Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case - and I agree with what sundaaaay has said - it's quite possible that she went looking for some friends/neighbours who might be at home. Close enough not to need the taxi. But didn't find anyone in

Where was the house party she was at earlier in the night ? Friend put her in taxi and gave driver the home address, he dropped Libby there as instructed but she decided she wanted to party and tries to make her way back to the house party which might still have been on ? Might explain why no apparant attempt was made to go into her house ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, we just don't know enough. I think it will turn out to be quite simple though.
Clearly the police have reasons to suspect the Polish lad's involvement. Quite feasible that he tried it on with her and things went too far, but whether he's responsible for her disappearance or she just ran off, who knows.
Still possible that she succumbed to hypothermia and hasn't been found yet.
Not really, we just don't know enough. I think it will turn out to be quite simple though.
Clearly the police have reasons to suspect the Polish lad's involvement. Quite feasible that he tried it on with her and things went too far, but whether he's responsible for her disappearance or she just ran off, who knows.
Still possible that she succumbed to hypothermia and hasn't been found yet.
Yeah Cherwell, I pretty much agree with that bare outline and where we are. Thanks. It must be pretty much unthinkable for those closely involved, regardless.

Not making light of this terrible issue but can you imagine if we were all together in one room with a whiteboard, strings and photos. I imagine it would look like a huge spiders web with spilt coffee, half eaten toasted teacakes and Yorkshire puddings with an alarming amount of used string trying to connect our ideas, theories and facts...

Not making light of this terrible issue but can you imagine if we were all together in one room with a whiteboard, strings and photos. I imagine it would look like a huge spiders web with spilt coffee, half eaten toasted teacakes and Yorkshire puddings with an alarming amount of used string trying to connect our ideas, theories and facts...

I think we'd have all got tangled up in it and there might be a couple of casualties

Locals - I'm going to ask again now the thread has quietened down.

Do you think it's possible / likely that Libby could have been running away and accidentally fell into the pond or river? Bearing in mind that a) it was dark and b) Libby might never have been in that park before or c) if she had her orientation will have been compromised.

I recall one of you saying there was some sort of raised bank leading to one or the other (the pond, I think) and it would be difficult, even in the dark, to end up in there. Just trying to connect the strings in my ever changing mind!

I wondered about that, but wouldn't she just have got the taxi to take her back? Or, if she had the idea of going somewhere else, get the taxi to take her on there. I find it unlikely that she'd have gone out with no money or card.

IMO she was just very drunk, and feeling sorry for herself, and did something stupid in wandering around. Maybe she had a key and couldn't find it? Who knows.

I recall as a young student working at a cafe on late shift on christmas eve the bar staff started making cocktails for us staff. I have never drunk like that before in my life. Later in the night i woke up lying in an alley. Basically I must have wandered off and passed out.

trying to find rational reasons is a fools errand!

Where was the house party she was at earlier in the night ? Friend put her in taxi and gave driver the home address, he dropped Libby there as instructed but she decided she wanted to party and tries to make her way back to the house party which might still have been on ? Might explain why no apparant attempt was made to go into her house ?

We can’t know for sure but I did notice that when Libby’s friend (who lead the on foot civilian search for her) talked about the party, he motioned backwards towards the university building - so possibly somewhere in that area/ halls?

We can’t know for sure but I did notice that when Libby’s friend (who lead the on foot civilian search for her) talked about the party, he motioned backwards towards the university building - so possibly somewhere in that area/ halls?

When the case first broke it was reported that Libby lived in the halls on campus and there were some searches there. I think it's quite possible the party was there. With that in mind, two possible reasons for Libby to be on that bench:

1) she was hoping a familiar face would get off the last bus and she could go to their house
2) she was considering catching the last bus up to halls knowing there'd be people about or at least a wardens office or somewhere safe

Are there student bars or a club on the Inglemire Lane campus, that she might have thinking about going to?

The police knocked at doors at the Courtyard student housing in Inglemire Lane on the Friday afternoon (initially reported incorrectly as her digs, as below) and told one student Block F was her last known sighting - odd as before police trawled CCTV, the last sighting by her pals would have been the Welly.

Shock as police search for Libby, 21, missing after getting in taxi

Something probably got lost in translation in the article, but made me wonder if this was where the house party had been held or if friends had suggested that this could be somewhere she might head to stay overnight.

There isn't a direct bus from Haworth/Beverley back to the Courtyard, she'd have had to walk most of the journey anyway, if that's what she was intending.

Locals - I'm going to ask again now the thread has quietened down.

Do you think it's possible / likely that Libby could have been running away and accidentally fell into the pond or river? Bearing in mind that a) it was dark and b) Libby might never have been in that park before or c) if she had her orientation will have been compromised.

I recall one of you saying there was some sort of raised bank leading to one or the other (the pond, I think) and it would be difficult, even in the dark, to end up in there. Just trying to connect the strings in my ever changing mind!
In my mind it is plausible. I mentioned way back a raised bank towards the river but it’s gentle enough to walk up. The pond could have been accessed by a person fighting through some low trees (I’ll take a photo) and if you panicked and ran through to the lake it’s only a matter of meters to the pond. However dna should have been found if the pond and low trees were run through. In the photo to the left are the trees you would run through to fall in the pond.

Attachments

• ABE001A0-4F52-4FD7-A8CD-80D43C7DA54F.jpeg
    ABE001A0-4F52-4FD7-A8CD-80D43C7DA54F.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 41
When the case first broke it was reported that Libby lived in the halls on campus and there were some searches there. I think it's quite possible the party was there. With that in mind, two possible reasons for Libby to be on that bench:

1) she was hoping a familiar face would get off the last bus and she could go to their house
2) she was considering catching the last bus up to halls knowing there'd be people about or at least a wardens office or somewhere safe

Are there student bars or a club on the Inglemire Lane campus, that she might have thinking about going to?

It has "comfy lounges, a games room and a cinema room." So would have made sense to try to head there, assuming she could get in as a non-resident.

Anyway as far as I'm aware, we do not know that she didn't have a key - that's still just a theory. Don't let it become a "fact" until we know more.

Agreed, the lack of keys is just a theory.
Note my wording, "suggests she walked to her front door, realised she didn't have her keys".

Agreed, the lack of keys is just a theory.
Note my wording, "suggests she walked to her front door, realised she didn't have her keys".
She could have realised she didn't have her keys while she was still in the taxi, hence just walking down the road rather than approaching her front door.

In my mind it is plausible. I mentioned way back a raised bank towards the river but it’s gentle enough to walk up. The pond could have been accessed by a person fighting through some low trees (I’ll take a photo) and if you panicked and ran through to the lake it’s only a matter of meters to the pond. However dna should have been found if the pond and low trees were run through. In the photo to the left are the trees you would run through to fall in the pond.

If she fell in the pond they would have found her days ago

Ok, I can see on google 3D that there are trees most of the way around. But it look like if you took the most obvious path from road towards river and then took the most obvious turn right, you'd end up bang between the pond and river on a strip about 25m wide. I hope it works on this map link and you can see what I mean.

Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members