Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm only new on this..i have been following this case here in NI..and the thing is if he did steal sex toys and underwear then where were they hidden? Or has he got somewhere else he keeps these things..?! Because what would be your explanation to your wife if you brought these home? Its not just one or two i read its been quite a few..As for LS I don't think it was premeditated..i think an opportunity has arose and he's went with it. I do think maybe they have met before..and I was thinking gym..and that L has felt safe with a friendly face..hence turning the other guys lift down before, sorry if this has been spoken about before I just cant get her out of my head.. I hope she is found soon!

Hi Cc8181. I think he could definitely hide those things in his home or garden. The house seems to have an attic room that might be his own private space. I thought that maybe he has a boring hobby that he uses for cover and his wife just doesn't go near that stuff.
The garden also seems to have sheds, decking and an area at the back with junk. He could have a box out there or something hidden under the decking and his wife never uses tools or has reason to look. So many killers and even non-criminals have secret lives they keep from spouses.
Just one example . The 'BTK' killer kept souvenirs ( underwear) in his house from the women he murdered over 17 years whilst living with his family.

Woman listens to serial killer's emergency phone call and realises it's her dad

It just seems mighty fishy that his sister was so quick with the nonsensical 'she threw herself at him' defence and the additional satnav detail.
Something made the police arrest this guy. His car matches the one in cobweb cctv (doesn't it?), it was parked 10m away from where Libby was last seen and it appears that a woman wearing a skirt and short jacket got into it.
I think I agree with a previous poster who suggested the police charged him with the knicker stealing/flashing/burgling stuff just to get him into custody. He may not be the flasher, but they don't care, as long as they've got him under their control, because perhaps they see him as a flight risk.
It does appear that the passenger is holding a lit up mobile phone, which presumably belongs to the driver. It would make sense that he got her to put her address into his phone if he's pretending to be a kosher cab driver (i.e. he 'has' to have a record of his movements or whatever). If we're right and she had no way of getting into her house, the only address that makes sense for her to input is the Welly, so she could get hold of her friends. So if he drove her back to the Welly, she'd be confident he's going the right way... until he then veers off to Pearson Park. He could have done something terrible to her there, left her and what with the freezing temperatures... I don't want to end the sentence.

Last edited:
Good point ched.

Don't forget by time they arrested him Libby had been missing 6 days.

Any scratches and scrapes might have started to heal or could be explained away by any manner of reasons.

Dog scratched me, kids scratched me, wife scratched me, I was gardening etc....

I'd imagine they would have to find Libbys DNA in those scratches or his DNA under her fingernails for them to prove she scratched him.

Last edited:
It just seems mighty fishy that his sister was so quick with the nonsensical 'she threw herself at him' defence and the additional satnav detail.
Something made the police arrest this guy. His car matches the one in cobweb cctv (doesn't it?), it was parked 10m away from where Libby was last seen and it appears that a woman wearing a skirt and short jacket got into it.
I think I agree with a previous poster who suggested the police charged him with the knicker stealing/flashing/burgling stuff just to get him into custody. He may not be the flasher, but they don't care, as long as they've got him under their control, because perhaps they see him as a flight risk.
It does appear that the passenger is holding a lit up mobile phone, which presumably belongs to the driver. It would make sense that he got her to put her address into his phone if he's pretending to be a kosher cab driver (i.e. he has to have a record of his movements or whatever). If we're right and she had no way of getting into her house, the only address that makes sense for her to input is the Welly, so she could get hold of her friends. So if he drove her back to the Welly, she'd be confident he's going the right way... until he then veers off to Pearson Park. He could have done something terrible to her there, left her and what with the freezing temperatures... I don't want to end the sentence.

Pretty sure they think he's the flasher...they surely wouldn't charge him without evidence.

Whether he's found guilty or not is a different story but they would have to be pretty stupid to charge him with something they know he didn't do.

I think they charged him to keep him off the streets in the hope they find Libby or more evidence that he was involved but very much doubt they charged him without evidence of everything else.

Pretty sure they think he's the flasher...they surely wouldn't charge him without evidence.

Whether he's found guilty or not is a different story but they would have to be pretty stupid to charge him with something they know he didn't do.

I think they charged him to keep him off the streets in the hope they find Libby or more evidence that he was involved but very much doubt they charged him without evidence of everything else.
it’s just the Boxing Day one seemed most likely because of the efit etc but in the end that one was taken off the charge list

it’s just the Boxing Day one seemed most likely because of the efit etc but in the end that one was taken off the charge list

Suspect there was a tactical reason for that one.

Or maybe there was no DNA evidence at scene and they thought the cartoon efit wouldn't stick...it was a bit out there wasn't it.

Hi Cc8181. I think he could definitely hide those things in his home or garden. The house seems to have an attic room that might be his own private space. I thought that maybe he has a boring hobby that he uses for cover and his wife just doesn't go near that stuff.
The garden also seems to have sheds, decking and an area at the back with junk. He could have a box out there or something hidden under the decking and his wife never uses tools or has reason to look. So many killers and even non-criminals have secret lives they keep from spouses.
Just one example . The 'BTK' killer kept souvenirs ( underwear) in his house from the women he murdered over 17 years whilst living with his family.

Woman listens to serial killer's emergency phone call and realises it's her dad
I just read this! OMG shocking!! Imagine finding out it was your dad who did these murders!!!

4 police vans, a police car and police dogs......

For reports of 2 women having an argument!!

Nice to see that humberside police have the abundance of staff and resources to allocate so many officers to such a relatively minor event.
Austerity and cuts obviously not impacting them quite as badly as some areas

Yeah, I was thinking this after I wrote that. They can't charge someone without the CPS thinking there's a good chance of a conviction, so scrap that theory.

Nice to see that humberside police have the abundance of staff and resources to allocate so many officers to such a relatively minor event.
Yes very weird. It could show that they're on their toes. Still expecting something to happen and by that response, something big?

Hi. I know this may have been discussed, and doesn't alter anything but do you think the grey bearded man who offered Libby help phoned the police at the time? If he gave a description of a vulnerable drunk person it would explain why it was a missing person inquiry so soon.

Hi. I know this may have been discussed, and doesn't alter anything but do you think the grey bearded man who offered Libby help phoned the police at the time? If he gave a description of a vulnerable drunk person it would explain why it was a missing person inquiry so soon.
personally, no , as she had told him she was ok plus I presume they would have his details but they appealed to him to come forward afterwards

Do we know what PR's alibi is for the time he says he left Libby, after dropping her off?

It just can't be a coincidence that the last person to have seen her alive was a total weirdo with serious issues, but did exactly that. Dropped her off and went on his merry way.

I just read this! OMG shocking!! Imagine finding out it was your dad who did these murders!!!

And he was to all appearances, a 'family man'. Involved in church and community roles, kept down a job. He even taunted the police for years.

They wouldn't hold one back to re-charge with on the off-chance he's found innocent of the initial charges would they?

Suppose it depends how busy they are at that particular time. If there's units on duty and not doing anything they may think they may as well send them somewhere. They can always divert them somewhere else if needed. Suppose Sundays are much quieter than Friday or Saturday evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288