CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for the new trial! My gut says Adnan is guilty, but there's no doubt in my mind that his original trial was ridiculously flawed.

Also just listened to Serial and I’m 99.999% sure he’s guilty. Here’s my theory: Adnan got dumped and put on a brave face. I did the same thing nearly two years later. You remain “friends” because you dilute your mind into thinking ‘oh she’ll come back when she doesn’t find anything better’. Except she did and this is where our stories separate.

My theory is that somehow he stumbled across the story of the Asian woman raped and strangled by RLM and came up with his plan. He killed Hae and used Jay to get rid of the body by threatening him with going to the cops with the drug dealing. He knew, as is pretty obvious, that Jay was as soft as can be and wouldn't flip on him. Except the cops gave Jay a sweetheart deal because they realized that Adnan was, and is still to this day, manipulative sociopath that will use anyone and anything he can to get himself out of trouble.

There's no way he didn’t do it. No one else, including RLM, had the means, motive and opportunity to commit the crime. Not in that time frame

Too far fetched and it is impossible to say there's no way he didn't do it
unless you were there and witnessed the event. There were thousands of people who had the means and opportunity to commit the crime. Your motive is pure speculation. They had both moved on. Twisting things like the state did to get their conviction. Anyone satisfied with this conviction should place themselves, kids or friends in Adnan's shoes and evaluate. There is no evidence to convict Adnan.

Personally I think he did it too, but now since he is so religious people find it hard to believe he did it.

To me, this is just untrue.

Religion is meaningless, to me. And it certainly does not play a part in this case.

To me, the bottom line is that I don't believe he was given a fair trial.

If he gets a fair trial now, then justice is served - convicted or exonerated - a fair trial.

Everyone deserves that.

For me Hae's pager records hold the key to this case. As far as I can find out neither the police or defence or anyone backing Adnan as being innocent, have produced these records. They must exist or have existed some where! the pager was never found , imo the killer took and disposed of it because it would have been evidence pointing to the killer.

Has Adnan ever taken a polygraph and if not why not?

There was blood on Hae's black skirt , has this ever been tested I cannot find any record of it

I do find it incredible that Adnan has such little recollection of what he did on that day , afterall it't not every day your newly ex girlfriend goes missing , you would expect him to have been able to remember that day in particular.....

Who killed Hae Min Lee?

NINTCHDBPICT000133245182-e1545335955725.jpg

not sure how to amend my post on here? but I believe it was on the stripped t shirt that used to belong to her brother that she then used as a car rag that the blood was found and it was a match for Hae , the presumption is it got there when she was strangled in her car.

Also I am now reading about doubt that Hae had a pager at that time

not sure how to amend my post on here? but I believe it was on the stripped t shirt that used to belong to her brother that she then used as a car rag that the blood was found and it was a match for Hae , the presumption is it got there when she was strangled in her car.

Also I am now reading about doubt that Hae had a pager at that time

I haven’t heard that she didn’t have a pager! I thought that was certain?

That HBO documentary will likely be biased. I'll be interested in somehow seeing it, but I am certain he is guilty. How else would Jay know where the car was, yet be accounted for in the afternoon hours when she is believed to be murdered. It's all so obvious, but people want to inject so much noise, like they did with OJ Simpson, that it eventually reverses the truth.

That HBO documentary will likely be biased. I'll be interested in somehow seeing it, but I am certain he is guilty. How else would Jay know where the car was, yet be accounted for in the afternoon hours when she is believed to be murdered. It's all so obvious, but people want to inject so much noise, like they did with OJ Simpson, that it eventually reverses the truth.

I'm leaning towards his guilt too, his lack of alibi , the way he answered the difficult questions on the podcast and how he doesn't even seem angry he has spent years in prison for something he allegedly didn't do.

Almost a year after Adnan Syed, the subject of Serial’s popular first season, was granted a new trial for his alleged involvement in the murder of his former girlfriend, Maryland’s highest court has reversed the decision. A 4-to-3 vote from the Court of Appeals determined the state’s lower court was incorrect in declaring Syed’s counsel “ineffective” during his original trial 20 years ago. The Court of Appeals also disputed Syed was met with prejudice during his trial, due to the evidence that was presented. “Given the totality of the evidence the jury heard, we conclude that there is not a significant or substantial possibility that the verdict would have been different had trial counsel presented” an alibi witness, a Judge wrote in his official ruling. Syed’s attorney, C. Justin Brown, said he is “devastated” by the decision and will continue to explore other “avenues of relief” for his client. “Our criminal justice system is desperately in need of reform,” he added. “The obstacles to getting a new trial are simply too great.”

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/serials-adnan-syed-denied-new-trial.html

The Case Against Adnan Syed' Spoilers: What Happened With Adnan's Appeal?

"Did Baltimore teenager Adnan Syed really kill his girlfriend, Hae Min Lee, in 1999? If he didn’t, then why has he spent almost two decades in jail? Why did Syed seemingly not receive a fair trial? Even more importantly, if he was wrongfully accused, then who’s the real killer?

These are the provocative questions that made Sarah Koenig’s Serial podcast a global sensation in 2014, essentially launching a cultural obsession with true crime in the years since.

The mystery behind this real-life murder case is also at the forefront of a new four-part HBO documentary series from Oscar-nominated director Amy Berg called The Case Against Adnan Syed, and it began airing this past Sunday on HBO....
The New York Times reported on March 8, 2019 — just two days before the first episode aired — that Maryland’s Court of Appeals ruled in a 4-to-3 decision against a 2018 ruling from the Maryland Court of Special Appeals that Syed had received ineffective legal counsel in the original trial and that the conviction should be vacated.

Translation? Adnan’s lawyer C. Justin Brown won the case in two lower courts, but Maryland’s highest court undid the decision.

The Court of Appeals agreed that Adnan’s original defense attorney, Maria Cristina Gutierrez, erred by not calling Asia McClain as a witness who may have provided an alibi. But they were convinced that even with that testimony, there was still enough evidence for a conviction....

Adnan’s lawyer C. Justin Brown criticized the judicial system in a March 8 statement and said, “We are devastated by the Court of Appeals’ decision but we will not give up on Adnan Syed.” The only other option is to pursue an appeal in federal court, which should happen in time....

The Case Against Adnan Syed continues Sunday, March 17 on HBO at 9 p.m. Eastern."

'The Case Against Adnan Syed' Spoilers: What Happened With Adnan's Appeal? | Inverse
---

State of Maryland v. Adnan Syed

Filed: March 8, 2019

https://www.courts.state.md.us/data/opinions/coa/2019/24a18.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics