Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yes it’s tidal, quite high and then low. It does actually flow reasonably fast and is usually brown water. I fish it a lot and kayak it in the summer. Further down near what is known as Old Town there have been reports of a young man falling in a few years ago and they have not found his body sadly.
I don't think I can catch up since it's evening for you folks. But if she went in wouldn't they have been down in the Humber using side scanning sonar or some such? Especially since that night - like right away?
Got to be some other indication of not going in the water.
But the pond.. So much focus.

Well here in Boston I'm going to hang back a bit so carry on!

Thanks all!

Good point

I understood that was her friend the shrugging boy in the video that said it was at his male friends house and that they all went out after. He confirmed they had gone to the Welly after going to ATM, Libby was already in the taxi by the time they got to the Welly. I took they as the two boys.

I understood that was her friend the shrugging boy in the video that said it was at his male friends house and that they all went out after. He confirmed they had gone to the Welly after going to ATM, Libby was already in the taxi by the time they got to the Welly. I took they as the two boys.
I lost the link to that interview. Anyone have it?.
Maybe Libby's case needs a media thread with maps, timelines and whatnot. Someone with maps and links could help.

Yes, this talk of a "party" .... I imagined it was more a pre-club gathering where they all necked a few drinks to avoid buying expensive drinks at the club. Not a party that was continuing after they'd left.

Oh yes, that's a brilliant idea! Can you set one up and we can all add to it?!
I'll find out. But that's like me askin' my wife "can't you just bake a cake?"

big-smile2-smiley.gif

Her friend says "she was" (past tense). Often people raise major questions about people using such phrasing when discussing a missing person. I assume the friends have all been cleared?

Welcome! Still tidal that far up? Could a body go upstream to Sutton Bridge?

My dad says he saw the police looking in the river on Sutton Road bridge this morning. Didn't see any mention of it in the Hull Daily Mail though.

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't realise that's precisely the info you were replying to. I'd missed a couple of pages, haha.

Hi all. Been lurking for a while. My theory, PR was her 'taxi' driver home. He helped the police with their enquiries... They may have been alerted by something from him but wanted to keep him on side to keep under obs hence the 'he was ever so helpful' to the press.
PR therefore knew LS was drunk and vulnerable. He may have even suggested that if she can't get in to her house that she could wait for him at the bench and he'll taxi her back to her mates
The lack of updates/info released by LE says to me that they made a booboo somewhere early on in the investigation... Be this not following through on a mega lead or maybe even underestimating PR.

CCTV and eye witness accounts spoke of Libby being barely able to walk/stand, basically drunk as a skunk, the idea that in her condition she could out run a super fit body builder like PR in a park if she was trying to escape him just does not add up to me, not physically possible

Her friend says "she was" (past tense). Often people raise major questions about people using such phrasing when discussing a missing person. I assume the friends have all been cleared?

I queried this early on but if you notice the reporter refers to her in the past tense first and the friend just copies.

Think it's just nerves.

Hi all. Been lurking for a while. My theory, PR was her 'taxi' driver home. He helped the police with their enquiries... They may have been alerted by something from him but wanted to keep him on side to keep under obs hence the 'he was ever so helpful' to the press.
PR therefore knew LS was drunk and vulnerable. He may have even suggested that if she can't get in to her house that she could wait for him at the bench and he'll taxi her back to her mates
The lack of updates/info released by LE says to me that they made a booboo somewhere early on in the investigation... Be this not following through on a mega lead or maybe even underestimating PR.

If PR was the supposed taxi driver why the pretence of taking her home and dropping her off though.

Surely he would just do what he was going to do straight off.

Not visited these LS threads for about a week now, it seems to have slowed down a hell of a lot.
So what’s the latest? Any more updates? What’s happening with Mr Poland? Personally I don’t think he’s directly responsible for Libby’s disappearance.
Surely now it’s all pointing to Libby being in the water somewhere, possibly out at sea now?

Very sad, bless her.

My dad says he saw the police looking in the river on Sutton Road bridge this morning. Didn't see any mention of it in the Hull Daily Mail though.

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't realise that's precisely the info you were replying to. I'd missed a couple of pages, haha.

Lol. No worries. We're all just trying to sus this. I was told at 3pm so they had been there a while. Glad they're still looking

I am really sad to see that the case appears to be slowing down/hit a dead end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam