GUILTY TN - SLP, 14, found alive, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

I hope when RP is back in court that he is charged with cruelty to an animal to the extent of any and all laws that can be brought for the killing and skinning of SP's small dog. There is a beautiful picture of SP holding her dog on her lap and she looks so happy. I think, even though it wouldn't get a lot of extra time in prison, it could go a long way in helping SP know that her dog is avenged. He should be charged for every instance of cruelty against creatures over which he exercised evil intimidation and fear both two legged and four legged.

I went back and listened to Gray Hughes Investigates YouTube interview with bio dad LRS which was previously linked on here. Two things jumped out at me this time after reading these threads.

LRS mentions he had heard rumors that SP could be pregnant. He doesn’t state the source and he’s very clear he understands its just a rumor. LRS also states he’s called to get info on his daughters but no one will give him any details. The parents (RP & CP) at times referring to SP as “their baby” in TV interviews now makes me even sicker. I sincerely hope that is a false rumor but holy crap the rage this child must feel at being so isolated in TN to hide evidence of abuse. Maybe she’s not the one who took the sheets?

The second thing LRS mentions is how his younger daughter (also with initials SP) was born in Missouri. I’m wondering if SP was also born in Missouri and if they provide SS card apps at the hospital. I want so badly for SP to change her name.
Even though I'm unsure about SP's bio dad, I agree with your post. The family dynamic in the P family dynamic is sincerely sick and twisted, and that includes RP and CP. IMO

I know CP hasn't been accused of a crime, but her parenting skills are highly questionable to me. I'd like to know from any mothers of daughters posting if you'd think you would be aware of the molestation if in fact it is true that it has been going on for many years??

Mods, if this question is against the rules please delete. I am sincerely wondering about the dynamic between a mother and daughter considering sexual abuse was occurring during this time.

Even though I'm unsure about SP's bio dad, I agree with your post. The family dynamic in the P family dynamic is sincerely sick and twisted, and that includes RP and CP. IMO

I know CP hasn't been accused of a crime, but her parenting skills are highly questionable to me. I'd like to know from any mothers of daughters posting if you'd think you would be aware of the molestation if in fact it is true that it has been going on for many years??

Mods, if this question is against the rules please delete. I am sincerely wondering about the dynamic between a mother and daughter considering sexual abuse was occurring during this time.

I worked with women who had been sexually abused ususally by mom’s bf. These were parents that had children in my classroom. Sometimes the girls were kicked out as teens as the mother saw the teen as a threat to her ( the teen as more desireable by the bf) The girl would be seen as a rival.

A student I had told me his sister was a prostitute. She had been kicked out of the house for being a liar. The dad was in prison for sex abuse.

I think there are all kinds of ways mothers handle it

I know when my kids were small, toddler and early elementary, I still supervised their baths and I would have noticed any bruising and I would have asked about it. I would have noticed any withdrawal or unwillingness to be with another adult and looked into it. I find it impossible that a stay-at-home mother wouldn't have been aware of anything for twelve years and if SP did try to tell her mom then there is NO WAY that can be misconstrued as something else.

Did she go to a doctor? When a child goes to school s/he needs a physical.I imagine a doctor has no reason to do a genital exam on a child?

I had a 6 year old student whose abuse was found by the dic because she hurt inside.

Mom brought the child to the doc. The “ uncle” had threatened to kill the child if she told. It would seem this mom did not know. This was about 30 years ago. The guy got one year

Did she go to a doctor? When a child goes to school s/he needs a physical.I imagine a doctor has no reason to do a genital exam on a child?

I had a 6 year old student whose abuse was found by the dic because she hurt inside.

Mom brought the child to the doc. The “ uncle” had threatened to kill the child if she told. It would seem this mom did not know. This was about 30 years ago. The guy got one year

BBM
The pediatric office I worked for did, at yearly check ups and if it was a sick visit for a little girl with a UTI.
ETA: A visual exam. Any child needing a more thorough exam was sent to a pediatric gynecologist.
Moo

BBM
The pediatric office I worked for did, at yearly check ups and if it was a sick visit for a little girl with a UTI.
ETA: A visual exam. Any child needing a more thorough exam was sent to a pediatric gynecologist.
Moo

Which leads me to think there were very few interactions with healthcare providers, if any at all. oh SLP. MHO

Until reading here today, I hadn't realized that there was a photo of SLP at a truckstop.

However, knowing that RP was a long-distance truck driver, I suspected that he was taking SLP on trips when I read Pg. 8 (of the 35 Page doc that was filed 2/11/2019) where BDR tells SLP:

Bryan: so don’t let him take you anywhere
KV if you’re just going to kill yourself you might as well try running away
to a friends house you have nothing to lose

Until reading here today, I hadn't realized that there was a photo of SLP at a truckstop.

However, knowing that RP was a long-distance truck driver, I suspected that he was taking SLP on trips when I read Pg. 8 (of the 35 Page doc that was filed 2/11/2019) where BDR tells SLP:

Wow! I recall reading that, but never connected to rides in the truck. Good catch IMO.

It's a nightmare what that supposed father, subjected this child to.

