CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Patrick Frazee was arrested early morning on December 1st in connection with Kelsey’s case and was later charged on 3 counts of solicitation to commit murder and two counts of murder. His mother, Sheila Frazee, was also arrested at the ranch but was later released. She plans to appeal for custody of the couple’s 1 year old daughter who was put in the temporary care of Kelsey’s parents after Patrick’s arrest."
Taken from Missing Woman Kelsey Berreth

Was SF questioned during her short arrest? Hmmmmm

She was not that I know of. moo

Last edited:
I would like to hear something from his mother.. or brother or sister.

..Put it out there in the media as to where he was on Thanksgiving day folks, (and what his actions were afterwards before he was arrested.)

*waiting*
She won't.
In her mind silence will preserve her son.
Her LE son has probably made it clear to keep silent.

She was not that I know of. moo bbm At least I remembered correctly that PF had originally more charges placed on him than exists as of right now. Right now he has only 1 of each.
The jail doesn't prosecute him. Their record only shows what he was arrested for and booked on. His charges (which could change) are detailed in the criminal complaint found here: Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller County - Dockets

As of today, these are his charges:

COUNT 1: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(l)(a) (Fl){0l0ll} COUNT 2: SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. r8-3-102(l Xa); l8-2-301 (F2){0101 lS}
COUNT 3: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(l)(b) (FlXOl012) COUNT 4: SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(a);r8-2-301 (F2X0l0r lS)
COUNT 5: SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(l)(a);18-2-301 (F2X01011S)

No amended complaint has been filed. YET.

MOO

"Patrick Frazee was arrested early morning on December 1st in connection with Kelsey’s case and was later charged on 3 counts of solicitation to commit murder and two counts of murder. His mother, Sheila Frazee, was also arrested at the ranch but was later released. She plans to appeal for custody of the couple’s 1 year old daughter who was put in the temporary care of Kelsey’s parents after Patrick’s arrest."

MOO-
There seemed to me to be some double talk in msm as to whether or not SF was arrested when PF was. My opinion
was she was NOT, however she had not previously been
real co-operative in providing helpful information to LE
during the searches of her ranch and LE was showing a
bit of physical force by handcuffing her too when they
arrested her son. Just how it looked to me.

Noted, thanks. :p:oops: Are you thinking PF could have thrown something in a Colorado Springs dumpster on his way to visit his sister on Thanksgiving Day? We still don't know where PF was expected to be that day by his family members. Although he told CB he and KB went to Cracker Barrel, we know that is a false statement. I'm very interested to hear where his family thought he was on Thanksgiving Day (if he didn't show up to see any of them).

MOO.

I imagine he was a busy man on Thanksgiving, but I can't understand why people think a rural cowboy has to go to the big city at all, on any day. IMO

MOO-
There seemed to me to be some double talk in msm as to whether or not SF was arrested when PF was. My opinion

I think the act of handcuffing a 64 year old cooperative mother probably came from the same LE mind that decided PF had to wear a brand new bullet proof vest. I think it's called "abundance of caution" in the trade. IMO

MOO-
My understanding was that she was detained (cuffed) briefly while they arrested her son and handed baby KB over to child services. I think they did it as a safety measure and that it's a standard procedure. moo

The jail doesn't prosecute him. Their record only shows what he was arrested for and booked on. His charges (which could change) are detailed in the criminal complaint found here: Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller County - Dockets

As of today, these are his charges:

COUNT 1: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(l)(a) (Fl){0l0ll} COUNT 2: SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. r8-3-102(l Xa); l8-2-301 (F2){0101 lS}
COUNT 3: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(l)(b) (FlXOl012) COUNT 4: SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(a);r8-2-301 (F2X0l0r lS)
COUNT 5: SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(l)(a);18-2-301 (F2X01011S)

No amended complaint has been filed. YET.

MOO

Ok good to know tyvm!! :) Edited my post.

MOO-
My understanding was that she was detained (cuffed) briefly while they arrested her son and handed baby KB over to child services. I think they did it as a safety measure and that it's a standard procedure. moo
Exactly. She was detained but NOT arrested.

Missing Colorado woman likely died at home, fiance charged with murder
Frazee was the only person arrested in the case as of Friday morning, De Young said, and officials wouldn't provide any more detail about how they came to the solicitation charge.

There are also quite a few back roads you can take between Woodland Park, Palmer Lake and Larkspur. Some routs are flat-landed and some are not. It's a very scenic ride using the back roads.

eta I don't think he'd have dumped KB in Palmer Lake, its rather small and surrounded by many residences and roads.

Seriously, folks! Every available spot between Woodland Park and Colorado Springs has a house or business on it. Once you hit the Springs and veer onto I-25 northward toward Denver, you are passing within a few miles of 3,656,301 people.......most of which have two eyes to see you with. When I was young, we had back roads and separate little towns. Not true today. Now you have quaint, more scenic streets and the older parts of massive subdivisions.
The only way I see he could have ditched a body in Colorado Springs would be to drive her car out to somewhere around Powers Road, spray it with automatic weapons fire, and leave the body in the driver's seat with an empty Uzi beside it on the front seat. They seem find them like that every few weeks. IMO

i

i thought it was the 21st.

You're welcome, but no way can I take all the credit. There are many members contributing to the media thread and I'd love to name them all but I'm too afraid I would leave someone out. :oops:

Honestly, my first thought was the landfill in Colorado Springs. But that wasn't open on Thanksgiving day, right? Although he may have traveled that way the following day... I hope we learn more tomorrow about where PF was - at least on Thanksgiving day and throughout that weekend.
talking-to-god-smiley-emoticon.gif

MOO

Speaking of the WS members, I'd like to thank everyone contributing to these threads. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and try to learn something from each one, even those I may disagree with. Healthy, respectful discussions/disagreements are never bad, and we can all learn something from them, IMO.

I would also like to invite those lurking/reading to join WS if you haven't already, and post.

Justice for Kelsey Berreth!

Now that there is a little more information known - the Amended Complaint in the civil suit - I wonder if this will have any bearing on the custody matter at the next hearing? I did a little googling to try and see how permanent custody might be awarded in CO - found some interesting information but I do not think they will be able to settle permanent custody until the criminal trial is over IMO. The reason is because he is supposedly the natural parent (we don't know if paternity has officially been establish yet that I am aware of) and would get custody if he is determined "fit" - but while he is incarcerated I don't think he is "fit". By April, CB will have continuously cared for the baby for almost 4 months - so I wonder if that will trump the one year PF's mother was involved in the baby's life? This article addresses the step-parents' potential rights but does outline CO moving away from the trend of granting custody to the non-custodial parent.
Legal Rights of Stepparents Vs. Real Parents
snipped
Death of a Biological Parent

When a custodial parent dies, custody of her child usually reverts to the non-custodial parent, even if the custodial parent named someone else, such as her new spouse, as her child’s guardian in her will. However, some states, such as Colorado, are moving away from this trend. These jurisdictions allow a stepparent to petition for custody of his spouse’s child after her death, especially when the child continues to live with him after his natural parent dies. Ultimately, the court’s decision would most likely rest with which adult can best maintain continuity in the child’s life. A stepparent might be successful in his bid for custody if awarding custody to the natural parent meant uprooting the child to live with an adult he has had only minimal contact with.

Oh dear Lord! Is there a cattle incinerator in that area? I have never heard of that before.
I can't find any advertised incinerators but there are several
pet crematoriums and some of them will take carcasses up
to 750 lbs., so they're quite large.
I still believe he could have dismembered her body and
burned it in a farrier's mobile hot shoeing rig. He could have borrowed the rig/trailered it to his ranch and done it there.

MOO-

It looks like she was just detained for safety reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla