The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I said 23rd as it St Georges Day, or 21st the Queen's birthday.

Re the flying thing - when I had my youngest I was advised to have a "fit to fly" certificate from my doctor as I was about 7 months pregnant when we went on holiday. On the way home a fortnight later, at 34 weeks and suddenly huge, they were reluctant to let me fly, pointing at my tummy saying "9 months, 9 months" and insisted on getting my certificate translated and having a medic see me before letting me board.

Anyway, my point is, I doubt Meghan is over 36 weeks (the advised cut off for a long haul flight) so it seems like April it is!!

She's a high risk due to her age. Using the experience gained in 35 years as a registered Professional Nurse, I do not think it's prudent to GO to a developing nation this far into her pregnancy, no matter how she gets there.

She's a high risk due to her age. Using the experience gained in 35 years as a registered Professional Nurse, I do not think it's prudent to GO to a developing nation this far into her pregnancy, no matter how she gets there.

Sorry, I was thinking about the New York trip that she's currently on. And you're right about her age risk. My sister was horrified when pregnant aged 37 to be described as geriatric!

I don’t think Morocco is a developing nation. But flying around is not a good idea.
Development in Morocco and the Enemy From Within - Morocco World News

First sentence: "Morocco is a developing country that has suffered under the yoke of corruption for many years. It is still burdened by economic and social challenges that exercise enormous stress on the country’s progress and development."

I promise I wouldn't have said it if I didn't know I was telling the truth.

Don't she and Harry have an upcoming jaunt to Morocco?
It was stated that the only time a BRF member had visited the country previously was during the Queen's " trip from hell" as the retired staff has reported recently. The photo seems to confirm that in 1979, it was not a pleasant place to be, thus she nor her heirs have returned.
I think she's flying around much too often, but it's her body, her doctors.
The problems would probably arise if she went into labor and possibly had questionable facilities in which to labor and give birth. I admit I know next to nothing about Morocco's health system currently, but I wouldn't want to be there as close as she is to whatever due date has been decided. :)

ETA: A check on a WHO website states that Morocco has a high maternal death rate of 21 maternal deaths per 100,000 deliveries. There is no data recorded for neonatal demise. Fingers crossed they will not travel to this developing country at this time.

BBM

A few years ago, we hosted an exchange student from Morocco. Enough years ago that he is a dentist, and one of his sisters is a doctor. They each have had continuing medical education in Europe.

Most Moroccan people speak French as well as Arabic.

IMHO, if Meghan is in a city she & Baby Sussex will be just fine.

(JMHO, if she's caught out in a rural area -- the team needs to find a woman with several healthy children & ask who helped her deliver!)

View attachment 169951 View attachment 169952

Moms' night out! Pregnant Meghan Markle flashes a wide smile as she heads for dinner at a swanky New York restaurant with Serena Williams and Jessica Mulroney - after intimate baby shower with some of her closest pals

Meghan Markle heads to The Polo Bar with Serena Williams and Jessica Mulroney | Daily Mail Online

Those boots are interesting. They look like they're fabric rather than leather.

ETA Ah, I see as I read the DM article now that they are satin.

View attachment 169925

Duchess of Cornwall takes her seat on the front row alongside Vogue editor Edward Enninful at her first ever Fashion Week - a year after the Queen's debut

Duchess of Cornwall looks chic as she joins Vogue editor at London fashion week | Daily Mail Online
From the article, this is a photo of HRH and Vogue's Anna Wintour at 2018's Fashion week, Her Majesty's first.

10007802-6721617-image-a-5_1550596200613.jpg

Wow she took her usual suit look up a notch didn't she? That ice blue is a gorgeous color on her, especially with her hair. Looks to be Chanel, perhaps? I wish she would've worn color matched gloves though. Might have looked a bit more elegant. Love Anna's look too. I often don't like her clothes but this floral column print is very pretty. They both look like they're enjoying the runway show.

The photo leads me to another question. Is it considered bad form to not remove your sunglasses when in the presence of the Queen?

I keep adding on to my post lol. Here's an article about Anna's sunglasses last year: Even the Queen can't make Anna Wintour part with her sunglasses

Last edited:
From the article, this is a photo of HRH and Vogue's Anna Wintour at 2018's Fashion week, Her Majesty's first.

10007802-6721617-image-a-5_1550596200613.jpg

Wow she took her usual suit look up a notch didn't she? That ice blue is a gorgeous color on her, especially with her hair. Looks to be Chanel, perhaps? I wish she would've worn color matched gloves though. Might have looked a bit more elegant. Love Anna's look too. I often don't like her clothes but this floral column print is very pretty. They both look like they're enjoying the runway show.

The photo leads me to another question. Is it considered bad form to not remove your sunglasses when in the presence of the Queen?

I keep adding on to my post lol. Here's an article about Anna's sunglasses last year: Even the Queen can't make Anna Wintour part with her sunglasses

Oh I LOVE Anna Wintour's dress, it would be perfect for a summer wedding I'm going to and I've got a pair of mustard yellow wedges which would go perfectly. Wonder if I write her a nice note she might send me it!!

Back to the Baby Sussex Hair Color Predictions!

Noticed a piccie of half-brother Thomas, jr this morning. He's inviting D&D SUssex to his upcoming wedding (possibly via The Daily Mail, etc) and an article includes:

images

Red hair! Both parents must have the right genetic structures to create a redhead.

We all know that Harry has this -- does Meghan???

(Mr. Markle, jr's booking photo shows the color more vividly, but I like this dignified image. Looks every much landed gentry here....)

JMHO YMMV LRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member