Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions:
How many English adult women have ever been trafficked and never heard from or seen again?

How many convicted sex offenders/rapists/murderers of unrelated women in the U.K. have ever worked in pairs or more? (I can only think of John Duffy and David Mulcahy).

Exactly. ...and... What are the chances the suspect ( by all accounts a loner) has trafficking connections AND turns out to be a sexually deviant criminal who stalks women in the area....slim to none I would say.

I really don't think trafficking is a good fit at all for this case. In the link given by Bethp21, the people taken where 'estranged from family', ie. no-one would miss them and they were taken to Lincolnshire as slave labour. Their captor was not European either. I would think with the area it's agricultural work. Many times it's homeless people and no-one even knows they're gone. It's sometimes fellow nationals who are illegally brought into the UK and volunteer to come, there's a steady supply of them.
So Libby is not going to be taken as a slave to work in the UK somewhere, it's too high risk she would tell someone. If you think she could be taken for other purposes, then why risk someone who would be missed from a student community and a most likely caring family within hours - there are millions of women who wouldn't be missed for months or years - makes no sense.
I believe that generally, people find it hard to accept that 'ordinary' people can do terrible things or cause so much upset and a disappearance in this day and age where we have so much technology and CCTV. It's unsettling to say the least, so thinking it's an unnamed powerful organisation makes us feel better on some level. As long as it's people or a gang on the edge of our society, not right in the middle of it like ourselves. Personally, I don't think it's a logical theory.

To answer that question people are trying to work out if PR (assuming it was him for this) just pounced on an opportunity and things went from there,

Or there was some element of planning to it.

ANY element of planning then opens an entire world of possibilities.

If he was an opportunist however, the options are much narrower.

I did think this too - a few people have stated they think he passenger is wearing knee high boots - maybe he picked up a local ‘night worker??’

It was only around midnight on a Thursday night, so yes it' not as if the streets are utterly deserted at that time.

@hitthenick is our car expert to look at this x

Thanks for the tag.... Just popped in to comment on this.

What I see in this is, the alloys are still from an Astra 5 dr SXI as I have already mentioned numerous times.

A couple of other things I have recognised on this video footage at this speed.

1 - 44 seconds in the video, we can see the drivers wing mirror clearly, but looking towards the passenger side through the drivers window, I can distinctly see something small illuminated, hard to tell if its the driver or passenger but I'd pretty much say for certain it's a mobile phone screen.

2 - 1.01 minutes, the screen is still illuminated as the drivers start to turn left to move forward.

3 - 1.02 minutes, the screen isn't visible.

4 - 1.16 minutes - large light visible in the middle of the dashboard just below windscreen level to the left of the steering wheel. On an Astra, that is where the display is for the radio but it's a dull orange/yellow colour as standard, the don't have a full colour screen sat nav fitted on this model at all, it wasn't an optional extra either. Hard to say if it's a phone, sat nav or anything else but it is definitely visible.

I'd love to see the whole video at this speed if possible?

Here ya go

All of the videos run consecutively

In the first video I turn on to Beverley Road at 23:24:20 or 1 minute 50 seconds in. I slow down outside Welly on the left at 23:25:15.

In the second I turn into Beresford Avenue at 23:27:45 or 15 seconds in. Libbys bench and the adjacent bus stop can be seen on the left. I emerge from Weelesley at 23:28:55 I also nip down Haworth and up Newland.

Third is just a continuation of Newland and back on to Beverley Road and passing Welly again, this time on the right hand side

Excellent. Thanks for these, Ryuk.

I notice when you go down Haworth Street there are 2! silver Astra's of the correct model year range. Unfortunately can't see the alloy design, though.

I believe it's LS and she gets into that car with some help i might say from the driver. I believe the driver is wearing glasses plus i was told and thought that car was an Astra and i know its been mentioned on here that its 100 percent an Astra. But people still say to me it's not an Astra that's what is confusing me.

The guy that said it was An Astra had no doubt at all he was 100% sure...think he pin pointed the exact model too.

The fact that PR owned the same make and model and had one recovered by police makes me certain it was him on CCTV...and the fact Libby was last sighted at near enough the same time a passenger gets in that car makes me think it was LS too.

Would be a massive coincidence for the same kind of car to be on that street at that time when a girl goes missing and it not be the car that was taken away.

I'm assuming they got little if no forensics off it though which makes me think another car was involved in removing Libby...unless she is in the park or river.

What I see in this is, the alloys are still from an Astra 5 dr SXI as I have already mentioned numerous times.

1 - 44 seconds in the video, we can see the drivers wing mirror clearly, but looking towards the passenger side through the drivers window, I can distinctly see something small illuminated, hard to tell if its the driver or passenger but I'd pretty much say for certain it's a mobile phone screen.

2 - 1.01 minutes, the screen is still illuminated as the drivers start to turn left to move forward.

4 - 1.16 minutes - large light visible in the middle of the dashboard just below windscreen level to the left of the steering wheel. On an Astra, that is where the display is for the radio but it's a dull orange/yellow colour as standard, the don't have a full colour screen sat nav fitted on this model at all, it wasn't an optional extra either. Hard to say if it's a phone, sat nav or anything else but it is definitely visible.

Yes i see the two glowing lights too at that speed. It absolutely looks the passenger is on a phone.

I'm going to put the whole video slowed down on my tv see if anything else pops out at me.

Have any dogs been used yet? Surely they should deploy search dogs as soon as possible to track any kind of scent.

Its amazing what you see doing what I do. Masses of Polish, Romanian, Latvian and Czech people all going to work between 04:30 and 06:00 in a morning. Most are very chatty and happy.
Then after 10:00 loads of 16-25 year old unemployed and lots of retired people all complaining about how the aforementioned people are spoiling Hull.

Dont get me wrong. Its not a massively insular place. I think its more the demographic that I encounter during the hours I choose to work.

Those people find it easy to blame all of their problems on others, and people from other nations are the simplest and easiest target.
Sadly, throughout History,It has always been thus Ryuk

Do we have street workers on Beverley road? I've not seen any.
Not that I go looking before some smart Alec chimes in

Was really just talking in general, that midnight Thurs Newland/Haworth/Beverley Road area is not really note worthy to see people out, drinkers or not.

But yes granted, it isn't exactly a 'street walker' area.

I really don't think trafficking is a good fit at all for this case. In the link given by Bethp21, the people taken where 'estranged from family', ie. no-one would miss them and they were taken to Lincolnshire as slave labour. Their captor was not European either. I would think with the area it's agricultural work. Many times it's homeless people and no-one even knows they're gone. It's sometimes fellow nationals who are illegally brought into the UK and volunteer to come, there's a steady supply of them.
So Libby is not going to be taken as a slave to work in the UK somewhere, it's too high risk she would tell someone. If you think she could be taken for other purposes, then why risk someone who would be missed from a student community and a most likely caring family within hours - there are millions of women who wouldn't be missed for months or years - makes no sense.
I believe that generally, people find it hard to accept that 'ordinary' people can do terrible things or cause so much upset and a disappearance in this day and age where we have so much technology and CCTV. It's unsettling to say the least, so thinking it's an unnamed powerful organisation makes us feel better on some level. As long as it's people or a gang on the edge of our society, not right in the middle of it like ourselves. Personally, I don't think it's a logical theory.

Agree completely. The only thing that would sway me on this is if law enforcement say this is how they are leaning. I think someone mentioned this is the word among them but that’s purely conjecture at the minute.

I see exactly what you mean , something like a mobile phone and also the larger light patch

Attachments

• 43DB7B2B-1A31-4280-86F9-E5DF556169A6.png
    43DB7B2B-1A31-4280-86F9-E5DF556169A6.png
    267.9 KB · Views: 43
  • AC0748FE-A0EF-4EFB-85F6-6B19E0FF83DA.png
    AC0748FE-A0EF-4EFB-85F6-6B19E0FF83DA.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 41
The guy that said it was An Astra had no doubt at all he was 100% sure...think he pin pointed the exact model too.

The fact that PR owned the same make and model and had one recovered by police makes me certain it was him on CCTV...and the fact Libby was last sighted at near enough the same time a passenger gets in that car makes me think it was LS too.

Would be a massive coincidence for the same kind of car to be on that street at that time when a girl goes missing and it not be the car that was taken away.

I'm assuming they got little if no forensics off it though which makes me think another car was involved in removing Libby...unless she is in the park or river.
I was told too it was a Astra Mark 5 SXi but now have been told different...... scratches head.

Exactly. ...and... What are the chances the suspect ( by all accounts a loner) has trafficking connections AND turns out to be a sexually deviant criminal who stalks women in the area....slim to none I would say.

I would imagine those involved in trafficking prefer to lie low near the rocks from which they crawl, rather than stand undisguised under porch lights in front of a bunch of young women or risk getting caught stealing condoms.

I would imagine those involved in trafficking prefer to lie low near the rocks from which they crawl, rather than stand undisguised under porch lights in front of a bunch of young women or risk getting caught stealing condoms.

That's why I don't think it's anything to do with trafficking. The simplest solution is usually the correct one. She's been murdered by the suspect or another person and they've not found her body yet. Some murder victims are never found.

Agree completely. The only thing that would sway me on this is if law enforcement say this is how they are leaning. I think someone mentioned this is the word among them but that’s purely conjecture at the minute.

No, someone said they'd spoken to a reporter from the Hull Mail in the park and he was thinking that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss