Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a quote/comment on here a few days ago from a local man who mentioned the cemetery

I can't think where the cemetery is. There's a small church graveyard on the corner of Bev Road and Clough Road (St Johns). and there's the old Sculcoates burial ground and Air Street but those are some distance up Bev Road.

Strawberry Walk has always had a bad reputation. We were scared of it as kids, terrified in fact that I never went more than a few metres down it. Has anyone been down there for a nosey?

I can't think where the cemetery is. There's a small church graveyard on the corner of Bev Road and Clough Road (St Johns). and there's the old Sculcoates burial ground and Air Street but those are some distance up Bev Road.
I’m trying to find the comment, he definitely mentioned graveyard/cemetery. Going to look back now

I’m trying to find the comment, he definitely mentioned graveyard/cemetery. Going to look back now

Actually, I do apologise. I didn't realise that was happening RIGHT NOW....thought you'd posted an old story. I've been hearing a helicopter overhead over the past 30 mins, that explains it. HDM are doing a live blog.

From Hull Live “One person told Hull Live they saw officers searching the area by the cemetery at about 5pm, although it has been shut off completely since before 7pm”

I wonder if they have had a tip off about something with them starting a search at 5pm and then taping it off closer to 7pm. I’m hoping it is related to Libby but then hoping not at the same time!

There was a report posted elsewhere from a guy who saw two men acting suspiciously with shovels at a cemetery at back of his house the day after he had heard screams. Also there was a photo of them with a white van. Be interesting to see what follows. The guy reported he had spoken to police and gave a statement and that they would be in touch if needed. Maybe now they are following up. I have seen mentioned by people that the colour of the top of the guy in new CCTV looked similar to what he saw. Wasn't mentioned which cemetery.

There was a report posted elsewhere from a guy who saw two men acting suspiciously with shovels at a cemetery at back of his house the day after he had heard screams. Also there was a photo of them with a white van. Be interesting to see what follows.
Yes! That’s it! Have tried to find it (unsuccessfully) I definitely remember the comment though as I was shocked by it

From Hull Live “One person told Hull Live they saw officers searching the area by the cemetery at about 5pm, although it has been shut off completely since before 7pm”

I wonder if they have had a tip off about something with them starting a search at 5pm and then taping it off closer to 7pm. I’m hoping it is related to Libby but then hoping not at the same time!

Seems a long time for them to be there! Would there be more than 3 cars there though if it was LS related?

There was a report posted elsewhere from a guy who saw two men acting suspiciously with shovels at a cemetery at back of his house the day after he had heard screams. Also there was a photo of them with a white van. Be interesting to see what follows.

Think it was Sculcoates. He later retracted.

There is a member on here who was going out (on bike) to the park and taking video footage for us all. He was hit and injured while doing this. So, while he may still be online here with us, my assumption is that he is recovering and/or not going out again to explore - at least not for quite a while. All wishing him a fast recovery, but I think there have been a few appeals for someone else who is local to go out to look around and report back to us.

Woah! The overhead shot circling where LS last seen, the witnesses and the oak park really makes it clearer than its ever been for me.

There was a report posted elsewhere from a guy who saw two men acting suspiciously with shovels at a cemetery at back of his house the day after he had heard screams. Also there was a photo of them with a white van. Be interesting to see what follows. The guy reported he had spoken to police and gave a statement. and that they would be in touch if needed. Maybe now they are following up. I have seen mentioned by people that the colour of the top of the guy in new CCTV looked similar to what he saw.
I believe this is a different cemetery my friend.

Strawberry Walk has always had a bad reputation. We were scared of it as kids, terrified in fact that I never went more than a few metres down it. Has anyone been down there for a nosey?

We were scared too. I used to have to go to brownies in the small hut down there. The police were searching down there a lot in the early days of her going missing

Does anyone remember police presence/search around Snuff Mill Lane (Snuffy locally) in early stages? Not sure if that was LS related but Priory Cemetery and Snuffy are linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998