@Jim_M and all: Yes, "it's a nightmare what that supposed father subjected this child to." And it's daunting to consider that we don't even know everything...
And, @gngr~snap and all: I am blown away to learn that there's such a thing as a pediatric gynecologist! BBM. I'm staggered to even think about there being a need for one!!! Grrh...

I would know yes. However my girls had health issues that limited how often they were away from me. So I know my experience isn't typical. There was virtually no opportunity for abuse in my kids lives.

I've been wondering if the Sexual Assault Exam included a pregnancy test.

I'm guessing that it did. And I'm sooo hoping that it came up negative.

Yes a pregnancy and std test would be standard. If a rape is reported years later, they don't do a pregnancy test. For a recent one they absolutely do.

If a woman goes to the hospital immediately following a rape they may also be offered the morning after pill.

@Jim_M and all: Yes, "it's a nightmare what that supposed father subjected this child to." And it's daunting to consider that we don't even know everything...
And, @gngr~snap and all: I am blown away to learn that there's such a thing as a pediatric gynecologist! BBM. I'm staggered to even think about there being a need for one!!! Grrh...

There are "innocent" reasons why they exist. Children can get cancer in that area, which can cause issues or have other conditions that would be better treated by a speciality. It's not all for pregnancy or abuse.

Thankfully MOST of the children referred were for precocious puberty! The doctors would put them on Lupron injections to delay it.
There are other reasons, as well. Any obvious trauma was reported to the police and the child was transported by ambulance, to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta to see the SA team, consisting of doctors, psychiatrists and child "services".
Moo

I worked with women who had been sexually abused ususally by mom’s bf. These were parents that had children in my classroom. Sometimes the girls were kicked out as teens as the mother saw the teen as a threat to her ( the teen as more desireable by the bf) The girl would be seen as a rival.

A student I had told me his sister was a prostitute. She had been kicked out of the house for being a liar. The dad was in prison for sex abuse.

I think there are all kinds of ways mothers handle it
That just breaks my heart, as with any child abuse. These poor victims oftentimes really don't have anyone to protect them. :(

Oh dear Lord, can it get any worse?????? I'm afraid to even ask that question anymore.

I would know yes. However my girls had health issues that limited how often they were away from me. So I know my experience isn't typical. There was virtually no opportunity for abuse in my kids lives.

Yes a pregnancy and std test would be standard. If a rape is reported years later, they don't do a pregnancy test. For a recent one they absolutely do.

If a woman goes to the hospital immediately following a rape they may also be offered the morning after pill.

There are "innocent" reasons why they exist. Children can get cancer in that area, which can cause issues or have other conditions that would be better treated by a speciality. It's not all for pregnancy or abuse.
Thanks for the reply, how I can phrase this so I don't violate TOS rules...

do you think that SP was truthful when she told BR that she had gone to CP as stated by his defense?

do you think that SP was truthful when she told BR that she had gone to CP as stated by his defense?

It is hard for me to believe that SP hadn't tried on more than one occasion to address this with her mother. If not once, most likely more than once over time. But, on the other hand could she have said this to BDR to add to her argument for him to help her? Six of one and a half dozen of the other. Would the attorney have said that without more proof than just BDR's word. Probably not.

I hope when RP is back in court that he is charged with cruelty to an animal to the extent of any and all laws that can be brought for the killing and skinning of SP's small dog. There is a beautiful picture of SP holding her dog on her lap and she looks so happy. I think, even though it wouldn't get a lot of extra time in prison, it could go a long way in helping SP know that her dog is avenged. He should be charged for every instance of cruelty against creatures over which he exercised evil intimidation and fear both two legged and four legged.

THIS I SO AGREE WITH.

One year?? Imagine how valuable that makes a child feel... Oh he destroyed your life, he gets a tap/slap on the hand. I recognize it is 30 years ago but it still happens...

Have many children age 15months - 14 years old. I believe I would know because we are a healthy, attached family. Rarely are my children away from me, especially the little ones. Personally, I enjoy being with my family. If I had my choice, besides some downtime with my hubby only, I’d do everything with them. And I do try to as much as possible. I also don’t think it’s good for kids to have several activities outside of the home or be super peer-dependent. If children can only have fun outside of the home with friends and not with their family. I think there’s an issue. I understand some folks don’t have a choice, but if you work or are away from your children several hours a day, you need to make that time you do have with them count. I’ve learned to ask my kids “did you feel safe?” when they’re in a situation where we aren’t present. We have open conversations about tricky folks in the world. We teach them to be aware. We believe in teaching them both non combative and combative measures, and when age appropriate, how to use guns to defend themselves. I understand some would disagree with that. That’s how we roll. I also pray, a lot. I always want to know what’s going on, check in with how they’re feeling often. Sometimes it’s hard with teens, but I think you’ve got to be fairly detached/disconnected from your child to not see signs for that long. I don’t want to judge though... MOO. Aaaand probably said way more than I needed to.

Nothing is impossible with God. Praying this precious one and her siblings heal, find a loving family, good therapy and a wonderful support system.

❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back