Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's that. Glad they came but looking at that snow on the ground they could have walked over anything but a body!
Where are you Savannah?
I'd love to see Toney and the Cajuns return after the weather warms again. His heart was truly into finding Savannah!
I would love to see all the locals raise some funds for him to return! Bake sales, dinners, 50/50 raffles.

I didn’t put much faith in this most recent search. They were mostly searching over area that’s already been searched. I really think the family needs to organize their own group and maybe search outside the county, basically just to do more eliminating of area. Crystal Rogers family did a really good job with getting searches organized. Her dad was confident that they’d search all of the county she lived in, as well as all of the surrounding counties.
I understand and respect that SS’s family is trusting LE but it might be time to try and get their own group going. Unfortunately, it’s not easy to coordinate something like that and it takes a LOT of time.

the friend interviewed for the daily mail stated she hadn't 'spoken to' savannah since new years, yet she seems to have great insight on how savannah felt that night. it was like she was texting her things the night she went missing? does that count as 'spoken to'?

the friend interviewed for the daily mail stated she hadn't 'spoken to' savannah since new years, yet she seems to have great insight on how savannah felt that night. it was like she was texting her things the night she went missing? does that count as 'spoken to'?

She could have been basing it off of conversations she had with her before. I'm a little distrustful of the DM. I think they get creative with quotes.

Ohio group heads home after Savannah Spurlock search

Feb 16, 2019

"GARRARD COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - The sun set on another search for Savannah Spurlock. A search group from Ohio is headed back home Saturday night after spending the day in Garrard County searching for the missing Richmond mother of four. There was no sign of her.

"But, at least we know where she's not," David Rader, with the Ohio chapter of Texas Equusearch, said...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m kind of wondering if maybe something was misinterpreted as well. Most likely, she probably would’ve still had Medicaid or passport from previous pregnancies. The state actually does a good job with providing insurance for mothers and they make the process fairly simple. I hate the daily mail lol
Perhaps I did not read closely enough (it's early and no coffee yet!), but is it possible that the misinterpretation was not about having twins but about when the birth occurred? Maybe it was much earlier than expected, and she just wasn't prepared/in denial? I remember something from possibly thread 2 or 3 where it said that the twins were at the hospital for a while after the birth, and we know that early births are common with multiples. She might have been surprised and overwhelmed if she expected to have another month or two to prepare?

Feb 16, 2019

"GARRARD COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - The sun set on another search for Savannah Spurlock. A search group from Ohio is headed back home Saturday night after spending the day in Garrard County searching for the missing Richmond mother of four. There was no sign of her.

"But, at least we know where she's not," David Rader, with the Ohio chapter of Texas Equusearch, said...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But the Texas group remains, correct?

Texas Equusearch Ohio / Midwest Chapter

Savannah Spurlock search update. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the community that came out to help in our search today for Savannah. Unfortunately we did not locate her, but we will discuss with law enforcement and make a decision regarding any further searches. We will not be having a search tomorrow Sunday for Savannah.

Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. And watch our Facebook page for further updates.

Thank you for your support
Just so sad that SS hasn't been found. She needs to come home....those babies need their momma.

My 1st WS post ! I've been reading here forever.

- My heart aches for those babies and for Savannahs family. I'm trying to think positive but its been too long, imo.
A few questions if any one knows. When it's reported her phone was turned off at 8:30 a.m. Do they mean literally by hand turned off? or shut off / battery died?
Also, LE would have checked the phone pings of the 3 men that left with Savannah , right?
I just wonder if she even made it to the house.

- My heart aches for those babies and for Savannahs family. I'm trying to think positive but its been too long, imo.
A few questions if any one knows. When it's reported her phone was turned off at 8:30 a.m. Do they mean literally by hand turned off? or shut off / battery died?
Also, LE would have checked the phone pings of the 3 men that left with Savannah , right?

There is no way of knowing if the phone was turned off or battery died without the actual phone. Moo

And welcome to websleuths!

Welcome! It was first noted IIRC by SS's mother when she didn't return home and she needed the car to go to work herself. I don't think it's been released as to how it went straight to vm, could have been by any of the reasons you outlined.

LE has released little information about the men SS was with that night. They have spoken to them, searched a home, and towed a vehicle belonging to one of them. That's all I know.

Not really replying to any specific comment but I believe the article about finding some clothing or something similar it jives with police looking out for the other specific items. I want to know if the mom was 100% sure it was SS on facetime. This would make me more comfortable about thinking someone harmed her at the bar and impersonated SS to throw off the crime scene and change the story line. Most guys at bars are looking for a hookup and several would take a girl home. This is not probable but if a friend killed her on purpose or on accident in the restroom of the bar, stripped her and tossed the body in a dumpster then wore her outfit and went home with men, as another friend followed and picked her up. Then they even could drop some evidence in that area. This is only plausible if it was not SS in those surveillance pics or on FaceTime. Otherwise, someones named SS was arrested sometime in DEC. Was this before or after the births? Anyone know what the arrest was for. Would it be a reason for her to disappear? Sorry again for the alternative possibilities. Just being devil's advocate. I don't really think the imposter thing happened but people can be capable of some strange things.
I have a hard time believing she died in the bar and someone was able to dispose of/hide her body and not be found out by bar staff

I don't have much to report back, I'm afraid. Not only are there disclosures about specifics, but the cold just got too much for me and I had to go hang out at a friend's house in Paint Lick. Still...

When the search started this morning, it was super cold. Also a difficult drive to Lancaster because the roads were icy and some hadn't been cleared off yet. There weren't many there when the search first started. I've seen searchers with a lot more people. I was disappointed at first, but it got better. A lot more people started trickling in. For some, this was the first time they'd participated in a search. ATVs weren't allowed because of the ground and safety hazards. People signed disclosures and instructions were given out. It started at the church, but some left and were sent to a different area. I don't know where that was since those instructions were given privately. Cell phone pings were talked about and we were told that's one of the reasons why we were starting where we were. It wasn't a random starting point, though the church did give a good central meeting point (and place to park). We could leave nothing behind. If you smoked, you needed to hold onto your butts and not throw them down. Don't spit out any chewing gum. Don't litter at ALL. It was VERY difficult walking over the ground at first. There wasn't a lot of snow, maybe just an inch or so, but the ground was slick. Even in snow boots I was sliding all over the place. The walking was extremely slow going. We had to kind of stay together. If anyone found anything, they had to signal one of the admin over. We were told that nothing should be considered insignificant. Things to look for included clothing, jewelry, accessories and, as one person put it, "human biological matter." (Male or female for all.) While it wasn't right out said, this was conveyed as a recovery search.

I lasted for an hour. It started warming up but I couldn't stay out any longer. I have Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and sometimes the cold just seeps right inside. My husband stayed, though. He said that as the morning wore on and the ground softened and temperature rose, more people showed up. Some had trouble getting out of their driveways this morning so that delayed quite a few. (We did as well. The roads around my house weren't cleared until you got into town.) When he left there were still people looking. That was at about 2:30. They will most likely stay until dark. He would've stayed, too, but he's been out on one search or another almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Only 3 days off. He's starting to get sick.

Seems like people did have a few discoveries here and there, but nothing that had anyone getting really excited. :-( That doesn't mean that nothing of significance was found, though. I don't know about the ones who were on a different grid. Once they left, I didn't see them again.

Oh,and for those who asked...yes, the shoulder of the road was checked. Ravines, culverts, etc.

I have heard that other, smaller and private, search groups have been out as well. Those weren't affiliated with the state or Texas Equusearch so I can't comment on those. I don't know anything about them.

There was talk about trying to organize another one tomorrow since the weather got people off to a rough start today. There was confusion over whether they were still having it today. Maybe some didn't come because they thought it was going to be called off. (I thought it might be, myself, since there was a pretty good layer of snow on the ground around 4am.) They may have another one to try to get the ATVs out.

Sorry I don't have anything else to report. :-( I know this doesn't answer many questions. It might help give you an idea of what the day was like, though. Those who were there were passionate about what they were doing. Everyone appeared to be taking it very seriously.

IMO, more local businesses and civic groups should get involved with this. Volunteers of all kinds are needed in this kind of situation, MOO. Not just people literally walking the ground. Those providing snacks, drinks, hand warmers,etc. In some ways, they're just as important. Oh, yes, and bathrooms were provided. The church did a GREAT job.

Thanks for sharing this, I found it very interesting. You said you searched in a specific area because of cell phone pings. Can you tell me if those pings were from Savannah's phone or the men's phone? Do you have a feeling as to which phone or phones it would have been from if they didn't tell you?

Perhaps I did not read closely enough (it's early and no coffee yet!), but is it possible that the misinterpretation was not about having twins but about when the birth occurred? Maybe it was much earlier than expected, and she just wasn't prepared/in denial? I remember something from possibly thread 2 or 3 where it said that the twins were at the hospital for a while after the birth, and we know that early births are common with multiples. She might have been surprised and overwhelmed if she expected to have another month or two to prepare?

Anything is possible! Idk what to believe from that article. I have a hard time believing that had no idea she was pregnant with multiples until the babies were born. Especially since women usually start showing earlier during subsequent pregnancies and with multiples.

so lets say that Savannah went out and had a good time, for the first time in awhile, considering she had just had the twins weeks ago. Maybe her friend was more 'well versed' at partying/drinking since she hadn't just stopped doing so for 9 months and was ready to leave. Savannah, on the other hand, was having fun for the first time in awhile (she is SO young after all) and didn't want the evening to end. Didn't want to go back to 'reality' to crying babies and toddlers and living with her mom. So she decided to stay out and hang with people she didn't know but who seemed nice and safe and assured her she would be ok and they would take her home. On the way 'home' her mom called. At first she puts it through to VM and continues the fun, i mean she IS going home and going to see her mom very soon after all....however, sometime during the journey she has second thoughts and facetimes her mom back. Maybe the facetime is really a cry for help - a way (in her mind) to document who she is with - because she has realized this is all a big mistake. They aren't taking her home....

I am surprised we haven't heard more about the investigation into the 3 people who were confirmed by LE to be the last 3 people to have seen her. Why haven't THEY asked where she is? I mean they are innocent right? If they aren't POI's then WHY NOT? Aren't they likely to have the best info on anything about what happened to her and/or her state of mind that night? Seems strange that no one has talked about this case to LE. I mean are these super sophisticated criminals? Just regular average joe's ? I don't think anyone believes she just walked away from their house in the middle of the night, right? especially since her phone was on until 8:30 am. ALL MOO

Welcome! I was wondering that too.

Welcome Heaven Leigh!
I had asked the same question about the phone being turned off earlier. I think if LE stated the phone was turned off, then it was not because the battery had died.
A poster said they would know the difference, but I don't know how.
With some phones, like an iPhone, the phone will not ring at all but go straight to voicemail if the battery is dead.
Some say that if the phone is turned off, it will ring and then go to voicemail, and there may be a message saying the person you called is out of reach. But I think that happens when there is no service also.
So if LE stated it was was turned off, I'm assuming they know the difference. Imo

Anything is possible! Idk what to believe from that article. I have a hard time believing that had no idea she was pregnant with multiples until the babies were born. Especially since women usually start showing earlier during subsequent pregnancies and with multiples.
I have never heard of a case where there were twins and the ultrasound failed to detect it. Unless a baby has four arms and legs, I don't see how it could be possible. Imo

so lets say that Savannah went out and had a good time, for the first time in awhile, considering she had just had the twins weeks ago. Maybe her friend was more 'well versed' at partying/drinking since she hadn't just stopped doing so for 9 months and was ready to leave. Savannah, on the other hand, was having fun for the first time in awhile (she is SO young after all) and didn't want the evening to end. Didn't want to go back to 'reality' to crying babies and toddlers and living with her mom. So she decided to stay out and hang with people she didn't know but who seemed nice and safe and assured her she would be ok and they would take her home. On the way 'home' her mom called. At first she puts it through to VM and continues the fun, i mean she IS going home and going to see her mom very soon after all....however, sometime during the journey she has second thoughts and facetimes her mom back. Maybe the facetime is really a cry for help - a way (in her mind) to document who she is with - because she has realized this is all a big mistake. They aren't taking her home....

I am surprised we haven't heard more about the investigation into the 3 people who were confirmed by LE to be the last 3 people to have seen her. Why haven't THEY asked where she is? I mean they are innocent right? If they aren't POI's then WHY NOT? Aren't they likely to have the best info on anything about what happened to her and/or her state of mind that night? Seems strange that no one has talked about this case to LE. I mean are these super sophisticated criminals? Just regular average joe's ? I don't think anyone believes she just walked away from their house in the middle of the night, right? especially since her phone was on until 8:30 am. ALL MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks