IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe one of the biggest mistakes was doing the GMA interview. There were many things that didn't add up prior to that but more of a gut feeling. In doing that interview millions of eyes were on him, the story, the mannerisms and plenty of people who have been through real hate crimes. That interview could be and was rewound and replayed time and time again no doubt. It was THAT interview that it hit everybody, down to and including Robin Roberts. You didn't have to be a body language expert to see that she didn't believe him either.

JMO
The interview was part of his endgame, as publicity was certainly part of what he hoped to achieve.

It will absolutely come back to hurt him now.

One thing that I've thought might have happened is that he was in a romantic relationship with Abel who then with his brother confronted JS for cheating. JS and his manager then lied about what happened where they turned DV into hate crime/terrorism, which if JS lied about a domestic dispute, it would still be criminal, but it would be significantly better than something staged from the get-go and he would still be a victim of DV. However, given the confluence of all the circumstances, I think it's unlikely it happened that way, but there would be a reason for them to lie about this as otherwise it would still be criminal domestic violence/battery and while also JS's advantage to not say that happened - especially if he made it up spur of the moment waiting for LE to arrive - that it was some anonymous bogeyman rather than say he was beat up for cheating on one of his boyfriends.
I also considered that in the beginning, but now with the facts out, the money, hats, rope, and rehearsals of the "attack", it looks like a hoax to me.

I also considered that in the beginning, but now with the facts out, the money, hats, rope, and rehearsals of the "attack", it looks like a hoax to me.

That's how I am too as I consider the premeditated hoax the most likely now, but there can be more than one explanation as to why Osundario brothers would lie. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they're lying about staging and being paid, just I don't think it's a high probability.

I thought so too but when you look at the top of the statement it was released from the new lawyers Henderson and Pugh last night so I guess Monico didn't want him to release the statement so he hired new people.
Great catch!

I thought his original attorney released that.

So JS has apparently decided that he is going to continue to go on the offensive with this.

Ha! Monico is way too smart for JS.

Great catch!

So JS has apparently decided that he is going to continue to go on the offensive with this.

I don't understand JS's thinking. He's been busted, the game's over. The more he talks and his crisis crew try to spin it, the deeper the hole he's digging for himself.

Its doubtful he'll keep his job on Empire, they'll probably write him out of the series as he's an embarrassment.

No matter how his attorneys try to spin this, the evidence clearly points to this being a hoax.
He needs to accept this, walk away and issue an apology.
His reputation is becoming more toxic by the day and there's no more wiggle room.

moo

Speaking for myself it is a case of not wanting to believe he would do such a thing.
He didn't need to to draw attention to hate crime.
Plus he seemed like such a decent caring person. He has done a lot for various charities.
He bought a wheelchair equipped van for a child with no legs.
Probably silly,but I'm still holding out hope that the two men lied to save their own skin.
And still waiting for proof that he is guilty. IMO
Take all the time you need! I'm sure JS was a sweetheart to many people BUT there was also a lot of hate running through his Twitter for YEARS. That's a lot of built up anger that came to a boiling point for whatever reason. MOO
PS-I've never heard of him before this incident and it's kinda scary how much hate is published out there.

It would appear that the brothers had financial problems as neither had a full-time job, and they said they earned just $160 and $142 a month from various odd jobs.

They both filed for bankruptcy in Sept 2016 and owed more than $120,000 in student loans.

But again, there is something fishy, as one of them had some investments, which he claimed were only worth $300, but they included one share of Berkshire Hathaway, which was worth more than $200,000 at the time of the bankruptcy filing.

Source for info: Man arrested in Smollett attack convicted in 2011 stabbing, filed for bankruptcy

America isn’t the place Jussie says it is: What does it say about America when a gay, rich, black man pretends to be the victim of a racist, homophobic crime? It tells us that such crimes are rare. It also tells us that most Americans are too consumed with their own lives to care about Jussie’s race and sexual preference. Americans, in general appreciate diversity. It’s Jussie projecting onto others his own thoughts and fears and getting so wound up and mad that he acted out. Rewatching the Robin Roberts interview, I was struck at how surprised Jussie was that the president spoke sympathetically about him and the crime. Jussie, as shown via his tweets, had made the president into a demon, and he was lashing out at a cartoon man.

Great catch!

I am wondering too if Monico was not hired by the Empire camp to assist him and represent him. Once the real proof and details were exposed they may want all the distance from his mess as possible.

Just wondering.

LOL. TMZ is a total rag, so I take this with a bl9ck of salt. But, if they did have THE magazines with the cut outs for the letter, then they are dumb and dumber in my book. MO
This is from TMZ, but it’s really interesting.

This just gets worse and worse for JS.

“A grand jury will hear the Jussie Smollett case early next week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.”

We're told when police raided the home of the 2 brothers they found magazines with pages torn out, and authorities are now trying to determine if the missing pages are connected to the threatening letter that was sent to Jussie 8 days before the alleged attack.

The sources say there were red flags from the get go. Cops were extremely suspicious when Jussie took them out to the area where he said he was attacked and pointed to an obscure camera saying how happy he was that the attack was on video. Turns out the camera was pointing in the wrong direction. Cops thought it was weird he knew the location of that camera.

TMZ

LOL. TMZ is a total rag, so I take this with a bl9ck of salt. But, if they did have THE magazines with the cut outs for the letter, then they are dumb and dumber in my book. MO

Yes, a middle school CSI class led by a volunteer mom could figure that out. Just buy the same magazines, look at the NOT ripped out pages and compare letters!

I think Jussie is in big trouble.

Maybe. They also could have held them as an insurance policy in case that $4000 didn't last as long as they wished? I definitely think that JS has more to lose than either of the brothers. If anybody gets locked up over this I am guessing that physically the brothers are a bit better equipped to handle a little down time. jmo

But if they were wearing masks, how did he know they were white? (Well, obviously, he couldn’t have know they were white, since they weren’t. But why would he think they were white? Racial epithets? That doesn’t work—they’re often used by members of the same race.)

He didn't think that.....he lied. He knew along they were black.

America isn’t the place Jussie says it is: What does it say about America when a gay, rich, black man pretends to be the victim of a racist, homophobic crime? It tells us that such crimes are rare. It also tells us that most Americans are too consumed with their own lives to care about Jussie’s race and sexual preference. Americans, in general appreciate diversity. It’s Jussie projecting onto others his own thoughts and fears and getting so wound up and mad that he acted out. Rewatching the Robin Roberts interview, I was struck at how surprised Jussie was that the president spoke sympathetically about him and the crime. Jussie, as shown via his tweets, had made the president into a demon, and he was lashing out at a cartoon man.

Very good points & post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member