Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from this link: High school senior Thomas Brown missing from Texas after vanishing over Thanksgiving 2016

'Around 2:00 a.m., Penny says she called the homes of the friends Thomas had hung out with that night. One friend did not answer her call, but the others had each made it home that night and were surprised to hear Thomas had not.'

So - does anyone have a verifiable list of who Penny was able to talk to and who didn't answer their phone?

Answering my own question - I know she talked to Kaleb (via Kalebs mom). Tucker and Deputy Gregory went to Sage's house to look.

If you go to around minute 52 at Thomas Brown: Seeds Of Doubt | Free Podcasts | Podomatic"
Around 2 o’clock Penny calls Kaleb’s Mom,Robin and she wakes Kaleb. Kaleb immediately sent a text to Christian and Michael. Christian responded quickly but it took Michael a little longer. Within 15-20 minutes later Robin, Kaleb and Christian came into town to search and Michael even came to search a little later.

If you go to around minute 52 at Thomas Brown: Seeds Of Doubt | Free Podcasts | Podomatic"
Around 2 o’clock Penny calls Kaleb’s Mom,Robin and she wakes Kaleb. Kaleb immediately sent a text to Christian and Michael. Christian responded quickly but it took Michael a little longer. Within 15-20 minutes later Robin, Kaleb and Christian came into town to search and Michael even came to search a little later.
Im thinking I need to go re-listen. I have some more questions now that Tom's body.

I'm just trying to sort this out in my head.

Who would want to hurt this young man? Could it have been an alcohol overdose, or a drug overdose?

From the sounds of it perhaps TB met up with "friends" after he got gas. (After leaving the 3 friends he'd been driving around with earlier). Did he then go to the Lake where kids were partying? Did something happen there?

The timeline is very strange. Hard to believe it took the deputy so long to get out and investigate.

Also, TB's truck was possibly seen via cctv driving around between 4:30 and 6:00am. If it was someone driving his truck other than TB, why? (Well, maybe because they were trying to decide what to do with his truck?) Was anyone else seen driving around at that time?

And say it was an accident....why would anyone choose to live with this lie hanging over their heads? Why not come clean and speak?! How many are involved? How can they all stay quiet?!

Would one of these schoolmates have knowingly murdered TB? I find that so hard to grasp.

Why did the students PK interviewed keep telling him that TB was out there somewhere. How did they know? And what else did/do they know?!

And why is it the dogs followed TB's scent from his truck (where it was ultimately found parked) to the edge of the Canadian River?
Am I allowed to post my theory of what I think happened? Is that allowed per rules?

If this is true, it doesn't seem possible that one of those teenagers could have been the ones driving TB's truck...if in fact, it was TB's truck on CCTV around 4:30 to 6:00 am.

If this is true, it doesn't seem possible that one of those teenagers could have been the ones driving TB's truck...if in fact, it was TB's truck on CCTV around 4:30 to 6:00 am.

I agree, but in my mind, atleast two people are involved. Mainly because of where Tom's car was found. Someone obviously drove it out there. How did he/she get away from there after dumping the car if he was by himself? Walk? That seems pretty risky that someone would see him/her while everyone was out searching.

Am I allowed to post my theory of what I think happened? Is that allowed per rules?

I’d recommend using vague wording, rather than naming any names. Don’t want people googling someone’s name and finding a direct accusation of someone. As I understand it, there’s no person/persons of interest, yet.

I agree, but in my mind, atleast two people are involved. Mainly because of where Tom's car was found. Someone obviously drove it out there. How did he/she get away from there after dumping the car if he was by himself? Walk? That seems pretty risky that someone would see him/her while everyone was out searching.

I've always been stuck on at least 2 as well. I figure two together might also "push" each other to do something stupid that they wouldn't do solo. Even something simple like Thomas turning down the invitation to stay out after curfew to meet at the lake could have set off a bad chain of events.

Thanks JB.
Apologies in advance - pedant at the keyboard...
I've noted in the notes (linked) that the trio parted at 11:25pm where Thomas car had been left. So 11:25pm is when Thomas was dropped back his vehicle. Next step - 11:40 pm (15minutes later) Thomas is caught on cctv at Fronks. Rhetorical Q: Was he alone at the gas station, or did the 3 of them all go gas up or the other 2 wait while Thomas gassed up... I ask this because the church cctv has 3 cars passing at 11:42pm - were these 3 cars passing at the same time, or have the 3 events been grouped together as one event 11:42pm (17 minutes after they supposedly separated)?

If it is that the 3 vehicles were caught on the cctv at the same time, then we have a bigger question, answered. The trio had not finished their evening's entertainment. They had not split off to their individual homes to meet possible curfews.

I'm interested in why they split up at 11:25pm. That seems kinda early for midnight curfew. Even figuring in the need to stop for gas. If they got back together after the fill-up, that makes more sense, especially if they were planning on driving somewhere other than home. Who was driving the 3 cars? Was Thomas's vehicle one of the 3?

Okay, here goes nothing. All that follows is my opinion and not fact. I think Tom was followed to Fronk's station by two male friends at the approximate time of 11:30-12:00. It has been said that Tom had met up with friend MC earlier in the day. This is most likely when the debit card was lost in the truck. Tom's mother said he met with two girls earlier in the day. There was no school that day. Tom was with CW and KK later in the evening driving around up until after 11pm. I believe one or both male friends were interested in a girl from the pair of that day who was interested in Tom. I would guess it was reciprocated by Tom if he was going to see them the next day, Thanksgiving. Ex girlfriend SP was privileged to this information and thought there may be trouble. She texted Tom knowing there could be a confrontation to see if he was okay. It is possible law enforcement was alerted to trouble and at this time, the mysterious gas station photo Mom saw was taken. The boys confronted Tom and something happened. Law enforcement either knew about this, was monitoring the altercation or lookout. I think it possible the kids drove around in the Durango "talking" to Tom. In the heat of an argument, maybe someone waving around a gun to threaten Tom away from the girl, a .25 caliber weapon discharged. Tom is shot. Tom's phone goes off with a text message, either from brother or mother. Someone turns the phone off and pockets it. What to do with Tom? I'm not sure what happens to Tom after this. Someone, not Tom, is driving Tom's Durango around to use a quarter tank of gas. Probably tossing evidence in a blind panic like clothes, backpack, etc. SNL, who hasn't started his shift yet tells the boys to get in their cars and go home, he will handle it. SNL gets into contact with the boy's fathers. Lawyers are awoken and consulted. Everyone is warned not to talk under some threat. Deputy on duty is searching for Tom with brother. Meanwhile SNL is in constant contact with them by text or in person (Abraham's video) not police radio. Before SNL starts his shift at 7am he drops the Durango in the spot it was eventually found in. In my opinion, LE has always had Tom's phone and keys. Please be reminded this is all conjecture by me and not to be construed as fact at all.

Okay, here goes nothing. All that follows is my opinion and not fact. I think Tom was followed to Fronk's station by two male friends at the approximate time of 11:30-12:00. It has been said that Tom had met up with friend MC earlier in the day. This is most likely when the debit card was lost in the truck. Tom's mother said he met with two girls earlier in the day. There was no school that day. Tom was with CW and KK later in the evening driving around up until after 11pm. I believe one or both male friends were interested in a girl from the pair of that day who was interested in Tom. I would guess it was reciprocated by Tom if he was going to see them the next day, Thanksgiving. Ex girlfriend SP was privileged to this information and thought there may be trouble. She texted Tom knowing there could be a confrontation to see if he was okay. It is possible law enforcement was alerted to trouble and at this time, the mysterious gas station photo Mom saw was taken. The boys confronted Tom and something happened. Law enforcement either knew about this, was monitoring the altercation or lookout. I think it possible the kids drove around in the Durango "talking" to Tom. In the heat of an argument, maybe someone waving around a gun to threaten Tom away from the girl, a .25 caliber weapon discharged. Tom is shot. Tom's phone goes off with a text message, either from brother or mother. Someone turns the phone off and pockets it. What to do with Tom? I'm not sure what happens to Tom after this. Someone, not Tom, is driving Tom's Durango around to use a quarter tank of gas. Probably tossing evidence in a blind panic like clothes, backpack, etc. SNL, who hasn't started his shift yet tells the boys to get in their cars and go home, he will handle it. SNL gets into contact with the boy's fathers. Lawyers are awoken and consulted. Everyone is warned not to talk under some threat. Deputy on duty is searching for Tom with brother. Meanwhile SNL is in constant contact with them by text or in person (Abraham's video) not police radio. Before SNL starts his shift at 7am he drops the Durango in the spot it was eventually found in. In my opinion, LE has always had Tom's phone and keys. Please be reminded this is all conjecture by me and not to be construed as fact at all.
Whoa. This actually makes perfect sense. Great job, Crimescenetape, and welcome to WS!

