IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what is fact anymore.
You have news from LE and then other LE respond and say no that isn't true.
So these two men aren't suspects, but maybe they could be charged later as more evidence is obtained?
Or are they free because they pointed a finger elsewhere and evidence supports their claim.
LE said they have evidence from their interrogation.
Really strange.IMO
I think they were hired to do what they did. I don't believe these two would do anything without being paid.

JMO

So something the brothers SAID during the interrogations led LE in a new direction? So, they know something. It’s not just a “They’re not the attackers, they were released” type situation?
It may not be just what the brothers said, but may be what they have in the form of text, emails, voicemail, etc. Who knows what the evidence might be!

So something the brothers SAID during the interrogations led LE in a new direction? So, they know something. It’s not just a “They’re not the attackers, they were released” type situation?
The height and body size seems to fit from the video/picture released by LE.
Just read this on ABC news.
Attorney Gloria Schmidt, who is representing the two persons of interest, told Chicago CBS station WBBM that her clients were detained at O'Hare Airport Wednesday evening and were unaware of the attack on Smollett.

"When they first learned what happened to him, they were horrified," Schmidt said. "This is someone that they know, this is someone that they work with, so they don't want to see somebody go through that. ... They really don’t understand how [police] even got information that linked them to this horrific crime, but they’re not guilty of it."

Huh? That hasn't happened, has it?

Innocent people have landed in prison for years on victim identification. And it appears that Mr. Smollett may have deliberately misled law enforcement on the identity of the attackers, for some unknown reasons.

This article quotes Mr. Smollett a week ago, he clearly identifies his attackers as "white men".
Jussie Smollett on His Attack: "I Am Not Weak"

Last edited:
Well, I seriously doubt the cops had the wrong guys on video -- they wouldn't just randomly pick up these two guys. Just wondering -- if they were hired to stage a crime, maybe under the guise of publicity; I'm guessing that wouldn't be a crime in itself, but if they kept silent while someone else was knowingly making false claims, I guess that would make them accessories. In other words, if someone hires me to take a crowbar, dress in black, and break their car window at night, that isn't directly a crime (aside from perhaps menacing, but not for breaking the window itself). But if I find out that person is making an insurance claim and I know about it, then I'm a co-conspirator.
However, if they could credibly deny knowledge of the aftermath of the staged crime (by like say, being in Nigeria when this thing blew up), I suppose they wouldn't be guilty of anything? All the more reason to flip, IMO.

Last edited:
IMHO they're trying to decide what to charge them with and also seeing what they do while they're released, who they contact and who contacts them. In a case this high profile theres no way LE just plucked out 2 random black men and decided to arrest them, they had enough evidence to get a search warrant and arrested them after interrogation.

Hold up.. so we heard that footage caught the guys who fled the scene .. then took an Uber .. and hotfooted it to the airport, and led to the brothers, right?

Yet, it’s not them.
The statement that their release was “due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations,” makes me think that they cooperated.

Perhaps their involvement was minimal, or to an extent that wasn’t criminal.

“We agreed to help out a friend,” or something.

If they carried out this attack on their own, their release doesn’t make sense.

It makes perfect sense though, if this is in fact what many of us suspect it to be.

Matt Finn FNC -- Breaking: Chicago police confirm to @FoxNews CPD seized a bottle of bleach from #JussieSmollet apartment. Tonight police still call Smollett a victim. Suspects told detectives something that requires more detective work.
Of course, one has to wonder what the value in seizing bleach is, if just about everyone has it.

Matt Finn FNC -- Breaking: Chicago police confirm to @FoxNews CPD seized a bottle of bleach from #JussieSmollet apartment. Tonight police still call Smollett a victim. Suspects told detectives something that requires more detective work.
This is interesting. Not so much that they found bleach, but that I think it’s probable that this required a search warrant.

The basis of any search warrant, would likely be evidence from those two men.

I don’t think it’s super likely that his lawyer would allow it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck