Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new here ...
Always puzzled why Libby went to the bench at junction of Beverly Road / Haworth Street ?
My only observed connection is that the same silver VW Passat estate (with roof rack) parked outside her & neighbour's house (Google Street View & taxi driver footage) is seen on Street View at Haworth Street junction, hatch open, toolboxes on pavement working on Sash hair salon ...
Maybe Libby got no response from next door, only peeps she knew, so tried salon / flat above for help having lost her keys ?

Yes, particularly as bench is on other side of road, so rather like why did the chicken cross the road, why did she?

The neighbour also runs a limo car service.

People have ruled out kidnapping way too fast in my opinion. The moment I learned about this case, my mind immediately jumped to sex trafficking and sexual slavery. People think it happens only to those who will not be missed, but that’s not entirely true. It has happened to women from all walks of life.

The only difficulty is getting her out of the UK. After that, it’s super easy. No one is looking for her outside her city. Certainly no one outside the UK.

Not moaning at you directly as a number of people are saying this but I really wish we could avoid this kind of scaremongering.

Why on earth would anyone be smuggling 21 year old English girls to Europe? For what purpose? We already have more than enough trafficked people coming from eastern europe, africa etc.

At the time my kids started kindergarten, there was an urban myth of people snatching babies at Ikea. Parents actually believed there were gangs of eastern europeans snatching babies/toddlers to order (a popular myth around the McCann case). So they wanted to increase security hugely etc etc. Yet this stuff just doesn't happen. But, when your kids go to school, then you confront the real incidents of sickos hanging around the school. So there is the real and unfortunately mundane/ common threat to kids at school, but people stealing your toddler to order is just nonsense.

Yet how many times on the kindergarten committee did parents raise the need to lock the gates etc etc

Hi I'm new here ...
Always puzzled why Libby went to the bench at junction of Beverly Road / Haworth Street ?
My only observed connection is that the same silver VW Passat estate (with roof rack) parked outside her & neighbour's house (Google Street View & taxi driver footage) is seen on Street View at Haworth Street junction, hatch open, toolboxes on pavement working on Sash hair salon ...
Maybe Libby got no response from next door, only peeps she knew, so tried salon / flat above for help having lost her keys ?

Does anyone have, or has there been a map released showing the walk she might have taken from her house to the bench and in relation to the park? Would be good to see how she might have got there and why she took the route she did.

Our injured GoPro cyclist is in the Hull daily mail , I’m not going to link incase they don’t want their name in this post, hope they catch the driver

Sending best wishes for your recovery

What the hell?

That is crazy

I don’t know what to think to be honest. It’s a very different scenario than lifting a drunk girl off a road in a student area and managing to completely conceal her and remove all evidence. Don’t think anything would surprise me anymore though!

Yeah exactly

No one is denying this bad stuff happens. Plenty of young people go missing every single week for precisely these kind of reasons and no one much bothers to look for them either - typically because they are at risk teens

Libby is a different kettle of fish

I will eat my hat if she has been abducted to be trafficked.

On the other hand I can 100% believe she was abducted in order to be assaulted - that stuff happens routinely. We've just had that famous case in the US

Hi I'm new here ...

Completely wrong there about the car being the same outside her house and the same one outside Sash. There's also a 21 month time difference between the streetview images.

Outside her house is a VW Passat estate which you're correct on, outside Sash is a 1990's Vauxhall Vectra Estate

Not moaning at you directly as a number of people are saying this but I really wish we could avoid this kind of scaremongering.

Why on earth would anyone be smuggling 21 year old English girls to Europe? For what purpose? We already have more than enough trafficked people coming from eastern europe, africa etc.

At the time my kids started kindergarten, there was an urban myth of people snatching babies at Ikea. Parents actually believed there were gangs of eastern europeans snatching babies/toddlers to order (a popular myth around the McCann case). So they wanted to increase security hugely etc etc. Yet this stuff just doesn't happen. But, when your kids go to school, then you confront the real incidents of sickos hanging around the school. So there is the real and unfortunately mundane/ common threat to kids at school, but people stealing your toddler to order is just nonsense.

Yet how many times on the kindergarten committee did parents raise the need to lock the gates etc etc

Erm, these things do happen and I find your comment downplaying trafficking quite worrying, not to mention insensitive to the sadly large number of families affected by trafficking every year, regardless of geography.

And how can you state anything related to the McCann case is a myth when it hasn’t been solved yet?

To say human trafficking isn’t a potential outcome isn’t something you can judge at all, nor is drowning, kidnapping, murder etc. We simply don’t know at this stage.

Our injured GoPro cyclist is in the Hull daily mail , I’m not going to link incase they don’t want their name in this post, hope they catch the driver

Sending best wishes for your recovery

Shockingly, it reports that the footage shot as proof still has an unrectified, inaccurate timestamp on it.

