Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about the surveillance photos of savannah, the man she was holding arms with is also in another one of the photos and it looks like he’s behind her waiting on something as he’s facing the other direction.
Also in the possession of the local police...who have released only a select few frames for the public....

I’m confused about the surveillance photos of savannah, the man she was holding arms with is also in another one of the photos and it looks like he’s behind her waiting on something as he’s facing the other direction.

I found those photos of interest too. It looks to me they have left the bar but are waiting on something. The guy behind her is dressed just like the man she's seen walking with and I thought it was the same man. Is he on his phone?

When you look at Savannah's facial expression she looks worried to me. I considered she left the bar without a ride and possibly the guys offered her one while she was outside that bar trying to figure out how she was going to get to her car.

We've got the picture of her walking with her arm around the mans arm she's walking with and that looks like she knows him. Would you walk that way with someone you just talked with?

They probably were talking together inside the bar and when leaving the man she was with wanted to make a phone call before they walked to the parking garage.

It's confusing.

I want someone on here to correct me...But I think the video camera was positioned up above, and in between the entrance and exit of the hospital parking garage

I would like to think they wouldn't be dumb enough to take their phones with them whilendisposing of a body. It wouldn’t be suspicious if the phones were left in the house where they all admittedly were.
It depends on when they all said they left etc. Hopefully the Police found something to help with the investigation when they checked their phones and pings.

We've got the picture of her walking with her arm around the mans arm she's walking with and that looks like she knows him. Would you walk that way with someone you just talked with?.

SBM

Maybe...
End of the night, high heels and achy feet, cold, upset that my friend left me...so maybe. It doesn't look like a romantic move to me, just a friendly one.

I want someone on here to correct me...But I think the video camera was positioned up above, and in between the entrance and exit of the hospital parking garage
OK, Yes......leaving from the bar and going across the little patch of grass up on the curb..

I found those photos of interest too. It looks to me they have left the bar but are waiting on something. The guy behind her is dressed just like the man she's seen walking with and I thought it was the same man. Is he on his phone?

When you look at Savannah's facial expression she looks worried to me. I considered she left the bar without a ride and possibly the guys offered her one while she was outside that bar trying to figure out how she was going to get to her car.

We've got the picture of her walking with her arm around the mans arm she's walking with and that looks like she knows him. Would you walk that way with someone you just talked with?

They probably were talking together inside the bar and when leaving the man she was with wanted to make a phone call before they walked to the parking garage.

It's confusing.
well the facetime to mom is critical here. suggests she willingly was in the car and was planning to stay out a bit longer with "friends".

It's confusing.
would she walk that way with someone she just met? folks have been known to do lots of questionable things with people they just met.

There's a chance she knew them, but I don't think she did. I've lived in or around Richmond for more than 30 years. I was a college student at EKU. I can count the number of people I know from Garrard County on one hand. The road from Lancaster to Richmond is long, dark, and curvy at night-not an ideal road to be traveling down after drinking. The Garrard County people I know tend to go out in Danville. When you're looking at the map, distance wise it doesn't look that far from Richmond, but actually living here and being a part of the culture is a little different. 20 years ago people would flock to Richmond on Thursday nights because we had a thriving downtown culture with more than a dozen small bars and dance clubs. They'd come from all surrounding counties. That downtown scene is now gone. There are still some good bars, of course, and you can definitely still go out and drink but it's not the scene that it once was. There's nothing real special for out of towners to come party in Richmond anymore-it's much more of just a local scene these days.

I can definitely believe that she met some random men, got to talking, and took them up on an offer to take her to her car or something. I'm not that old. I remember the days of going out and drinking and bonding with people at the bar after only hanging out for an hour or two. What sounds like a great idea at the time probably wouldn't when you're stone cold sober and in daylight. NOT implying that Savannah was heavily intoxicated, but I could see her having a drink or two, not wanting the night to end, and being game when one of the guys said, "Hey don't worry, we'll take you back to your car!" Or even, "Let's go to the Waffle House and grab a bite to eat. We'll take you back to your car later." We're not naive here, but we're awfully friendly.

I do think that something happened to her once she got to that house in GC. Whether all the men were involved, or just one of them, I don't have much of an opinion on. It could've been an accident that sent someone into a panic and now the thing has taken on a life of its own and they're too afraid to talk. Or it could've been flat out murder. Either way, I think someone is going to have to talk before we know.

If you are a young, unmarried, person, who wants to do the bar scene, Danville is not the where they'd go (I don't count Applebee's as a bar). It's not what one would call a typical college town (very low-key). Although no road is good for driving while intoxicated, the new road has improved the travel between Richmond and Lancaster. If one lives in Richmond, and wants to pub crawl in their own backyard, instead of risking the 25 mile drive to Lex, there's definitely options in Richmond, just as good as, or better than, the bars on S. Limestone. j.s. Richmond still has a nightlife scene. Believe me, it's there. Bars, bands, etc... just hasn't been a nightlife scene on 1st street for quite awhile.

Lex may be attractive to some, but, imo, the main draw, of Lex bars vs Richmond bars, if you live in Richmond, or GC, is the ability to drink longer, or to meet up w/friends in the area. SS and her female friend, met a male friend who lives in Lex, who she and her female friend, then rode with their male friend, to the bar. SS didn't leave Richmond til 10 p.m., (bars closing soon in Richmond), so they probably didn't even get to S. Limestone, til, at the earliest, 11:00 p.m. (possible clothing change, makeup touch up, change cars, find a parking space, etc...). They hit that bar about the time things were gettin' hoppin'.

From The Other Bar, at S. Limestone, it would have been a relatively straight shot down I-75, to head home.(around 25 miles to her home, from The Other Bar). It's a relatively straight shot down 27 to GC, too. The difference in the landmarks between the routes, though, would stand out quite a bit. Even if intoxicated, things like the Fayette Mall, Brannon Crossing, RJ Corman's big train display, and such, would be fairly large signs that they were not headed toward I-75, nor Richmond, nor toward her vehicle. I've said all that to say, that I don't feel that she felt unsafe in any way, or, if so, about the time they hit the Fayette/Jessamine line, and she was on the phone w/her Mom, she'd not have hung up on her Mom, nor would they have allowed her to call her back. If they had ill intentions, that phone would never have had a chance to ping in GC.

Did I read the 2 guys that took her to this white house in Fall Lick say she left out on foot the next morning? If this is true someone should have been called to pick her up it is not like she could have walked to the local bus stop a block away, this IMO is total guano and warrants them getting picked up. Have they lawyered up? If so who is this lawyer?

It's not been verified that the white house was the last place that she was at. There have been at least one, and possibly two, other homes that have been searched.

I have no idea if the local police were resourceful enough to ask for video footage from all Thorntons, Super America, BP, Loves, Huck's etc. within a 100 mile radius that morning.

Of course if she was transported by a vehicle that LE is unaware of...it will be a dead end......

It is my understanding that video footage has been requested and it has placed SS in GC. Madison County is lead on this, in addition to KSP, and it was a GC LEO, who made note of the truck they were looking for, and pulled it over, thereby finding out the other men in question.

SBM

Maybe...
End of the night, high heels and achy feet, cold, upset that my friend left me...so maybe. It doesn't look like a romantic move to me, just a friendly one.
Or a steadying move considering all those same reasons. :)

I don't believe in my heart SS set out to be 'picked up' by men for any kind of hooking up. I think she just wanted to go and blow off some steam with her friends, she was stressed I'm sure about the upcoming court date for her DUI, the children and who knows what else. :(

If you are a young, unmarried, person, who wants to do the bar scene, Danville is not the where they'd go (I don't count Applebee's as a bar). It's not what one would call a typical college town (very low-key). Although no road is good for driving while intoxicated, the new road has improved the travel between Richmond and Lancaster. If one lives in Richmond, and wants to pub crawl in their own backyard, instead of risking the 25 mile drive to Lex, there's definitely options in Richmond, just as good as, or better than, the bars on S. Limestone. j.s. Richmond still has a nightlife scene. Believe me, it's there. Bars, bands, etc... just hasn't been a nightlife scene on 1st street for quite awhile.

Lex may be attractive to some, but, imo, the main draw, of Lex bars vs Richmond bars, if you live in Richmond, or GC, is the ability to drink longer, or to meet up w/friends in the area. SS and her female friend, met a male friend who lives in Lex, who she and her female friend, then rode with their male friend, to the bar. SS didn't leave Richmond til 10 p.m., (bars closing soon in Richmond), so they probably didn't even get to S. Limestone, til, at the earliest, 11:00 p.m. (possible clothing change, makeup touch up, change cars, find a parking space, etc...). They hit that bar about the time things were gettin' hoppin'.

From The Other Bar, at S. Limestone, it would have been a relatively straight shot down I-75, to head home.(around 25 miles to her home, from The Other Bar). It's a relatively straight shot down 27 to GC, too. The difference in the landmarks between the routes, though, would stand out quite a bit. Even if intoxicated, things like the Fayette Mall, Brannon Crossing, RJ Corman's big train display, and such, would be fairly large signs that they were not headed toward I-75, nor Richmond, nor toward her vehicle. I've said all that to say, that I don't feel that she felt unsafe in any way, or, if so, about the time they hit the Fayette/Jessamine line, and she was on the phone w/her Mom, she'd not have hung up on her Mom, nor would they have allowed her to call her back. If they had ill intentions, that phone would never have had a chance to ping in GC.
But do we know where they were during the FaceTime call? Couldn’t they have still been on Limestone? We can’t really know she was already well on the way to GC and comfortable with that.

But do we know where they were during the FaceTime call? Couldn’t they have still been on Limestone? We can’t really know she was already well on the way to GC and comfortable with that.

Just from the way towers, switches and phones work- LE probably has a pretty good idea where she was when the call was made. I have to go back and do some reading bc I remember them mentioning her phone pinging around a certain time around nicholasville. I’d always assumed that was probably the phone call to her mom since that happened a little before 3 am. If it was just a ping though, then it probably wasn’t the phone call. It just depends on how technical LE is when they’re using the term “ping”.

It's confusing.
Just my opinion- if she was not comfortable riding with these guys, she could have asked a bartender to call for a ride for her.

Her discomfort may not have come until later. I have been completely comfortable getting into a car before, only to become extremely frightened within minutes.
Yes I know- re read my post- I said if she was not comfortable riding with these guys, a bartender would have called for a ride, meaning in my response to the poster I quoted, that she didn't have to leave the bar with them, if she was not comfortable going with them. I totally understand how she could have been scared to pieces once she got in the car, but to me, in those photos, she did not look worried or scared. A bit inebriated but not scared.

OK, Yes......leaving from the bar and going across the little patch of grass up on the curb..
I think they are walking into the parking garage. If you look at the paint on the ground in the picture it matches to what is on google maps. Then you can see the post and the bike racks behind them. To me it looks like the 3 of them are about the enter the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member