirmed?
Even so, he drove all the way to MO to send the package to the MO FBI. (if true)
He was still trying very hard to make sure she wasn't found....at least not in Wisconsin where he lived with his mother and was keeping SP.

It may be far fetched but she was online to him, I wonder if as she was with him and he read the letter she wrote the FBI and he got to see her "in person" if maybe what she went through and that she was a child became real to him...? I guess I am always looking for a silver lining... He apparently and allegedly did take her to send this to the FBI and it was received. No perp thinking he would be in trouble would do that. Nothing makes a bit of sense to me where he is concerned. It is my own problem :), no one else has to agree... I just cannot make things square...

And then this 31 year old adult raped a 14 year old child. That's what did him in for me. This, after watching RP rape her in a video. That BR effectively forced her to video. Three strikes, he's outta there! (And we don't have any remaining strikes accounted for, yet...)

I think SP knew she had to reach out to the FBI to ensure she be believed & rescued. Think about how every adult failed her, terrorized her, isolated her, made her feel like she had no choices in life. It’s like she knew being on that farm was going to be a cult like future for her. The fear combined with sheer rage she must have felt propelled her to go to the highest level of authority she knew. Local LE? Not high enough, too much risk of being sent home. She saw the risks, guns in the house, evil, cold parent, etc. She needed protection at the highest level. The way out was bizarre but she’s out, and that’s the important thing.

I SO VERY MUCH AGREE WITH THIS. It may not have been the perfect way but she was not sent back home nor *daddy* bonded out. IT WORKED. She deserves much credit imo.

RP killed her dog and skinned it! How traumatic for all those children! And yet, RP made it a point on TV to say how much she loved her animals. Was that perhaps a little threat to her, in case she was seeing or hearing him on TV?

AGREE. I think every time he was on TV was a message to her. I bet she hated his concerned face! The one that put my antenna up was she was "his morning cup of coffee". I thought stimulant, I do not know why--what you want to wake up to was my next thought... And I was not even near thinking it was anyone in the family doing anything but that remark was soooo ODD, I just could not see someone saying it... I HOPE HE ROTS and they bring a charge for each and every time. Unfortunately, they probably will not...

Jmo, am wondering what would have happened if this “rescuer” had been someon else...better or worse? Not sure what to think. I think I would have called police but would I have ever known if police removed her, helped her etc? Would police tell me if I kept after them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam