OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy for RN and not FW is because RN did something illegal before the murders, but they can only get FW doing something illegal after the murders.

They always overcharge people also. All they got FW on is lying about the BP vests, that's it. They have made 2 charges out of it. If her lawyer can convince the jury that she misunderstood the question, or really did answer it as best she could, then she will be acquitted of lying under oath and both charges will be dropped.

I know it's not what people want to hear but I think she has a good chance of beating her charges.

I think Rita should take a plea. Guilty to forgery but drop other charges for probation.....My 2 Cents.....

BBM--that's my point. How could FW be the mastermind if her only charges are for incidents that happened after the murders? If she was part of the murders themselves then she would be charged with conspiracy.

Adams County Common Pleas Court - Record Search

ADAMS County Ohio Court of Common Pleas. Google it if link doesn't work. GW and TW Dissolution with children...filed 11/26/14 by GW and Magistrate decision filed 1/21/15 Marriage Dissolved.

It is my OPINION, from all I have learned, that the Xanax incident was when TB brought her second baby over to AWs home to visit BW, the baby's stepbrother; TW left the baby alone with AW for a few minutes while she visited BW. After TW got home, her baby became lethargic and would not take its bottle. She took it to the hospital immediately and they found the drug in the baby's system and charged the mother. She later regained custody of the baby.

Now, everyone can make a decision based on one "heard" story posted by Johnny B B or this one, "the other side of the story".

Or the Moderators can delete both.

Is there a link to court records detailing that incident or news media?

Your correct on your theory ann99! Very interesting, good call.
2 Counts of the Wagner 's Indictments do encompass November 2014.

Count #19...Tampering with Evidence.
Dates are listed as July 1st, 2014 through May 9th, 2017.
https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/20b6zw25c06qn5xt/images/26-e7476944fa.jpg

And Count #20...Interception of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communications.
Dates are listed again as July 1st, 2014 through May 9th 2017.
https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/20b6zw25c06qn5xt/images/27-fece5361ef.jpg

Thankx to you pointing it out, it now looks to me (2 Cents) like both brothers were plotting together to eventually gain custody of their kids starting way back in 2014 when they started heavily spying on the Rhodens. I bet it was the 2 brothers who started the surveillance and did most, if not all, of the stalking/spying/surveillance. :mad::confused:
I don't understand how any actions done by a defendant before the crimes can be charged as tampering with evidence. In 2014 there were no murder victim's, so no case to tamper with. Anything done before the murders date would be straight up hacking or theft of identity, wouldn't it?

Do you know what county or city would have that record?

I remember reading about it on a newspaper website or the court record iirc. There was also a *** site where she was asking for funds to help her with the custody. Jmo. Moo. Iirc.
That's the only place I remember reading it, T's own words on the funding site. It wasn't up for very long.

I don't know why your name would be unusual in the South. I am from the South and neither the first or second word of your screen name would be unusual to me, my friends or relatives. What is so different in/about the South?

I do know people named Barry in the South, North, East and West. I do not know anyone with the other name in the country but I thought it might be just me. However, a Google Search shows that it is rarely if ever used.

I know it's in the Urban Dictionary from a Video Game tho. I won't c/p that tho.

jmo. moo.
BBM

In my part of the country we have names like Billy Jack and Bobby Joe and Bobby Sue. lol. But I would say the most common names around here is Johnathan, Jason, Tracy (both male and female) and Jessica. I don't think a child would ever be named B here in cow country. Although a few men are called Bull around here but that speaks to their stubborn and hard headed nature rather than a nickname. Buddy and Bud would be the most popular nicknames for men. Yeehaw.

What is so different in/about the South?
Laissez les bons temps rouler Jean Claude! I couldn't resist. A little lightness for you Jonas.

Last edited:
I believe JW knew K was not his. Claiming she might be made it look like he and HR were on good terms and therefore he would not do this. Had she turned out to be his it would have been "icing on the cake" for their endeavors.
Looks like a pattern of a evil family!

Sure does. As we uncover the past, and what may have happened, it becomes more evil

Thanks for confirmation on the dates.
It was going to bother me all day long.
Our thinking is similar, but I put the plotting on AW.

Following is rambling supposition, speculation, my opinion.

Seems to me that AW wanted total control of her grandchildren, children of her sons, GW4 and Jake.
And the “men” went along with the plan.

How might this need by AW to have custody of these children fit in with AW plan to move to Alaska.
I could never gauge how long before 4/22 AW had talked about moving to Alaska. But it eventually proved to be a serious discussion. They did move to Alaska. And the 4 + 2 of them did a whole lot to make it possible.
We know this required legal documentation at the border to indicate GW4 & Jake had legal custody of the children & requirement was fulfilled
Were they moving to Alaska to get away from FW who was holding all the property and money and not “sharing” as AW and Billy may have though was fair?
Idk, just trying to figure out this Alaska aspect. It seemed drastic and dramatic.

If the newborn baby had turned out to be Jakes child...
Wondering how that would have changed the plans...

Finally FW and AW both appear to be very strong willed women who might not get along well with each other in family power struggles. Unless they absolutely had to work together for a common goal.

I just don’t see what FW was going to gain from this huge plan or plot. Unless FW was happy to see all of them leave town permanently.
Does anyone know or have a reason to speculate as to AW relationship with RW (if it is allowed)
I’ll bet it was not good
FW didn’t go to Alaska too, did she?
If she did, my theory needs more work
I don't see this as being a result of Angie wanting control of her grandchildren. If she wanted more kids she is young enough to have them. She was 45 years old at the time of the murders. Many women have children into their late 40's and early 50's. In 2013 she would have been 42 years old. She could have had 2 kids of her own between 2013 and 2016 if she wanted control of more kids.

Only Jake was personally involved with the R's.

Think about your own spouse if you have one. Think about the relationship between his/her parents and your own parents. Most in-laws don't meet until the wedding and the relationship after the marriage is often not close at all. They barely know each other. It would be your spouse who knows them well and is the most involved with them and their lives, not your parents. I cannot even see Fred and Rita having any relationship with Chris and Dana other than saying hello when they saw them.

Jake is at the center of this whole thing and it is my belief he is the driving force behind it all. He was the only one who had anything to gain by the murders of the R's.

JMO

Is there a link to court records detailing that incident or news media?
Betty , I think this is what you are looking for
The case is a dissolution the number is below

Adams County Common Pleas Court
Sign In
Case Information: DRC20140497

If you can’t work with the number, put in Wagner and scroll thru - there is one George Wagner for dissolution. The case # should match.
What comes up is a case fill.
You have to click on journal entries (top of page to the side
The info. is minimal. Dates are important
The newest Custody claim is on here. It is a continuation of the dissolution
But I can’t figure out if it pertains to B . It must. Where is the case on the new baby?

Like some have said on here, the wags should’ve planned the before and after part as well as they planned the actual acts.

They were amateurs at this

I was just watching Investigation Discovery. They had a Walmart receipt. By scanning the bar code on it they pulled up the camera video showing the entrance just before the purchase and one over the top of the register at the time of the purchase. So, a Walmart receipt can definitely show evidence of purchases used in crimes. A Lowes receipt showed the time and video when more things were purchased to commit the crime.... Little things mean a lot...

BBM--that's my point. How could FW be the mastermind if her only charges are for incidents that happened after the murders? If she was part of the murders themselves then she would be charged with conspiracy.

According to his attorney,
GW3 is the one being accused of being the mastermind.
There is one way Fred could have been involved with the murders before they occurred---without getting charged---she simply didn't get caught. No evidence to link her.

If she did know about the murder plan ahead of time I think it was more along the lines of her giving her approval, and then the 4 Wagners equally plotted and planned together.

The mastermind is the one who thought the solution to getting SW away from the
Rhodens ---was to commit multiple murders. Someone had to be the FIRST TO SAY IT.
.....My 2 Cents.....

I don't understand how any actions done by a defendant before the crimes can be charged as tampering with evidence. In 2014 there were no murder victim's, so no case to tamper with. Anything done before the murders date would be straight up hacking or theft of identity, wouldn't it?

The custody documents were forged before the crime but are considered Tampering with Evidence because the Wags knew a crime was going to happen and knew there would be an investigation, so they tampered with the custody documents to help mislead and hinder the investigation.

The Wagner's knew there would be an investigation after the murders and burglaries, so before the murders they Tampered with Evidence, meaning they got rid of and destroyed and concealed-- all evidence they thought would be discovered during the investigation linking them to the crimes.

This involves all physical and digital evidence that they had been using in preparing for the crimes.

Their indictments on Evidence Tampering covers the dates from January 1st 2016, through May 17, 2017. Tampering with Evidence before-- during-- and after.

Tampering with Evidence: Ohio Criminal Law | Jeff Hastings | Criminal Civil Defense Law Attorney Cleveland Ohio

Last edited:
Betty , I think this is what you are looking for
The case is a dissolution the number is below
Adams County Common Pleas Court
Case Information: DRC20140497

If you can’t work with the number, put in Wagner and scroll thru - there is one George Wagner for dissolution. The case # should match.
What comes up is a case file
You have to click on journal entries (top of page to the side)
The info. is minimal. Dates are important
The newest Custody claim is on here. It is a continuation of the dissolution
But I can’t figure out if it pertains to B . It must.
Where is the case on the new baby?

Sorry. I didn’t word this well. I’m out and about and trying to do too many things at once. I may be off base in what is being discussed here. George4 ex wife T. who had the baby B? Right?
Look in this dissolution file to see the new name of T that you need to use to search for anything in the Court system for the new baby. Was it a girl? I believe the place of residence was in West Portsmouth, so Scioto County for a record search. ? I believe the child was born in October 2016. Since minor children have records sealed, there may not be anything other than a file.
Can we say the new last name of T?
That would make it easier.
There is a printed birth record giving names.
Can I link that? It just gives date of birth, location and parents names. One sentence.

If SW custody documents hadn't been forged then she would have been in her forever home for 3 years. SW's family would likely be alive as well.

SW didn't need her dad to step up and protect her. Her mother and her mothers family had already been protecting her. They shared SW with her dad and his family. Most parents want their child to be loved and do what is best for the child.

It takes a very cold hearted dad to allegedly murder their daughters mom much less all of the family. Then dad and his family go to jail facing the death penalty and leave her alone. Allegedly.

Two children lives are ruined.

If I was her remaining family I would never agree to taking the death penalty off the table. If they did it, then they all 4 deserve it.

jmo.

I think that the 2014 date could be possibly be around the time frame that one, or both, W boys' relationships started deteriorating. Just thoughts from browsing.

I don't see this as being a result of Angie wanting control of her grandchildren. If she wanted more kids she is young enough to have them. She was 45 years old at the time of the murders. Many women have children into their late 40's and early 50's. In 2013 she would have been 42 years old. She could have had 2 kids of her own between 2013 and 2016 if she wanted control of more kids.

Raisinisback,
What you say may be true.
The way I see it. AW had two grown sons. Her desire was to move to Alaska. My opinion, I really don’t think she wanted to go thru pregnancy again. I doubt Billy would be on board with that either. AW & BW do not seem to be that healthy - to be new parents. And grandchildren are very special to Grandma’s and GreatGrandmas. So as I see it FW and AW wanted those children. A boy and a girl.

According to his attorney,
GW3 is the one being accused of being the mastermind.
There is one way Fred could have been involved with the murders before they occurred---without getting charged---she simply didn't get caught. No evidence to link her.

If she did know about the murder plan ahead of time I think it was more along the lines of her giving her approval, and then the 4 Wagners equally plotted and planned together.

The mastermind is the one who thought the solution to getting SW away from the
Rhodens ---was to commit multiple murders. Someone had to be the FIRST TO SAY IT.
.....My 2 Cents.....
The purchase of th bulletproof vest will tell if FW is involved time and date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads