IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that article:

This is a fine idea, and there should be some distinction when referring to the media at large, but in this case the facts simply don’t bear out the premise that the press was not involved in an early pile-on. In fact, dozens of reporters Tweeted these very things, on the day the story broke.

The same journalists who were reporting the facts released by the CPD, were the ones stoking the flames on social media.

So they may have been simply reporting the facts on television and in print, but that didn’t extend to their commentary on Twitter, for example.

That’s where the problem lies.

I do agree that is a problem as far as Twitter is concerned. The original post was making a point that this is why ALL MSM sources should not be believed. I was talking about MSM sites, not Twitter accounts.

If it was Frank's place that would make even less sense. So neither Frank nor Jussie had food in their apartments? This is how the NY Times described it, but either way it makes it very curious:
He said that he landed in Chicago that evening and was picked up at the airport by his creative director, Frank Gatson. When they arrived at Smollett’s apartment, there was no food, Smollett said, so he went out to stop at Walgreens, which had closed. Then, Smollett said, he went to Subway to get a salad and on the way, he got on the phone with his manager, who was in Australia.
One of Two Men Questioned in Jussie Smollett Case Appeared on ‘Empire,’ Police Say
If Frank also lives in the complex and he's with him that's one less reason to go out in the polar vortex in the middle of the night.
I quit trying to rationalize the Subway trip a while ago. I would bet he wasn't even hungry. I think it's clear to me he needed to leave the apartment to create the hoax. Subway was the only thing open.

I quit trying to rationalize the Subway trip a while ago. I would bet he wasn't even hungry. I think it's clear to me he needed to leave the apartment to create the hoax. Subway was the only thing open.
Exactly. He needed a plausible reason for being outside at that time, in those weather conditions.

He also needed a location that was designed for his purposes, especially in regards to surveillance camera coverage.

More damning details, this from TMZ.

Jussie Smollett rehearsed the "attack" against him days before the incident and it was all staged for the camera, this according to what the 2 brothers told cops.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Abel and Ola Osundairo told cops they got in a car with Jussie and scouted a location, settling on the one right outside the actor's apartment. The brothers said Jussie chose the spot because he believed a camera would have captured the action.

Our sources say the brothers told police Jussie said he wanted to make it a "physical thing," but not to the point he'd be seriously injured.

I initially thought that he didn’t want the attack captured on camera. As it turns out, he apparently did, as other posters believed.

TMZ

Last edited:
More damning details, this from TMZ.

Jussie Smollett rehearsed the "attack" against him days before the incident and it was all staged for the camera, this according to what the 2 brothers told cops.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Abel and Ola Osundairo told cops they got in a car with Jussie and scouted a location, settling on the one right outside the actor's apartment. The brothers said Jussie chose the spot because he believed a camera would have captured the action.

Our sources say the brothers told police Jussie said he wanted to make it a "physical thing," but not to the point he'd be seriously injured.

I initially thought that he didn’t want the attack captured on camera, turns out he apparently did, as other posters believed.

TMZ

Does what the CPD said in regards to the "assault" not being caught on any type of surveillance camera still stand? Because if JS went through that much trouble to rehearse it, and STILL couldn't get it right, then I'm going to start loling at my desk.

EDIT: lolling more than I already am at the absurdity of him and his "plan".

I have friends who live in Chicago. It is no secret that Chicago has a crime problem that is out of control and has been for some time. So when this incident was first reported, it was like "here we go again". So much killing and crime with no motive that is ever given. However when anyone comes along and wants to pile onto that with a story that shortly after the first report is sketchy, it does not bode well with the locals. Empire has become a source of pride in Chicago. It is Chicago and its residents to be extras, it pumps money into the local economy and showcases there are some beautiful places there.

JMO

More often than not, it seems, these high-profile “hate crimes” turn out to be hoaxes. A well-documented list of over 100 hoaxes in the last decade is easy to find with an internet search. Unless there are serious consequences for those perpetrating the fraud, the hoaxes, I figure, will keep occurring.

It is not true that it's more often than not. Hate crimes occur regularly. It's a sad fact that they occur in our nation. And have for centuries.

There have been several hoaxes. Hoaxes by people claiming hate crimes and/or claiming black people have harmed them.

There are some very weird, attention seekers in the world.

I think it's important to approach these cases with logic. Nothing seemed logical with this story from the get go.

I'm sure LE knew that immediately.

Just thinking.....so CPD seizes full black face masks from brothers' apt. And a red cap. How ridiculously stupid would that be and look to have the red baseball type cap on top ! of the full face hat mask! in light of a real robber/criminal trying to hide their identity from the victim! o_O

Does what the CPD said in regards to the "assault" not being caught on any type of surveillance camera still stand? Because if JS went through that much trouble to rehearse it, and STILL couldn't get it right, then I'm going to start loling at my desk.

EDIT: lolling more than I already am at the absurdity of him and his "plan".
It does appear that that it stands, and it was not caught on camera.

This investigation is leaking like a sieve, and we’d know if they had eventually found footage of it.

The cops were suspicious when he pointed to an inconspicuous surveillance camera, and expressed joy that it captured the crime on camera.

Unfortunately for him, it was oriented in the wrong direction.

I share your view as to the “absurdity of his plan,” most of us do.

It is not true that it's more often than not. Hate crimes occur regularly. It's a sad fact that they occur in our nation. And have for centuries.

There have been several hoaxes. Hoaxes by people claiming hate crimes and/or claiming black people have harmed them.

I think it's important to approach these cases with logic. Nothing seemed logical with this story from the get go.

Exactly. Hate crimes occur with some regularity, and on the whole, the vast majority are legitimate events.

Hoaxes are rare, but when they happen, they cause tremendous damage.

The narrative that most hate crimes are faked, is absolutely not true.

ITA.

The hoaxes are a disservice to the many people who are genuine victims of hate crimes.

The convicted killer Charles Stuart comes to mind. He falsely blamed a black gunman for shooting dead his pregnant wife in the car and that had a horrible ripple effect for African-Americans.

As you say, each case needs to be approached with logic and fully investigated.

moo

Exactly. He needed a plausible reason for being outside at that time, in those weather conditions.

He also needed a location that was designed for his purposes, especially in regards to surveillance camera coverage.

But what is Frank doing during this time? I don't see a good reason for Frank not at least going with him. JS had got back from a long ordeal between there being a flight delay and he was on a cross-country flight. Frank - who picked him up at the airport and who didn't go through that ordeal - is just going to sit around in JS's heated apartment while a jet-lagged JS goes out in the middle of the night in subzero weather for food? Then this same Frank who sat around while starving jet-lagged Jussie was out in the polar vortex is going to now be all insistent that the cops be called.

I believe it was other cameras that picked up footage of the brothers near where this happened (or didn't) that started LE off on the search for them. Not a taxi per se but possibly a ride sharing company had dropped them off near there possibly. If so, these ride share companies have all the details about addresses, phones you name it. All in all LE located the brothers pretty fast I think. They apparently had enough to get a search warrant signed by Wednesday. Tore their place up and met them at the airport on Friday.

All in all pretty smooth, IMO

Exactly. Hate crimes occur with some regularity, and on the whole, the vast majority are legitimate events.

Hoaxes are rare, but when they happen, they cause tremendous damage.

The narrative that most hate crimes are faked, is absolutely not true.

I don't believe that. It seems to me, more and more, that fake hate crimes are on the rise. I can think of several in recent history.

1. Hate crime hoax at military academy, where a cadet spray painted racial slurs.
2. Hate crime hoax at university, where a student created hysteria with letters threatening minority students.
3. Hate crime hoax, young Muslim woman stated that she was attacked and her head scarf stolen.

These crimes get huge coverage, and they fizzle out when discovered to be hoaxes. Time to end this unnecessary drama, with mandatory sentences. Prison. So that they are considered serious criminal behavior. Not written off as a mental health condition. It is planned, deliberate, and meant to create Social problems.

But what is Frank doing during this time? I don't see a good reason for Frank not at least going with him. JS had got back from a long ordeal between there being a flight delay and he was on a cross-country flight. Frank - who picked him up at the airport and who didn't go through that ordeal - is just going to sit around in JS's heated apartment while a jet-lagged JS goes out in the middle of the night in subzero weather for food? Then this same Frank who sat around while starving jet-lagged Jussie was out in the polar vortex is going to now be all insistent that the cops be called.
I understand what you’re getting at, but I could make a case the other way as well.

Until we have more information, I’m going to think of him as an unwitting participant in this.

Exactly! You can always cherry-pick stories to make a point (ANY point), but you should not forget the big picture and look at each and every single case without prejudice. There may be hoaxes, but the vast number of hate crimes are not.

There are disturbed individuals who claimed their child was abducted when it was not just because their car was stolen and they wanted to get it back fast. I don’t want the police to roll their eyes and say ”Gaah! Here we go again!“.

I don't believe that. It seems to me, more and more, that fake hate crimes are on the rise. I can think of several in recent history.

1. Hate crime hoax at military academy, where a cadet spray painted racial slurs.
2. Hate crime hoax at university, where a student created hysteria with letters threatening minority students.
3. Hate crime hoax, young Muslim woman stated that she was attacked and her head scarf stolen.

These crimes get huge coverage, and they fizzle out when discovered to be hoaxes. Time to end this unnecessary drama, with mandatory sentences. Prison. So that they are considered serious criminal behavior. Not written off as a mental health condition. It is planned, deliberate, and meant to create Social problems.
According to FBI statistics, hate crimes are on the rise.

I’ve seen numbers that put the percentage of hoaxes, between 2 and 8%.

If hate crimes are increasing, it stands to reason that the overall number of hoaxes would increase right along with it.

That doesn’t change the fact that real hate crimes are a problem, or that most of them are legitimate.

The data bears it out.

SBM

Denzel Washington, in a 2016 speech, had some wise words about media practices. “In our society, now it’s just first — who cares, get it out there. We don’t care who it hurts. We don’t care who we destroy. We don’t care if it’s true. Just say it, sell it. Anything you practice you’ll get good at — including BS.”

Given how social media has become a publishing platform for anyone famous enough to attract an audience, actors and activists have become a huge new source of progsteria.

These loudmouths and lamebrains have no editors, no oversight and no standards. They live in their fantasies. So it’s hardly surprising that they’re among the biggest spreaders of fake news.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/17/dont-expect-apologies-from-the-left-over-jussie-smollett-attack-fraud/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member