TX - Several police officers shot, raid, 2 people killed, Houston, 28 Jan 2019 *6 officers charged*

Wow... this is amazing news. I’m hopeful for the remaining officer who was shot that family requested no updates be released. I’m also shocked at the fact that the officer with the knee injury is still hospitalized. I’m not even sure what type of injury to the knee one can suffer that would involve multiple days as an inpatient in the hospital. It must’ve been a terrible injury. Praying for all of their recoveries!
In regards to the Knee injury the officer sustained, he could have torn 1 or possibly more ligaments, fractured a bone around the knee, had severe muscle damage or anything else that might have needed surgery & monitoring afterward. JMO & I am no expert!

In regards to the Knee injury the officer sustained, he could have torn 1 or possibly more ligaments, fractured a bone around the knee, had severe muscle damage or anything else that might have needed surgery & monitoring afterward. JMO & I am no expert!
I guess the reason I’m shocked is because my son had a knee injury including everything you listed here, plus a torn meniscus, and his was repaired in an outpatient surgery. It makes me cringe to think of what all this poor officer must’ve had wrong with his knee that it required multiple days as an inpatient. My son’s injury was horrific and took 9+ months to rehab it.

I guess the reason I’m shocked is because my son had a knee injury including everything you listed here, plus a torn meniscus, and his was repaired in an outpatient surgery. It makes me cringe to think of what all this poor officer must’ve had wrong with his knee that it required multiple days as an inpatient. My son’s injury was horrific and took 9+ months to rehab it.
I am so sorry that your son had to go through that! I hope he is ok now! I am not sure about the injury this officer sustained, obviously, but I hope he recovers soon too.

This isn’t good, really, really not good.

HPD undercover cop lied about drug buy that led to deadly raid, Chief Acevedo says

HPD undercover cop lied about drug buy that led to deadly raid, Chief Acevedo says

(Via KHOU 11)

This is very very disturbing.
How in the world did we come to this?!?
This whole terrible incident was based on a LIE?
I don’t even know what to say.
I hope Chief Acevedo exposes the whole ugly truth to get to the bottom of it.
It will be painful, but it is the best way to face this.....full disclosure.
Awful.

This is very very disturbing.
How in the world did we come to this?!?
This whole terrible incident was based on a LIE?
I don’t even know what to say.
I hope Chief Acevedo exposes the whole ugly truth to get to the bottom of it.
It will be painful, but it is the best way to face this.....full disclosure.
Awful.
Judging by his words, he will.

'You lie, you die' | HPD undercover cop lied about drug buy that led to deadly raid, Chief Acevedo says
“I told the public two weeks ago that we would leave no stone unturned, and we will get to the good, the bad and the ugly, Acevedo said.

He said there are "a lot of pissed off cops" in his department because bad cops make it difficult for the rest of them to do their job each day.

"We have 5,200 officers and I would ask that no one paint our department with a broad brush … because of the actions of an individual or individuals."

Once I seen about seven different neighbors interviewed on tv I knew this was wrong not one person had a bad word to say about the couple.One guy even said dude wouldn't go fishing without a license.I really feel sorry for the couple and their dog.

(Omg :( )

Still catching up but wanted to say I was just looking at her SM and noted how she had an image remembering/saluting 911 firefighters. I thought, that doesn’t seem like a cop shooter?

Catching up now, thank you for posting the news conference video and updates.

This was today‘s presser:
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo gives news conference about latest investigation into botched Harding Street raid. Newest warrant shows confidential informants did not buy drugs at that house!! #abc13

He refers imo to an affidavit that was not supposed to be released by the media but was:

DOCUMENTS: Read affidavits obtained by Channel 2 Investigates
Warrant 1 | Warrant 2

https://media.click2houston.com/doc...h Warrant 1_1550258738411_19525547_ver1.0.PDF

https://media.click2houston.com/doc...h Warrant 2_1550258738228_19525546_ver1.0.PDF

Not sure if anyone is following along with the story. There are lots of rumblings.
FIRST ON 2: Major questions raised about raid-turned-shootout after warrant reviewed
FIRST ON 2: Major questions raised about raid-turned-shootout after warrant reviewed

Officer 'will be charged' in connection with deadly shootout, HPD says

“HOUSTON - Affidavits obtained Friday alleged that “material untruths or lies” were used to get a search warrant for a southeast Houston home last month where a raid turned into a deadly shootout, according to Houston police Chief Art Acevedo.“

Officer 'will be charged' in connection with deadly shootout, HPD says

Last edited:
Once I seen about seven different neighbors interviewed on tv I knew this was wrong not one person had a bad word to say about the couple.One guy even said dude wouldn't go fishing without a license.I really feel sorry for the couple and their dog.

My gut told me something was wrong. The couple reacted like this was a home invasion. Did the undercover LE wear uniforms? The comments from everyone who knew this couple. And no heroin was found.

Officer in question was named in the “leaked” affidavit.
The Houston Chronicle published a story on his shady history on the force.
I guess it is obvious his undercover LE days are over.
I am so disappointed in this development, but I fully support Chief Acevedo cleaning house of the bad apples in his 5000+ member police force.

Houston police officer in drug raid had previous allegations against him

Video @ link:

Allegations in drug raid not reflective of officers: union chief

The Houston Police Union president, who made fiery and controversial comments the night of the deadly raid, says the alleged actions of one officer should not reflect on the hundreds of others.

"We believe, truly, this is only one person who has caused the issues with this case and there is only one person who is facing these types of allegations right now," said Joe Gamaldi, referring to senior police officer Gerald Goines.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back