Good theory!! I am curious of how tall the key players are in this case? We know that Toms seat had been moved (cannot recall off hand if it was moved forward or back...but that info is in this thread towards the beginning, I believe).

The first question I have with the above theory is who is close enough to SNL that he would be willing to help them cover something up? Is there any extended family connections with anyone that has been mentioned in the case? I cannot imagine helping someone cover something up for just a fellow Canadian citizen. They would have to be super close, I would think, to take that risk for just anyone.

Last edited:

This is great - I think a lot of us are thinking along these lines (I personally don't think it was an accident, though)

Good theory!! I am curious of how tall the key players are in this case? We know that Toms seat had been moved (cannot recall off hand if it was moved forward or back...but that info is in this thread towards the beginning, I believe).

The first question I have with the above theory is who is close enough to SNL that he would be willing to help them cover something up? Is there any extended family connections with anyone that has been mentioned in the case? I cannot imagine helping someone cover something up for just a fellow Canadian citizen. They would have to be super close, I would think, to take that risk for just anyone.
I think KK is not tall, shorter than TB it seems. Sheriff looks tall. MC, no idea as well as anyone of the deputies. I have no connections to this case and I live completely across the country. I only know what I've read MSM or heard in the Unfound Podcast. As for the Sheriff covering up, I think everyone is connected with everyone in this town. Most people are probably related by family or know someone with close family connections. Honestly, and I hate to say this, I think a wealthy father, land/business owner/elected official is pulling strings and calling in favors. Possibly, blackmailing the Sheriff?

Last edited:
Interesting scenarios. If others met him at Fronk’s it looks like that would be on surveillance video though. Maybe they met back at school. I just find it unlikely that both the law and kids jointly did this and it was kept quiet for so long. This case is so fascinating with all the different story lines behind each individual connected with this case. I feel that when the all the evidence is known and the person(s) are arrested it will all make more sense. Klein keeps saying this will shake up the political offices in Hemphill County and Canadian; makes me wonder what he knows that I don’t know. And the Durango could have been placed at the water treatment with someone who had an extra eye out for the coast is clear. I am thinking this involved more than one person too. Unbelievable how no one saw this when so many people were out searching. I am confused why the Sheriff office is still on the list of taking tips on this case if they were being investigated. It looks like there isn’t any evidence of wrong or surely they would be out of office already. So then I go back to why would SP, who Tom had mutually broken up with, send a text within moments of something bad happening to Tom asking if he was Ok? That is a really big coincidence. She said it was just a feeling. Perhaps she saw something on his social media. Tom’s Facebook account was hacked, which smells like teenagers were involved. Low Caliber gun is not a gun law enforcement would use so this too sounds more like teenagers were involved. And throwing items out the window driving down a road doesn’t sounds like a law enforcement move. I do think there is a possibility that some of the people who helped in the search for Tom were probably involved in this, whether it was LE or Teens. I just don’t think it is both. This case is like a puzzle with a ton of pieces. After the memorial, Penny said finding Thomas just gave her more questions. So many questions... I do feel for those who are innocent. I would hate to be in their shoes. And I want justice for Penny and hope the truth comes soon. All this is my very humble opinion btw!

Oops! Sorry! Thanks for fixing it.

No worries! Thank you for the link! I thought it might because I don't have fb. I just wanted to offer direct links in case I wasn't the only one. ;):)

Seems to be a very small town newspaper. It sounds like Tom's dad is coping by leaning heavily on his faith and taking his inspiration from Tom's life instead of focusing on his death.
We didn't get any new case info as far as I heard.

snipped by me
A question for clarification of this theory please - is the suggestion that potentially 2 males (peers of Thomas) have colluded and are part of the cover-up, rather than a one-on-one confrontation? Am just checking I'm on the same page CST.

One more loose thread for me ... I had an idea that potentially 3 people of a peer group could well have 3 different curfew times. and that's why Thomas was dropped off at his vehicle at that particular time (eg that particular time may have been as a result that suited one of the other of the trio and not Thomas in particular).
Thomas was dropped off at his car by CW (driver). KK was in CW's vehicle at this time. Did CW then drop KK back home, or back to his vehicle?
It's the 3 vehicles caught on cctv at the church that currently keeps my attention.
The PI's timeline isn't detailed enough for me. Is there something more detailed (outside of our thread) than this attachment?

Attachments

• casefile.png
    casefile.png
    462.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors