TX - Several police officers shot, raid, 2 people killed, Houston, 28 Jan 2019 *6 officers charged*

Wow...

“In 1992, Houston police said Goines had just completed a narcotics transaction when he stopped to urinate on a tree. The homeowner, who was worried about burglars, walked outside and spoke to Goines. Moments later, police said at the time, he returned with a pistol. Goines was shot in the jaw.”

Also see 1997 incident.

He was also shot in the jaw this time. Interesting.

I find this entire story beyond disturbing. That couple was innocent and were killed for no reason at all. So incredibly sad! Prayers to their families. I remember seeing the couples pictures on the news as being the drug dealers and thought to myself that they certainly were not the types of people I was expecting to see. They looked like a normal couple to me.

I find this entire story beyond disturbing. That couple was innocent and were killed for no reason at all. So incredibly sad! Prayers to their families. I remember seeing the couples pictures on the news as being the drug dealers and thought to myself that they certainly were not the types of people I was expecting to see. They looked like a normal couple to me.
I hope this officer faces murder charges and not just some falsifying evidence bs charge.

No offense to anyone from Texas but I was asked to do what I can do to help a group starting a PAC for families harmed by public corruption.I'm an outsider but Texas seems like a pretty corrupt state from all the articles I've read and people I've talked with.

No offense to anyone from Texas but I was asked to do what I can do to help a group starting a PAC for families harmed by public corruption.I'm an outsider but Texas seems like a pretty corrupt state from all the articles I've read and people I've talked with.
I'm from Texas and yes it is very corrupt indeed. There is alot of the "good old boys" systems working around here. I actually believe we have a woman on death row here in Texas that might have actually been railroaded. Not positive but certainly a possibilty from what I have seen living here all of my life.

I'm from Texas and yes it is very corrupt indeed. There is alot of the "good old boys" systems working around here. I actually believe we have a woman on death row here in Texas that might have actually been railroaded. Not positive but certainly a possibilty from what I have seen living here all of my life.
I now it is not a popular opinion here.Texas corruption is out of control.The good old boy system is alive and well.The case that got me involved Michael Chambers is a good example.Everyone in power in Hunt County take care of each other.Even the AG who took the case from the Sheriff is under indictment but I have to admit the case changed when he got involved.

Deadly Houston drug raid probed by FBI; prosecutor to review 1,400 cases of key officer

The Houston-area prosecutor's office said it is reviewing more than 1,400 cases spanning the career of a city narcotics officer at the center of questions swirling around a deadly drug raid last month.

The FBI also said it has opened an independent civil rights investigation into Jan. 28 raid that left a man and a woman who lived at the home dead and several police officers shot and injured. The agency's Houston office said the investigation is "into allegations that a search warrant obtained by Houston police officers was based on false, fabricated information."

:(
I have a soft spot for animals. Nothing brings tears faster than a sad animal story. They're so innocent and dependent.
I agree we have three dogs none he got by choice but we sure take care of them.We have seven turtles and a lizard all but two are rehomed or rescued.

That officer has a history of finding drugs, but he was shot and taken to the hospital as the raid began and no drugs were found. This raised the issue of whether he had planned to plant drugs but was unable to because he was shot.

Actually he has a history of having drugs strangely in his possession, and even did have some drugs in his possession, in his official police vehicle, after the raid that killed the couple.
"In 2002, Goines was in trouble for keeping crack cocaine he’d purchased in a drug buy. The evidence was found unlogged in the toolbox of his city vehicle.
That particular problem persisted, because drugs were also found in Goines' city vehicle after the botched raid in January."
1,400 cases tied to officer at center of deadly raid to be reviewed

Despite the raid involving a lot of police, nobody had a body camera.
"The push for body cameras started in 2015 when Houston City Council approved a $3.4 million contract with plans to buy 4,100 devices, but put those plans on pause in 2017 after Acevedo raised concerns about issues with the cameras’ battery life."
Lack of body cameras limits answers from botched Houston drug raid

Texas has executed a lot of people, including quite a few who turned out to have been possibly innocent and many whose crimes were not as offensive as the phony drug raid.

Recently the NYPD charged a guy who had a fake gun with murder because when the police saw the fake gun they accidentally shot one of their own people and they figured the blame was best put at the guy with the fake gun.

This isn't his first time faking evidence. There are even some upcoming trials whose lawyers say they can show that he faked evidence. 1,400 cases tied to officer at center of deadly raid to be reviewed

Can one cop, alone, really create fake cases and rise through the ranks on bogus work without other cops noticing? It's hard to believe.

That officer has a history of finding drugs, but he was shot and taken to the hospital as the raid began and no drugs were found. This raised the issue of whether he had planned to plant drugs but was unable to because he was shot.

Actually he has a history of having drugs strangely in his possession, and even did have some drugs in his possession, in his official police vehicle, after the raid that killed the couple.
"In 2002, Goines was in trouble for keeping crack cocaine he’d purchased in a drug buy. The evidence was found unlogged in the toolbox of his city vehicle.
That particular problem persisted, because drugs were also found in Goines' city vehicle after the botched raid in January."
1,400 cases tied to officer at center of deadly raid to be reviewed

Despite the raid involving a lot of police, nobody had a body camera.
"The push for body cameras started in 2015 when Houston City Council approved a $3.4 million contract with plans to buy 4,100 devices, but put those plans on pause in 2017 after Acevedo raised concerns about issues with the cameras’ battery life."
Lack of body cameras limits answers from botched Houston drug raid

Texas has executed a lot of people, including quite a few who turned out to have been possibly innocent and many whose crimes were not as offensive as the phony drug raid.

Recently the NYPD charged a guy who had a fake gun with murder because when the police saw the fake gun they accidentally shot one of their own people and they figured the blame was best put at the guy with the fake gun.

This isn't his first time faking evidence. There are even some upcoming trials whose lawyers say they can show that he faked evidence. 1,400 cases tied to officer at center of deadly raid to be reviewed

Can one cop, alone, really create fake cases and rise through the ranks on bogus work without other cops noticing? It's hard to believe.
Ye gads. No wonder the CA has a blacklist.

Ye gads. No wonder the CA has a blacklist.
Drug raids and arrest are becoming less and less legit since prisons became privately owned.It is more about acquiring more cheap labor.Silicone Valley is even in on the act now using inmates as coders.

Drug raids and arrest are becoming less and less legit since prisons became privately owned.It is more about acquiring more cheap labor.Silicone Valley is even in on the act now using inmates as coders.

( Why Silicon Valley is teaming up with San Quentin to train young people to code

Silicon Valley turns prisoners into programmers at San Quentin

“SAN QUENTIN, Calif. — The men in prison-issued blues sit side by side at long wood tables, learning to write software code on refurbished computers in a bare-bones lab inside San Quentin State Prison.“ )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back