OH - Sheila Wallace, 58, fatally shot while walking dog in park, Cleveland, 17 Jan 2019 *arrest in 2023*

Ugh finally opened this thread...did not want to...am her age, with a dog and if I move from my current apartment, I may have to start walking her in neighborhoods or go to a park. I feel safe where I am now as there are huge grounds, well lit mostly. And I just came in now with her, after midnight. In fact it is the primary reason I keep renewing. So many areas are unsafe, especially in my budget.

I don’t mean to ramble and make this all about me...just really struck home for me. Sometimes the world sucks..jmo. This just sounds like totally senseless violence.

I hear ya.

Reward doubled for tips in murder of Cleveland woman walking dog

I hope this gets some new leads^

Just checked the evening news. Nothing.
This is absolutely so wrong. What is more innocent than walking a dog in a local park.
Someone knows the shooter. Moo is the perp’ is local to the neighborhood or had a reason to be near the park.
Was there some nefarious activity going on & someone thought S was aware of it? Juvie/young adult with a new gun? Did the shooter get lucky hitting her in the head?
So horrific, it makes me ill.
Moo

The crime rate in the near west side of Cleveland has been increasing. And it's not just been locals.

There has a lot of basement dwelling, prep school graduate, college drop out, gun-obsessed, prideful and warped angry young men who are either ignored by or enabled by parents who kill for thrills recently. I feel like we may see another here

There has a lot of basement dwelling, prep school graduate, college drop out, gun-obsessed, prideful and warped angry young men who are either ignored by or enabled by parents who kill for thrills recently. I feel like we may see another here

I agree. I think he’s local & someone knows who he is.
The park isn’t the kind to attract tourists, lol.

Some good news - there's video of the killers and they're getting a lot of tips.

Cleveland homicide detectives have message for suspects in murder of Cleveland woman

CLEVELAND - Cleveland homicide detectives say they now have video that shows the suspects involved in the January 17 murder of a 58-year-old Cleveland woman.

Lt. Ali Pillow says detectives are getting the video enhanced before they release it. He says they are also in the process of obtaining additional video as well as other evidence.

"We are getting a lot of tips from the community as well," Pillow said. "This was a completely senseless, random act."

Probably someone who lives or hangs out in the neighborhood, considering they've gotten so many tips.

Over a month, no arrests. Hopefully the enhanced video will bring some results. Sadly, I was wrong, I thought this would be solved quickly. I was thinking someone might have a “strange” neighbor or a description of an intimidating character seen at the park on a regular basis.

What was the point of this person killing an innocent person minding her own business, walking her dog?

Exactly. Just a random freak proving to his companion “I’m bad, got a gun & ain’t afraid to use it”, is all I can figure. Just sickening. How awful for locals needing to walk their dogs or get their kids out for some fresh air.

What was the point of this person killing an innocent person minding her own business, walking her dog?

Maybe a “deal” was going down & Pistol Pete thought Sheila witnessed something? She may have, well. Ever know.

I don't know why any gang members would even worry if a woman walking her dog saw them doing a quick deal. Even if she did, nothing would happen. She could call 911 or walk up to a passing squad car, and tell what she saw and we all know what would come of it---NOTHING. Her death is heartbreaking and maddening.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back