Sending Best Wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Quick thought last bus to town 22.59 from bus stop next to where L.S was last seen, across the way last bus in other direction away from Welly was 23.37. Could it be that L.S thought there could have been a bus available to bring her in a straight line back to Welly but then quickly got upset to realise there actually wasnt.

(Edited for change of name)

Last edited:
Shockingly, it reports that the footage shot as proof still has an unrectified, inaccurate timestamp on it.

Sending Best Wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
Hello...I am sorry, as I know this has been covered to an extent and there already may be a link on here, but I am in the U.S. and cannot seem to find the article about the injured cyclist. May I ask if you have a link or can give a brief update? Thank you

Redirect Notice

Yesterday it seemed strange that 5 police vans and many police turned up to an altercation between 2 women (one was chasing the other down Spring Bank) I think they entered and searched the property and will find the link.
Anyway I think they thought a captive prostitute had escaped and was possibly Libby. I do think she could be being held captive in one of these establishments and they are probably run across county lines. .. just like the drugs. I don't think that she was abducted as a student but mistaken for an unhappy drunk/high street worker and would not be reported missing for a long time, if ever.
Police called to Spring Bank in ongoing incident - recap

Yeah exactly

No one is denying this bad stuff happens. Plenty of young people go missing every single week for precisely these kind of reasons and no one much bothers to look for them either - typically because they are at risk teens

Libby is a different kettle of fish

I will eat my hat if she has been abducted to be trafficked.

On the other hand I can 100% believe she was abducted in order to be assaulted - that stuff happens routinely. We've just had that famous case in the US
When there are no new updates on a case, people fill the void with theories. The assumption seems to be that the lack of obvious progress from the police means that the crime committed must have been much more complex or unusual than it first seemed. Often these theories involve bizarre conspiracies and unusual motives - trafficking, gangs, etc. However, when the cases are finally solved, most will turn out to be relatively simple. Unfortunately some criminals are either very effective at hiding their crimes or just simply lucky.

I think this case will turn out to be a relatively simple case of abduction with a sexual motive, followed by a murder which may not have been planned. Somebody has either been very good at hiding the evidence, or just very lucky. Hopefully the police will find what they need soon.

Last edited:
Hello...I am sorry, as I know this has been covered to an extent and there already may be a link on here, but I am in the U.S. and cannot seem to find the article about the injured cyclist. May I ask if you have a link or can give a brief update? Thank you
P.S. It really can be brief! I already know there was a cyclist in the footage, etc. I just haven't caught up since yesterday morning

Redirect Notice

Yesterday it seemed strange that 5 police vans and many police turned up to an altercation between 2 women (one was chasing the other down Spring Bank) I think they entered and searched the property and will find the link.
Anyway I think they thought a captive prostitute had escaped and was possibly Libby. I do think she could be being held captive in one of these establishments and they are probably run across county lines. .. just like the drugs. I don't think that she was abducted as a student but mistaken for an unhappy drunk/high street worker and would not be reported missing for a long time, if ever.

I do think the abduction/kidnapping theory beings to gain weight the longer this goes on, as surely she would have been found by now if she was just dumped somewhere? Unless they got really lucky in where they put her, people are normally found by now in an attack that is spontaneous and with no real thought out plan of where to hide the body.

This cyclist is a member here , he was doing a route run on his bike with his GoPro so he could show us all some video , he came back and showed us his video clips and also said he’d been run into that day

This cyclist is a member here , he was doing a route run on his bike with his GoPro so he could show us all some video , he came back and showed us his video clips and also said he’d been run into that day
Ah...I was just putting that together since I eventually found the Hull daily mail and then recalled a post from him maybe yesterday or the day before that he had been hit. Yes, thanks to him for all of his work and best wishes for a speedy recovery. thank you

P.S. It really can be brief! I already know there was a cyclist in the footage, etc. I just haven't caught up since yesterday morning

This isn’t directly related to the LS enquiry and isn’t about the cctv cyclist. It’s about one of the brilliant WS community who kindly went out filming on his GoPro to give us all a clear idea of the area and got knocked off his bike and punched by an idiot driver with anger issues. He was filming the incident which has now made headlines in itself.

Quick thought last bus to town 22.59 from bus stop next to where L.S was last seen, across the way last bus in other direction away from Welly was 23.37. Could it be that L.S thought there could have been a bus available to bring her in a straight line back to Welly but then quickly got upset to realise there actually wasnt.

I think we have to factor in that she was falling-down drunk, so her movements and decisions may not have been logical.

This isn’t directly related to the LS enquiry and isn’t about the cctv cyclist. It’s about one of the brilliant WS community who kindly went out filming on his GoPro to give us all a clear idea of the area and got knocked off his bike and punched by an idiot driver with anger issues. He was filming the incident which has now made headlines in itself.
Yes, I have admired him and other members here who have taken their time to go out and look for themselves. As I have mentioned before, I think of her often and wish there was something I could do. And I fear that the search may wind down soon if there is no new news. In this case, however, unlike some "forgotten" cases I have followed, I think/hope that PR's court date will sustain interest and searches in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches