IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself it is a case of not wanting to believe he would do such a thing.
He didn't need to to draw attention to hate crime.
Plus he seemed like such a decent caring person. He has done a lot for various charities.
He bought a wheelchair equipped van for a child with no legs.
Probably silly,but I'm still holding out hope that the two men lied to save their own skin.
And still waiting for proof that he is guilty. IMO
It is beginning to look like we may need some proof that he is innocent....MOO

It is beginning to look like we may need some proof that he is innocent....MOO
That’s where I’m at, and I definitely don’t see a viable path to that end.

I don’t want to believe that someone would do something like this, but that’s beside the point.

The facts paint a damning picture.

Speaking for myself it is a case of not wanting to believe he would do such a thing.
He didn't need to to draw attention to hate crime.
Plus he seemed like such a decent caring person. He has done a lot for various charities.
He bought a wheelchair equipped van for a child with no legs.
Probably silly,but I'm still holding out hope that the two men lied to save their own skin.
And still waiting for proof that he is guilty. IMO

I totally understand wanting someone to be innocent.

But I want to understand what you think the Nigerian Brothers part in this was. If they are lying to save their own skin, are you suggesting they did attack Jussie that night? Then they lied and said it was his idea?

I am trying to figure out why they would do so. And why would Jussie pay for the rope beforehand?

I understand wanting Jussie to be innocent, but I don't see any scenario that is possible.

And you may see him as a decent caring person. But some of his tweets show a very biased, hateful person, towards some segments of society, imo.

Honest question - since Jussie is the one who made this blatantly political, why can’t we discuss it as such?
I'm more interested in the criminal aspect of the hoax. I'm not so sure Jussie is the one who came up with the idea. I'd like to know who supplied the $$$$. That's who needs to be held accountable. If it is a politician, taxpayers have a right to know because taxpayers funded this exhaustive criminal investigation.

JMO

Who bought the tickets to Nigeria? That is not a cheap trip. $3500 + $500 is not a lot to be paid for participating in this unbelievable stunt. I wonder if there were other types of compensation in the deal. I would really like to hear more from the brothers, what all they got out of this and how they thought this was going to end up.

I totally understand wanting someone to be innocent.

But I want to understand what you think the Nigerian Brothers part in this was. If they are lying to save their own skin, are you suggesting they did attack Jussie that night? Then they lied and said it was his idea?

I am trying to figure out why they would do so. And why would Jussie pay for the rope beforehand?

I understand wanting Jussie to be innocent, but I don't see any scenario that is possible.

And you may see him as a decent caring person. But some of his tweets show a very biased, hateful person, towards some segments of society, imo.
You know anything can be said to fit a certain narrative.
It could be possible that the two men attacked him. One of them does have a record for a stabbing incident.
I did read they worked together and one was his trainer. Maybe they had a falling out or were jealous as neighbors said they always wanted to be actors and they only had a bit part on Empire.
Did Jussie pay for the rope? I did read the brothers bought the rope but nothing aside from that.
I don't follow his tweets but did see the one about MAGA and supporters of Maga.
Other than that nothing really stood out to me as being hateful towards a group of people.

Who bought the tickets to Nigeria? That is not a cheap trip. $3500 + $500 is not a lot to be paid for participating in this unbelievable stunt. I wonder if there were other types of compensation in the deal. I would really like to hear more from the brothers, what all they got out of this and how they thought this was going to end up.
We don’t know their financial situation, but that might have been a lot of money to them.

I imagine that this plot was designed so it would culminate in the brothers earning some money, enjoying a little vacation, and returning to their normal lives.

I don’t think they (or JS) planned on being dragged down to a police station, and interrogated over many hours.

It was probably supposed to be an attack that would generate media coverage, elevate JS and his platform, and result in a police investigation that went nowhere.

Whoops.

Because, supposedly they were wearing masks.

But if they were wearing masks, how did he know they were white? (Well, obviously, he couldn’t have know they were white, since they weren’t. But why would he think they were white? Racial epithets? That doesn’t work—they’re often used by members of the same race.)

It could be possible that the two men attacked him. One of them does have a record for a stabbing incident.
I did read they worked together and one was his trainer. Maybe they had a falling out or were jealous as neighbors said they always wanted to be actors and they only had a bit part on Empire.
Did Jussie pay for the rope? I did read the brothers bought the rope but nothing aside from that.
I don't follow his tweets but did see the one about MAGA and supporters of Maga.
Other than that nothing really stood out to me as being hateful towards a group of people.

If you saw one tweet like that from a high profile person about gays or AAs, what would you think about that person's heart?

If you saw one tweet like that from a high profile person about gays or AAs, what would you think about that person's heart?
I would say they were wrong and need to be more understanding of people as a whole.IMO
ETA...on the other hand I can't say I know the experiences that a gay black man might face in his day to day life.
Bottom line no one group of people should be lumped together and that includes MAGA.

This is from TMZ, but it’s really interesting.

This just gets worse and worse for JS.

“A grand jury will hear the Jussie Smollett case early next week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.”

We're told when police raided the home of the 2 brothers they found magazines with pages torn out, and authorities are now trying to determine if the missing pages are connected to the threatening letter that was sent to Jussie 8 days before the alleged attack.

The sources say there were red flags from the get go. Cops were extremely suspicious when Jussie took them out to the area where he said he was attacked and pointed to an obscure camera saying how happy he was that the attack was on video. Turns out the camera was pointing in the wrong direction. Cops thought it was weird he knew the location of that camera.

TMZ

Actually on GMA he says he told LE where there was a camera that should have captured it and he was disappointed when it turned out the camera pointed elsewhere. My WAG is that the two brothers had their backs to that camera at JS's direction. Also it's come out that the brothers used to sell face masks and they were probably using their own masks that substantially covered their faces.
This is what confuses me. If he wanted the "attack" to be captured on video, don't you think he would make sure the camera was pointing in his direction. After all, he was used to camera, lights, action and would be conscious of camera angles etc.

He said he was attacked by white men. His media does come across as heterophobic and racist in my opinion.

"Monico is no longer representing #JussieSmollett. Per @RoeConn “A source with direct knowledge says there was a disagreement about the decision to release yesterday’s statement. He is now represented by Chicago attorneys Victor Henderson and Todd Pugh"
Rafer Weigel on Twitter

"The FBI is still actively investigating the threat letter addressed to Jussie Smollett and mailed to the Fox studios in Chicago. The feds have been “assisting” Chicago police in the alleged attack case as local detectives continue to take the lead."
Rob Elgas on Twitter

I believe one of the biggest mistakes was doing the GMA interview. There were many things that didn't add up prior to that but more of a gut feeling. In doing that interview millions of eyes were on him, the story, the mannerisms and plenty of people who have been through real hate crimes. That interview could be and was rewound and replayed time and time again no doubt. It was THAT interview that it hit everybody, down to and including Robin Roberts. You didn't have to be a body language expert to see that she didn't believe him either.

JMO

One thing that I've thought might have happened is that he was in a romantic relationship with Abel who then with his brother confronted JS for cheating. JS and his manager then lied about what happened where they turned DV into hate crime/terrorism, which if JS lied about a domestic dispute, it would still be criminal, but it would be significantly better than something staged from the get-go and he would still be a victim of DV. However, given the confluence of all the circumstances, I think it's unlikely it happened that way, but there would be a reason for them to lie about this as otherwise it would still be criminal domestic violence/battery and while also JS's advantage to not say that happened - especially if he made it up spur of the moment waiting for LE to arrive - that it was some anonymous bogeyman rather than say he was beat up for cheating on one of his boyfriends.

"Monico is no longer representing #JussieSmollett. Per @RoeConn “A source with direct knowledge says there was a disagreement about the decision to release yesterday’s statement. He is now represented by Chicago attorneys Victor Henderson and Todd Pugh"
Rafer Weigel on Twitter

"The FBI is still actively investigating the threat letter addressed to Jussie Smollett and mailed to the Fox studios in Chicago. The feds have been “assisting” Chicago police in the alleged attack case as local detectives continue to take the lead."
Rob Elgas on Twitter
Ha! His lawyer may have believed him and decided to release that statement.

If you are lying of course, you definitely wouldn’t want your lawyer to release a statement like that.

No wonder there was “a disagreement.”

This is what confuses me. If he wanted the "attack" to be captured on video, don't you think he would make sure the camera was pointing in his direction. After all, he was used to camera, lights, action and would be conscious of camera angles etc.

A number of security cameras are covered where you can't see where they are pointing. It sounds like he just assumed where a domed camera was pointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201