UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but which stair railing was his handprint found on? Was it on the approach to the front door of the flat or are there interior stairs within the flat? Was there an attic bedroom above the main part of the flat?

I can’t see how semen can be planted without the planter leaving forensic evidence, it’s not even possible tbh. It wasn’t TM seen running about the streets in the early hours on the mass amount of CCTV the residents on the island have. Only this little creep was roaming the streets.

There was me thinking we’d passed all this, do people on here actually doubt that the accused is guilty and that TM could beyond any doubt be responsible in any which way. If so I’m out.

Welcome to the thread :)

Some, in fact many of us have been here since Day 1 and have read all there is so feel more invested than you might be able to appreciate.

If you're not AT ALL swayed by any evidence heard thus far then I certainly wouldn't want you on the jury if it were my childs abducter, rapist and murderer on trial ... what do you require? A signed confession?

As for the whole family being 'dubious' ... I'll remind you that Websleuth is victim friendly and victim family friendly and it is not Aleshas family on trial.
As I said I require evidence that is all. You are victim friendly, however one member is named in the trial. I have followed from the start, just not on here via friends who live local.

He already claimed his semen was planted. The defence might claim additional DNA came via the hoodie he allegedly gave?

Difficult to fool forensics.

Indeed and what if the hoodie had TLM's dna on it? Unlikely, but we'll have to wait and see what the defense comes up with...

In which case that cctv evidence would be crucial to be able to prove that it was the accused, or at least a male, carrying Alesha, and not TM.

I suspect the cctv footage of the 'figure' carrying something is not clear enough otherwise surely the prosecution would have made better use of it than merely putting forward the opinions of those who provided it.

As I said I require evidence that is all. You are victim friendly, however one member is named in the trial. I have followed from the start, just not on here via friends who live local.

Member of?

You are allowed your opinion and you will recieve all the evidence you require next week. Happy to discuss and debate when that happens. We all want this wrapped up and the culprit to be reprimanded to the highest degree. We don’t need conspiracy theories clouding judgment to make the case seem more thrilling, it’s disrespectful. Just remember the accused is where he is and TM is likely in her bed...hopefully not reading this dribble.

I suspect the cctv footage of the 'figure' carrying something is not clear enough otherwise surely the prosecution would have made better use of it than merely putting forward the opinions of those who provided it.

In court they may well have went into more detail regarding the person seen in the CCTV but the suspect is protected, his identity is not to be made common knowledge as it is an offence to do so. So for all we know this could have all been stated in court and not shared on the MSM updates.

Member of?

You are allowed your opinion and you will recieve all the evidence you require next week. Happy to discuss and debate when that happens. We all want this wrapped up and the culprit to be reprimanded to the highest degree. We don’t need conspiracy theories clouding judgment to make the case seem more thrilling, it’s disrespectful. Just remember the accused is where he is and TM is likely in her bed...hopefully not reading this dribble.
Wow- what conspiracy theory??? You obviously have very strong feelings, I also do, but would prefer concrete evidence.

In court they may well have went into more detail regarding the person seen in the CCTV but the suspect is protected, his identity is not to be made common knowledge as it is an offence to do so. So for all we know this could have all been stated in court and not shared on the MSM updates.
Possible but I think it would have been reported

just catching up and I have to say I'm kind of lost for words. Why is he accusing this woman and not the multiple men that were in Alesha's life? Why are the courts allowing this? And why is her name being made public when she hasn't been charged with anything? Her reputation is now tarnished, which I'm sure is the accused's intention.

Only way out of having his DNA at scene by having sex with her and her planting it at Scene

Wow- what conspiracy theory??? You obviously have very strong feelings, I also do, but would prefer concrete evidence.

To date, I personally believe the evidence is rather concrete. Nobody but this creature was strolling about the wee hours of the morning that this child disappeared, frantically running to and fro from his house, allegedly carrying a child and, as mentioned earlier by the friend that testified that the accused was "crying" having an emotional breakdown moment. The video footage cinches it, the clothing matches. DNA will cinch this case. Concrete evidence already exists, please let us be logical because all of us here want what is just and fair but neither are we "dummies". I feel you are just arguing for arguments sake. IMO, hang the guy and be done with him, nobody else did this and that is clear to most of us, WHILE we patiently wait to have what we already know likely happened to be proven. But yes, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, I support that, buy hey,,,, I also like to speculate.

Last edited:
Not really.

You'd assume the accused wouldn't have any reason to know RM's daughters name hence the use of "Rab's wee girl".
Not really.

You'd assume the accused wouldn't have any reason to know RM's daughters name hence the use of "Rab's wee girl".
IF SHE'S STAYING IN SAME HOUSE YOU'D ASSUME SHE WOULD KNOW THE GIRLS NAME

I was out all day today so have only managed to catch up on today’s discussion now. Just a few observations.

a) The accused’s Mum claimed he didn’t understand DNA or words to that effect. However, I’m struggling to believe that now given the witness testimonies today regarding discussions with the accused about true crime documentaries they had watched. We all know if you watch true crime, the subject of DNA will come up.

b) The more I think of it, and if he is guilty, the more inclined I am to believe he acted on impulse rather than planned. Had it been planned, I think he would have been better at hiding Alesha and disposing of his things. It really didn’t take long to find her at all.

c) I don’t know what to make of the witness asking for the screen to be removed. I find it quite admirable in a way because it was a pretty bold thing to do to stand out from his peers and face the accused. I can’t make up my mind whether this witness thinks the accused is guilty or not.

d) If he does take the stand, I think it will be at his own insistence as he believes he can outsmart or outcharm the jury. Classic sociopathic trait. When someone thinks they can outsmart a courtroom, my mind always goes to Bundy representing himself.

All MOO.

The one thing for which his account does not have an explanation is the presence of his dna on the victim (unless he is putting that down to the condom too) ...so if and when that evidence is introduced , that would be very difficult to explain away....conversely if his dna is not present then that would put a different spin on things.
But personally i dont think the case would have got here without the dna being there.

With regard to the family of the victim, ok its pretty clear that father is not one of lifes high achievers (also a drug dealer) and they probably wont win any parent of the year awards but we must take the picture as it was....that little girl should in theory have been in a safe place...in the flat with father and grandparents - hard to see what more they could have done?
The only blame here lies at the feet of whoever has done this,and thus far i have no reason to believe that the accused is not that person.

Perhaps if there is a lesson for the father in this case, it is that setting up as a drug dealer will inevitably attract some of lifes less desirable to your door..and as a father that may not be in the best interests of your family.....,..
But i have not walked a yard in his shoes and i suspect that like so many others, he was just doing what he could to get through his weeks.

I believe that he did not have full custody of his daughter and that in itself is a soul destroying situation....i certainly would not judge anyone too harshly given the absolute heartbreak that this man must be enduring.
For whatever his sins, he quite clearly loved that little girl and is going through a living hell right now

Excellent post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member