Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Kol ( one of the Umbo twins) from a prev thread.
Kolumbo Just one more thing, sir...

So further to my pics posted yesterday, I wanted to describe something slightly odd I spotted on my walk along the riverbank. It's probably nothing too sinister, but I have to mention it. Just south of Oak Rd Park, about level with the big wind turbine, I spotted a small patch of loose, freshly disturbed soil. It was in a gap in the undergrowth set tight, I think, against the fence that separates the field with the turbine from the river bank path. It wasn't huge. From memory, a maximum of about 3.5 foot in length, maybe 2 foot depth, and roughly rectangular. It may in actuality have been smaller than that. On top of it was a short, chunky piece of driftwood, like a mini railway sleeper or a gatepost. I was intrigued and with the lack of anything else to dig with I picked up the wood and scraped away at the surface. Just below it there was a scattering of something I quite stupidly didn't observe closely enough to ascertain what it was, and didn't take photos of. I couldn't get too close because the branches protruding through the fence were snagging my new hoodie and I didn't want it ruined. It looked like either coloured petals of some kind (unlikely?), or shards of vivid coloured plastic - red, or deep purple (I'm colour blind so can't say for sure). Scratching a little deeper I did not see anything protruding from the ground and the piece of wood was too chunky to actually leverage the ground at all, and then I heard a woman coming along the bank calling her dog so I ditched the hunk of wood, climbed back up on the bank and proceeded on my way. My assumption, given the small size and apparent deliberate "marker" / ornamentation of an unknown nature was that maybe a frequent walker in that area had recently decided to bury their dead dog there. It was close-ish to the park, but you'd have a job describing it as within "dragging/carrying distance" (for a human body anyway). Presumably whoever dug that out did so with a spade, and it would have taken some quite considerable time and been almost impossible in the dead of night. None of this seems like it would have applied to PR. Besides, if you went to the trouble to bury a body in a fairly popular walking spot, you'd not leave a conspicuous marker, would you? But I had to mention it, just in case. Maybe if someone else goes along there today you can scrutinise it in more detail. Cling to the fence separating the river walk from the field containing the big turbine heading south from the park. Eventually you'll spot it. Wish I'd taken a bloody photo of it now though.
Kol did report to police and posted yest? Sun? Recently! that he sent them a map of location as requested but had heard nothing back as at time of post

Didn't even know there was one there! And never heard of Strawberry Walk...I am the worst local ever!

Me too. Never heard of these either. I only live a couple of miles down the road too and went to University on Inglemire lane, getting off the bus where the bench is and on again opposite side of the road. I didn't know about Oak Road park either

Me too. Never heard of these either. I only live a couple of miles down the road too and went to University on Inglemire lane, getting off the bus where the bench is and on again opposite side of the road. I didn't know about Oak Road park either

Loved playing on Oak Road as a child, but didn't have good experiences jogging on there alone as a teenager. It's a huge area and, other than along the River Bank, there are only a few exits that lead you back to civilisation (houses) . If someone spooks you, you have a way to run, and there never used to be many people around. The lake/wildlife area wasn't there then though, which has perhaps made it more popular. Can see why it's really popular with dog walkers though.

Some things you can't mention on here. I do however know not to concern myself with what you're referring to.
This is def not what I was thinking of regarding previous comments, I clearly remember the shallow grave comment. I’m remembering a comment regarding looking in the cemetery

In my opinion I'm inclined to think that if she was still in Hull that she would have been found by now,
I have three things of interest ,
boyfriends and ex boyfriends people she knew etc ,
The suspects rute to work and other work colleagues,
Hull docks and ferry terminal, only a few miles away .

I would hope that they have all been invested but to what extent only le would know !!!

Loved playing on Oak Road as a child, but didn't have good experiences jogging on there alone as a teenager. It's a huge area and, other than along the River Bank, there are only a few exits that lead you back to civilisation (houses) . If someone spooks you, you have a way to run, and there never used to be many people around. The lake/wildlife area wasn't there then though, which has perhaps made it more popular. Can see why it's really popular with dog walkers though.
And in the dark, very easy to get disorientated.

This is def not what I was thinking of regarding previous comments, I clearly remember the shallow grave comment. I’m remembering a comment regarding looking in the cemetery

Nope, I know exactly what you mean, unrelated to what's mentioned. I, and others, just can't talk about it. And no, not worth discussing either IMHO.

Nope, I know exactly what you mean, unrelated to what's mentioned. I, and others, just can't talk about it. And no, not worth discussing either IMHO.
Yep! They’ve now said linked to a suspicious package and no link to any ongoing enquires

Yep! They’ve now said linked to a suspicious package and no link to any ongoing enquires

People are getting confused. That's not what I'm talking about either.

There are a LOT of graveyards in Hull. People are trying to discuss something about Sculcoates, except they don't know they're talking about Sculcoates because everyone is getting confused.

I have to say (with full respect to the WS rules) it is problematic not being able to refer to social media comments because these spread like wildfire...and then locals discuss them in everyday life...at work, down the pub, with family...then people become convinced of things....and then nobody can discuss them or refer to them on WS to discount them, because they were first mentioned on social media...so we can't stop talking about them without actually talking about them.

Is there a way around it that fully keeps within the WS rules? :)

I have to say (with full respect to the WS rules) it is problematic not being able to refer to social media comments because these spread like wildfire...and then locals discuss them in everyday life...at work, down the pub, with family...then people become convinced of things....and then nobody can discuss them or refer to them on WS to discount them, because they were first mentioned on social media...so we can stop talking about them without actually talking about them.

Is there a way around it that fully keeps within the WS rules? :)
You are allowed to have private conversations which are not moderated and do not have to comply with the normal thread rules, however you cannot mention anything about private messages in the normal thread. Hope this makes sense.

You are allowed to have private conversations which are not moderated and do not have to comply with the normal thread rules, however you cannot mention anything about private messages in the normal thread. Hope this makes sense.

Aye it does. But how do we decipher what was born online and not. For example (hypothetically), my mate posts something online that the whole country is referring to. But he also tells me in person. Can I mention it because I was told in person? It's so confusing.

Aye it does. But how do we decipher what was born online and not. For example (hypothetically), my mate posts something online that the whole country is referring to. But he also tells me in person. Can I mention it because I was told in person? It's so confusing.
Page 1 always gives a detailed run down of guidelines for you to help if you are confused.

Page 1 always gives a detailed run down of guidelines for you to help if you are confused.

Ive read them. Many people on this forum are living this though...and the stuff posted online (social media) is also stuff they're experiencing in conversations with living people. It isn't clear when the two cross over.

Ive read them. Many people on this forum are living this though...and the stuff posted online (social media) is also stuff they're experiencing in conversations with living people. It isn't clear when the two cross over.
Do you mean you are unclear if you should post personal conversations re the case?

It confusing because the policy is confused.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Example:

Someone on Twitter, Facegram, Instabook etc posts a theory, point of view or opinion of their own. You are not allowed to refer to it or repeat it.
VERBOTEN

Someone on here posts a theory, point of view or opinion of their own, no matter how crazy and without any evidence for their crackpot theory.
Fill your boots.
WUNDERBAR

Hope it makes sense to someone because it make no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson