Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another option to your theory above.

Google maps shows a shell station/truck stop nearby, called Lake County Oasis. https://www.google.com/search?q=lak...SIS,ru_q:LAKE%20COUNTY%20OASIS&viewerState=im

Interestingly following that link across the street offers this drive. It doesn’t look like the same one in the news articles, but I can’t be sure. upload_2019-2-16_20-40-23.jpeg

Google MapsAlso nearby is the former hotel turned to monthly rental and appearing rundown and shady nowadays according to what I’ve read online. The monthly hotel address is 36355 on the pic shown . Both are near the burn location.
upload_2019-2-16_20-41-37.jpeg
Map

upload_2019-2-16_20-43-38.jpeg
Hotel — monthly

Scenario.

Perp sees her at truck stop/shell. Kidnaps at gunpoint while his vehicle parked at station. Hours go by (not going to think about what happens then) then he returns to location near where his vehicle is already parked and starts the fire, walks a very short distance to his vehicle. No one would wonder about a truck parked for a few hours there.

Police have said they are checking debit and credit cards, tolls, and surveillance. Hopefully they are getting leads from those.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-16_20-28-30.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-16_20-28-30.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2019-2-16_20-30-7.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-16_20-30-7.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 6
I'm wondering if her remains were in the driver's seat or the passenger side, or the trunk. (Which I'm doubting). Had her seat belt been buckled or was it too destroyed to tell?

1). If there was a perp, where did he put her while driving to this location? Or did he make her drive, disable her at the scene, position her in the car and then torch the car?

2. Or did she pull off the highway because the car was making unusual sounds and then parked in a driveway to perhaps call for help? Did the car explode before she could get out or call someone? Was her phone found nearby?

3. Or did she pull off in a secluded driveway and set the car on fire?

A lot will depend on where she was in the car, if she was seat belted in, if her phone was nearby, where the fire started (could she have set it herself) and was an accelerant used, (if so, what kind and where?) If an accelerant was used, and she set it herself, was there a can nearby?

Just thinking out loud about possibilities.
I don’t think she would have just pulled over with car trouble and the car exploded. The blaze would have been seen hours before. I passed the exact spot earlier in the da.

This makes a great deal of sense & is excellent thinking. Assuming she was abducted/carjacked by a stranger, I am also of the opinion this happened closer to where her car was found than to her home.
Something that keeps nagging in my brain is the fact that her car was found so close to Gurnee Mills mall, & the media reports that have said that she often brought treats to members of her sons’ basketball team. Could she have stopped somewhere for treats? Could she have left her home early in order to leave time for a stop at the mall?
What about the outlet malls near the WI/IL border (on the WI side)? I know people make a special trip to go out there with the intent to save money by shopping the outlets. Could she have left early with the intent to shop the outlet mall before going to the game?
Could she have left early with the intent to stop and visit someone or have a late lunch with someone?
There is radio silence since they identified her body. What is going on with the investigation?

There
It was a trip to visit her children and grandchildren in another state. Doesn't matter if it was one hour or three, her license plates were from out-of-state.

I think LE is likely tracing her credit card activity to see if she made any large purchases or withdrawals.

JMO[/QU

I'm wondering if her remains were in the driver's seat or the passenger side, or the trunk. (Which I'm doubting). Had her seat belt been buckled or was it too destroyed to tell?

SFS&BBM

Fire investigators should be able to tell if Kathleen was seat belted into what ever seat she was found in.

The steel part on the shoulder belt would still be buckled into the clasp, even though the webbing would most likely be burnt away.

Did LE say an accelerant was used? I mean there would have to have been considering how badly burned the victim was, correct?

They’ve said nothing.

That was my thought (that accelerant was used), but others have posted here that car fires can get incredibly hot, even without.

I’m sure LE & the fire officials have known from day one if accelerant was used or not.

Thank you. Interesting. While suicide is still a possibility - it's the most direct solution here - that as well as the fact that Ms. Ryan was a Roman Catholic, with that religion's strictures against suicide, make it seem less likely.
Might there be a divorce reaction that countered it?

They’ve said nothing.

That was my thought (that accelerant was used), but others have posted here that car fires can get incredibly hot, even without.

I’m sure LE & the fire officials have known from day one if accelerant was used or not.
Car fires get hot enough to melt some of the metal (Aluminium) components. Its not uncommon to have a puddle of metal underneath after the fire is put out (according to a firefighter friend of mine).

We don’t know where she was murdered or the circumstances (if she WAS murdered, but that’s likely). Whatever happened to her, happened in broad daylight. Somewhere. I don’t think anyone would risk being seen setting a car on fire in the daylight, do you?
They set it on fire in a secluded driveway.

I happen to have a few mutual aquaintainces with KR. The thing that seems so strange is how quiet everyone is about the case. Not sure what to make about that but no one knows or has heard much of anything.
I think they already know what happened but are respecting the family. I don’t think there was a crime. Bless the Knar Ryan family.

I think they already know what happened but are respecting the family. I don’t think there was a crime. Bless the Knar Ryan family.
So you are speculating this was suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie